Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Email from Ofsted?

Well my committee all go in July so if I cannot be the nominated person not sure who will be then. I had an Ofsted last week and she didnt say I couldnt be. However she did say something, that although I picked up on, just couldnt be bothered to correct or start going into further. She was asking about committee members and said "So, besides yourself & X&Y is there any other committee member, we need to know about" Well I am Manager, have been the nominated person since forever and have never been a committee member. But just couldnt be bothered to correct her about the committee bit

I had a phone call this morning......in the middle of our christmas party..................from Ofsted, asking WHY I hadn't responded to their email. I said I hadn't had one and whilst he was on the phone, I looked at my emails. It wasn't in the settings mailbox, so he said he would re-send it..and quoted my personal email address, which he said it should have been sent to as the nominated person. It wasn't there either, so he sent another whilst i was on the phone...............and he said it MUST be filled in withing 5 days. Happy Christmas!!

OMG...my day off....hour journey to see my Grandson as a king in his Nativity......got there at 10

concert at 10.30....then get a call from Nursery ... Ofsted on the phone...an emergency! where is the

registered person ? need their

mobile....not given....well then please email your registration number and name to us asap !!!!

Which my daughter did from the school before the concert....have heard nothing since and getting worried now since a few of u have had the same today ....

I suppose they may have "contracted" out this work to an outside company as they don't have the staff to do it.

Thought I would "google" the telephone number used by the Ofsted person calling me yesterday.

It derives from Newport. but upon googling it is attributed to a company for Gas Engineers in Newport, so maybe the number has be re-assigned at some point.

Edited by Panders

I have just received it too, but cannot open it on an iPad, any suggestions would be gratefully received. :)

This made me chuckle. I am only 'ipad friendly' I do not 'do' technology unless it just opens at the tap of a finger or a swipe < >

I had to pull out of a dark cupboard, a rather old slow laptop, re-open my gmail account, access email from O then spent far too long downloading, completing, saving or saving as ( I dont know!!! ) and then - a first for me - ATTACHED it and pressed send!!!

had email from O today and surprise surprise they got it!!! Simples!!

Note to O: do NOT do this to me again - pleeaase!!

It sure is Sunnyday lol...i get this in one of those 'file conversion' boxes,at least i tried

ÐÏࡱá>

þÿ [1]„þÿÿÿdÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿýÿÿÿ[1]

þÿÿÿ

I have watched this thread with interest and not posted in the hope of keeping below the radar - no hope there - got a call on Friday asking why I hadn't returned mine - I told them I hadn't received it so they sent it again - my personal email doesn't port it across from the provider's server so it must go into spam - sadly the works email (which Ofsted already has!!) doesn't discriminate quite so rigourously so it arrived yesterday.

Now I just have to fill the blinking thing in.

As Ofsted aleady have all these details it rather smacks to me that they have either lost/corrupted their database!!

Or worse still they are looking to forward the info to HMRC so that they can check out whether we are dodging huge tax bills as we earn sooooooooooo much ;-)

Edited by SueJ
  • Like 1

Just finished mine and returned it - theres a couple of hours I'll never get back, I've got Christmassy things to do still :angry:

I agree they already have all this information as its what you would put on your EY2 & EY3 forms - but as we all know even though we complete them they never update their system!

Perhaps they are updating their info for once?!

It sure is Sunnyday lol...i get this in one of those 'file conversion' boxes,at least i tried

ÐÏࡱá>

þÿ [1]„þÿÿÿdÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿýÿÿÿ[1]

þÿÿÿ

:o :blink: Blimey :lol:

• Like 1

Did you fill in those details about all the CM's ?

Yes all 4 of us - me, plus another staff member, 1 parent & my hubby!

I do have another parent who has started her DBS journey (and what a journey it is!) and sat deliberating whether to put her on the list or not as the 'journey' hasn't ended yet - in the end I decided against it!

• Like 2

I don't know all their dates of birth ...why can't they just check their ey2's if we just put the names.

Did anyone save it, if yes can you tell me in what format to open it again.

I'm sure ofsted know there's no chance of us having time to do this in our working lives, so not only do they ensure we have plenty to keep us busy during the summer holiday they screw up the Christmas one to gggrrrrrr

• Like 3

I received through the post. I have problems opening documents on computer as I have an old version of microsoft office. I didn't even ask them to send me the other format. I did it on word and emailed it to them. I literally had a column with the question number and then typed the information in the second column. Left it to them to decipher! I had an automatic email to confirm receipt.