Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Finished!

louby loo

I am done! I was up at 7 this morning then fell into a proper sleep again mid-morning - the inside of my head feels much rested! I have been to the library, spent much of the day in pjs, done no washing up, nibbled end of year chocolates and read a book (well finished one and started another). I'm planning to rediscover the house this weekend (it's in its usual end of term state of mess) and then am in to school next week to sort cupboards and make plans. I have a whole load of new furniture for our structured play area which needs putting in place and sorting out. I still need to work on the good old TDL though!

All sounds good to me young froglet! :1b

I gave myself the weekend off - no TDL at all - really need to get something crossed off today - can't get motivated :blink:

Nooooooooooooo :o;) ::1a :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is not the sort of help I need at all :P

Nothing crossed off the TDL at all today - oh dear - a good day though - lots of gardening jobs completed including a two hour grass cutting stint :1b

I might have finished another book (that's two already :blink: ) and I might have started another one too :o :lol:

Oh and the 'quackers' are doing fine.......so far :blink: ::1a

• Like 1

I've been to a birthday party in the park - very lovely. A complete surprise for the birthday gal (42) if you were wondering. Lots of food,bunting balloons and children

Just compiling my TDL, it's in it's early stages, lots of stickit notes being moved about - was going to register for the pension thingy - but, a few questions about that yet to sort out.

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1

Finally put the classroom to bed, ready for the next year's teacher now apart from a good clean in the holidays.

I've bought myself a fit bit to celebrate - must be mad - a whole day running around after the grandchildren at an outdoor centre and only 7,500 steps - surely can't be right!!

Have a good holiday everyone, and think of me with the big guys in Year 5 next year. Thank you for all the advice, help and laughs since I joined you all those years ago. I'll be keeping an eye on EY's, ready to return in a few years time I hope.

I've spent the day paper sorting. All preschools stuff - if I haven't read or acted on within the last year its gone! Loads of old course notes, all of my old course work.....

Still waiting the duck photos. :1b

I have realised this year I DO NOT need to go stationary shopping - although this makes me sad.. :(

I could possibly hold my own sale- I'm pretty sure I have enough supplies to fully equip at least 7 preschools. :blink: :lol: :lol:

• Like 3

I have realised this year I DO NOT need to go stationary shopping - although this makes me sad.. :(

I could possibly hold my own sale- I'm pretty sure I have enough supplies to fully equip at least 7 preschools. :blink: :lol: :lol:

HOWEVER, I do feel you should make the effort to at least look around stationery stores - I am slightly lusting after a notebook, you know the leather bound/moleskin type - it won't disappear from the old brain until I get it - then I shall just look at it for a bit.

• Like 2

I am slightly lusting after a notebook, you know the leather bound/moleskin type - it won't disappear from the old brain until I get it - then I shall just look at it for a bit.

Embarrassingly I have to admit I have those in stock. Only the 'type' though......... in red, pink and black. I also have a nice interesting silver note book. (plus various other random pretty ones).

• Like 3

Embarrassingly I have to admit I have those in stock. Only the 'type' though......... in red, pink and black. I also have a nice interesting silver note book. (plus various other random pretty ones).

Now then Louby loo, what are we going to use these for? Are you going to bullet journal one? I have to admit watching bullet journalling on youtube more than once (this against all I thought of it at the first glance) It intrigues me - can I make it work for me? I like simple things and bullet journalling is not really simple IMO. I think i may buy a couple of cheap mid year diaries from The Works and dedicate them to different areas of my life!!

:

I had a sort out the other day and found 3 empty notebooks, rather sad that I don't actually *need* a woodland themed note book for my Forest School course :(

• Like 1

Now then Louby loo, what are we going to use these for? Are you going to bullet journal one? I have to admit watching bullet journalling on youtube more than once (this against all I thought of it at the first glance) It intrigues me - can I make it work for me? I like simple things and bullet journalling is not really simple IMO. I think i may buy a couple of cheap mid year diaries from The Works and dedicate them to different areas of my life!!

I find it totally fascinating to look at - but they must take up so much time, although some are true works of art.

I'm trying out my own version Mon-Fri only just for the six week holiday. Dated one side for appointments etc - lists for week other side. .......... Obviously I did have to go and buy some washi tape to decorate the pages - which I automatically put away in a nice box as its 'too good to waste'.. until I know exactly what I want to do with it! :o :1b

I could use one of the notebooks and make a work diary instead of buying a pre-made I suppose ?

I had a sort out the other day and found 3 empty notebooks, rather sad that I don't actually *need* a woodland themed note book for my Forest School course :(

Actually I think you really do need that 'Woodland' themed notebook........ :1b :1b :1b

• Like 2

re Washi tape, I have some self inking decorative rollers from Marks and Spencer with really pretty designs on them, I have rolled them over envelopes for birthday cards etc., but they would be great for notebook decorating - and I assume that they really were made for that originally.

• Like 1

I think I need a visit to paperchase, on my own with no influence from children or husband. I NEED woodland themed washi tape AND. Woodland themed note book for my journal. It would be wrong not to indulge.

Also woodland themed pencil case, pens, ruler....

Too much?

Oh isp, do you mean you haven't got a good stock of it? Hie yourself away to Hobbycraft for the morning and do some research!

Maybe we could all have a 'hobbycraft' meet up :lol: :lol: :lol: We could discuss 'stock control issues'

Ours is very conveniently quite near Staples and The Range. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

I think I need a visit to paperchase, on my own with no influence from children or husband. I NEED woodland themed washi tape AND. Woodland themed note book for my journal. It would be wrong not to indulge.

Too much?

You can wrap washi tape around pencils to help with the theme. (We don't have a Papaerchase locally - which with hindsight is probably a blessing)

Congratulations on getting onto Forest School training by the way. :1b :1b :1b

xx

Maybe we could all have a 'hobbycraft' meet up :lol: :lol: :lol: We could discuss 'stock control issues'

Ours is very conveniently quite near Staples and The Range. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Oh I LOVE staples, got myself two 4 colour pens with blue, pink, green and purple. Will be fab for my new TA job.

You can wrap washi tape around pencils to help with the theme. (We don't have a Papaerchase locally - which with hindsight is probably a blessing)

Congratulations on getting onto Forest School training by the way. :1b :1b :1b

xx

Oh yes I so need to do this.

Thanks louby loo, I'm so excited, I already have L1 so I am funding myself to do L3 (all the overtime will be worth it!)

My TDL is up in the air..manager has been off sick since may with just a few days back here and there so I've been kind of leading. We sorted the cupboards when we broke up, removing and destroying everything partly in line with the PLA retention list, partly by whether it was damp and smelt of mouse wee and partly by how worth it was to keep...hundreds of pages of PowerPoint print outs from hundreds of different training days, mostly with no notes plus waiting lists from as far back as 1995!!!! Empty cupboard now

I've got 6 children on the waiting list who need their starting details and registers, name labels printing and that's about it!

• Like 1

Too much?

All sounds essential to me! ::1a

• Like 1

I've got 6 children on the waiting list who need their starting details and registers, name labels printing and that's about it!

What - no SEF update, no Policies to review and update :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure I can think of all sorts to keep you busy! :rolleyes:

• Like 1