Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted tommorrow!

Chocolate Cake would be nice thanks!

The issue was that a change had not been registered with Ofsted (according to them) even though we have an email acknowledging notification. So the inspector had some wrong information in her paperwork. Seems so simple to put things like that right but ofsted are so process driven.

On the plus side, at least we have prior knowledge that we will be inspected very soon!!

• Like 5

Correct - the inspector told me if Ofsted claim not to have received information and the setting cannot prove they have, the setting would get an RI (at best!) That is why I always send everything by email and keep copies of all emails to ofsted - Also, I always ask for acknowledgement and if I haven't had it in three days, I email them again.

• Like 4

Correct - the inspector told me if Ofsted claim not to have received information and the setting cannot prove they have, the setting would get an RI (at best!) That is why I always send everything by email and keep copies of all emails to ofsted - Also, I always ask for acknowledgement and if I haven't had it in three days, I email them again.

That's good advice, thank you for that.

Do you just email the helpline?

I always recommend any calls to Ofsted take note of name of person, date and time then send a summary email containing all the details of conversation and keep all the emails in a file. The updating information or logging calls appears to have major issues at the Ofsted end at the moment :(