Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted tommorrow!

Good luck - a heads up from the inspection responses that I am collecting:

Staff need to (particularly)

• know Safeguarding processes and procedures inside out including what to do if allegation is made / if managers don't take appropriate action
  • know British Values and Prevent Duty and what they 'look like' in the setting
  • know what is being taught and why
  • know how next steps planned will help children progress
  • know key children well
  • demonstrate how they work in partnership with parents
  • remember that joint obs is about the management not about the member of staff being observed - can the manager identify good / weak practice? what are they going to do about it?

Our inspectors said that they are happy for managers to have paperwork with them to refer to during leadership and management meeting

Let us know how you get on (and fill in my questionnaire!)

• Like 2

Thanks Rebecca. I have actually read this. Really useful. Bit of information overload at the moment. There is just so much everywhere - I forget where I have read it.

I know that some groups have laminated the possible questions and write the answers down so that whoever answers the phone has the answers to hand. The sheet is updated as and when and is kept close to the phone.

Edited by lsp
  • Like 1

OMG what a catastrophe. Our inspection was going really well and during a conversation with the Childcare Manager, it transpired that the information from Ofsted to the inspector yesterday when she downloaded her tool kit, was incomplete and didn't include an update we had given them (on 9th March - which I have written acknowledgement of, from them). The inspector telephoned Ofsted and they told her to withdraw from the inspection!! So she has gone! She was very apologetic and admitted that we are totally the innocent party here. Our staff are pretty gutted as they worked very hard to prepare and all came in early this morning. And I am gutted as a similar thing happened to us last year at another setting where Ofsted had made an admin. error and I had to go through a three tier complaints process before they issued an apology and we had to have a re-inspection. Ofsted expect so much from us and are ready to jump on us for the smallest thing but when they make a mistake, we just have to live with it.

• Like 2

Ofsted really DO need to get their act together. Like you say GFCCC, there are no consequences for THEIR mistakes - which appear to be happening thick and fast of late!! They will definately appear in my Red Tape Consultation box!!

Feel for you all - very demoralising.

what will happen about the inspection now? Will they ring again in the near future "out of the blue", or will they give you more notice, will it carry on where it left off? or a different inspector - it just raises question after question.

You must all be so deflated. Normally I suggest a drink or two in celebration it's over, but this time it's a drink to cheer yourselves up!

hope all gets resolved as quickly as possible

• Like 1