Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Email from Ofsted?

Oh, no, what flippin' changes???

Im not aware of anything in the pipeline on this

No me neither.......I wondering if it's 'genuine' - certainly looks like it is - but have never been contacted in this way before and I don't want to reply until I know others have received the same.........not that I'm thinking about doing so tonight anyway - apparently I have two weeks to reply.......

Dear Registered Person,

There has been a recent change in legislation due to the Small Business Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 which comes into force 1 January 2015. Ofsted is making changes to its systems to meet the requirements of the Act and improve our services. Before this can take place we need to ensure the data we hold about you is accurate and up to date.

The attached document ‘Preparing for changes to childcare registration’ tells you more about the Small Business Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 and Ofsted’s approach to it.

The attached document ‘Registration details form’ must be completed and returned to this email address within the next two weeks. Please read the guidance for this form below before you complete it. If you have queries about any of the details we have requested please use this email address. We will be unable to respond to any queries relating to this email in any other way.

Dependant on your type of organisation, you may have received this form more than once. You will receive this email for each organisation you have registered with Ofsted. You should complete one form for each organisation you have registered and return them individually.

Guidance to complete the ‘Registration details form’

Please complete the form with up to date information. The form contains five sections A-E you may need to scroll down the form to complete them. The questions and headings are on the left of the form, there is space for your responses on the right. If you click on the individual questions or headings, guidance will appear to help you provide the appropriate response. Please read each question’s guidance before responding. Some response boxes require you to select an answer from a dropdown list, others only allow certain information to be entered (e.g. telephone number questions will only allow numbers) or they may require information in a set format which will be specified. In sections D and E you can scroll to the right to continue adding information and exceed the maximum field provided if needed.

In section E you have the opportunity to add a maximum of two ‘additional contacts’ at your individual settings. The additional contact(s) can notify us of changes about the setting that would not require a new certificate, for example a new contact number or email address. You can also give them permission to complete the online self-evaluation form. We recommend that one of the individuals is the manager of the setting. The details we have requested in this section are to enable us to identify this person when they contact us by asking ‘security’ questions based on this information (we will not be carrying out any checks on these individuals; this will remain your responsibility). We will not discuss legal matters about the registration with these individuals are not the registered person. By completing their details in this section you are declaring that Ofsted can contact them on your behalf about general matters and that they have given consent for you to share their personal information with Ofsted on this form for the purposes described.

Thank you for your co-operation in this matter and I look forward to receiving your response.

Kind Regards

Emma Exton

Divisional Manager

Regulatory Support
Ofsted, 6th floor, Piccadilly Gate, Manchester

Email: RegistrationDetails@ofsted.gov.uk

Ofsted on Twitter http://twitter.com/ofstednews

Ofsted on Youtube http://youtube.com/ofstednews

Have you given your views on your child’s school? www.parentview.ofsted.gov.uk

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Ofsted does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else within the Ofsted organisation unless otherwise specifically stated. If you have received this message in error please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail.

Please be aware that Ofsted has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses.

However, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise that you carry out your own virus

checks before opening any attachments you may receive.

Ok it seems quite genuine then. I did see that on ofsted news but assumed it wasn't relevant to me as 1. I'm nota childminder and 2. I don't have multiple registrations and premises. However, reading what you've posted it looks like we are all going to have new style registration, so I guess we'll all get this in due course. Looks like you must be one of the first....hope I'm not!

If it is genuine, its another load of quack, don't you think? - Dont have the time or enthusiasm for filling in more forms!

On the subject of Ofsted - I have received TWO letters in same week advising me Regustration due.- someones leaking money.......

Edited by Rafa

Ok it seems quite genuine then. I did see that on ofsted news but assumed it wasn't relevant to me as 1. I'm nota childminder and 2. I don't have multiple registrations and premises. However, reading what you've posted it looks like we are all going to have new style registration, so I guess we'll all get this in due course. Looks like you must be one of the first....hope I'm not!

I couldn't find it on Ofsted news? :blink:

Someone on another site has said they've contacted ' Gill Jones - deputy director at ofsted' (or something like that) and to be advised it is genuine, well they need to have a chat with the person who made it look fake and as tish501 says they'll ask again

Thanks - that quite a relief.......

Think my plan now is to forward the email to their 'enquiries' dept with some questions for them!

Thanks everyone for your help :1b

• Like 1