Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Email from Ofsted?

I believe this is genuine! Mine dropped into my email box just before Christmas I have completed the questionnaire and returned it and it was returned back as they required a box I had missed completed.

We collect personal info when new committee members are elected. You are right Thumper, it's needed for the Charity Commission. We also ask about any business interests etc. I think we made up a form to fill in so that it was all collected in one go.

Fred bear, do you have dealings with companies house because you have changed your registration to CIO or something rather than old style registered charity?

• Like 1

Hi Isp, sorry for the delay in replying. Have only just seen your query.

We became an incorporated company with charitable status back in 2011 .

This was a condition of a Capital Building Grant received from our LA.

We were already a charity with a committee, so not much different there. However we are now accountable to Companies house and the Charity Commission which can be burdensome at times.

We may well look at other easier options in the near future .

Hope this helps.

By the way sent our form back but haven't had it returned yet so fingers crossed we ticked all the right boxes.

Edited by Fredbear

Thanks Fred bear.

Pooshouse. I have had mine returned because my nominated person does not match with what they have on record. Assuming every setting has a nominated person. Maybe you could phone and ask them to confirm who they have recorded on their records.

Thanks Fred bear.

Pooshouse. I have had mine returned because my nominated person does not match with what they have on record. Assuming every setting has a nominated person. Maybe you could phone and ask them to confirm who they have recorded on their records.

I tried to call ref a query that was sent back on mine - the automated telephone system says if your enquiry is reference the Ofsted Questionnaire then all queries should be emailed in reply to their response - I did that 8 days ago and they've still not responded!

No to be honest I haven't done anything at all! I will just change the name of nominated person to me and send back. I was going to query that I am not a committee member. Wait for it to come back again. Ofsted tennis!!!

Well 'big brother' is watching as i've just logged onto my emails and they've replied!!!!

One query they have with me is 1 committee member DBS still not through and it on the DBS system it says 'pending' and has been since before Christmas, when she queried it with Capita they said it was fine it's just how long it takes sometimes!

My other query is quite a biggie for lots of us I think?! and that is 1 committee member is staff and had a CRB done via Ofsted in the days when they did them; Ofsted say they have no record of her (I do and I have CRB date and number and therefore queried it) anyway Ofsted have replied saying for a committee member an old CRB is NOT enough - a committee member needs a DBS, complete an EY2 and MUST also be signed up to the update service

The other odd thing I'm staff, committee and nominated person with the old style CRB and they've not queried me

This questionnaire has opened a whole bag of worms, I think they're doing it to catch us out!

Edited by thumperrabbit
  • Like 1

Hi well I knew I spoke too soon. Ours has been returned too. It also said to query online any issues regarding the registration form update, but I phoned instead as I had specific questions I wished to ask that I wanted verbal clarification on. It appears from January 2016 I can no longer be named as the nominated person in our committee run group as I am not listed as a director, but the Manager.. Under our memorandum of articles a director can only be on the committee for a total of 6 years so that's no good is it. ( unless I retire in that time). We are most fortunate to have a new committee person/ director whom will hopefully be with us for quite a period of time and she has kindly offered to be the nominated person. She also has a childcare background so that's great for us. Don't know what the group will do in years to come. But hey ho resolved for now. Ofsted did say they will still talk to a manager about registration queries etc.

Apparently it's all to do with a new small enterprise act. :(:(:(

Oooooh spooky! I think that my staff member on committee was committee first then staff. She started by doing a student placement for an nvq when she was one of our parents.

Which is exactly the same as my lady (and me actually) - originally committee then went to study and became staff but remained on committee so in my eyes no break of service, Ofsted CRB clearance so what's the issue? A VERY BIG ONE apparently

I'm just going to get her to get a DBS done - just wondering whether to do mine to save all the heartache should an inspector decide I'm not legal either!

If you get a DBS done as committee though, is it good enough to be staff?

Edited by thumperrabbit