Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

working my way through my "to do" list

blondie

You are so 'brave' - I couldn't do that - have to get enough done so that I know we are ready for our return.........however I have done the same as I always do and have just done things in 'dribs and drabs' - I get on my own nerves - promised myself I would have the majority finished before the end of July - did I do it - that's a big fat no then!

Is it going to Cornwall with you?.............You could have ' SEF-on-the-beach' ! : )

• Like 3

I'm not updating the SEF..... That's just too much!!

If I up-date the SEF at this time of year, it's purely to change first page, so that there is current numbers of staff etc. and whether we have any children with EAL, or SEN etc. - no meaty stuff!

Have been putting off the TDL for too much of the hols really so will begin to crack on soon - promise

I've made a start, but it's at a snails pace..... Certainly not a hares! Time is looming now though. Ah the lovely holidays.... We spend time thinking about all we have to do, all we are not doing and then what we HAVE to do in our 'holidays' in order to return to functioning settings. Wonder if the MP's summer break are like this?

Edited by MegaMum
  • Like 6

Oh complete cringe..........have been trying to renew my Pre-school Insurance - tried online - wouldn't accept my pre-school card - rang Insurance company and tried over the phone - wouldn't accept my card :blink: ended up using a personal card.......so all now renewed.......

Should have checked my balance before I started all this - recently paid in cheque is yet to clear - so insufficient funds in the account :(

Think that's enough of the old TDL for today! :D

Oh complete cringe..........have been trying to renew my Pre-school Insurance - tried online - wouldn't accept my pre-school card - rang Insurance company and tried over the phone - wouldn't accept my card :blink: ended up using a personal card.......so all now renewed.......

Should have checked my balance before I started all this - recently paid in cheque is yet to clear - so insufficient funds in the account :(

Think that's enough of the old TDL for today! :D

Oh that's stressful - I agree you go and put your feet up now; I think a piece of cake is needed to calm the nerves :1b

• Like 3

Good luck Panders! I had a meeting with my headteacher yesterday and my TDL lost 4 items (action plans which he doesn't want us to write until he's gone through some things on the INSET day) and acquired 2 more! Overall a win I think! The whole thing is down to 62 items with 25 of them to be done before the end of the summer ideally!

I'm finding some of my usual ones tricky as I still have parents who have shown an interest in the nursery but not registered yet, they are due to come in during the first week of term, so all of the usual "lists" aren't worth printing off etc. The register I print off weekly anyway, but may have to be daily for the first week! and I shall still be making up new children's folders etc. that week too - such a pain, but a necessary one.

Just realised that this is the last full week of the holidays for us 'sessional carers'!!! Not ready - TDL still grows <_< :unsure: :wacko: :blink:

:1b I'm not back until 7th September - hence my jaunt to Cornwall next week! :D

Going in to clean rug today - not very optimistic about this, but armed with my 1001 and scrubbing brush! Taking in all my "special buys" - just waiting for Tesco to reduce the price of play sand before stocking up the sand pit.

Very similar for me today - car loaded with 'stuff' - up to setting - cleaning etc - when I have finished today I really don't want to go back until first day of term! :1b

I was as one point doing sooo well on my list but I am flagging somewhat and I have now self-generated the task of wading through some of my policies having looked for updates on the PSLA (I use theirs as a model) and seeing that a good number have been reissued - aarrggg!

Sunnyday - do you think you could bring some improvement to the weather as you wing your way down south on your way to Cornwall - at the moment you could probably sail down on the flood waters as it is tipping down a treat right now. Bit of a rubbish end to the hols weather wise - I was rather hoping to get some quality time down at the beach.

We start back next Thursday with our new starters so will be up at the hall on Wednesday giving it a thorough clean through as it doesn't seem to happen when we aren't in!!

Managed to clean the rug - lots of elbow grease involved - however the owners of the hall have found a leak somewhere at our front door area, which is going through to their downstairs area - the whole of the front of our entrance is in uproar - not easy then to take stuff in via the front door and hike it through the building and up the stairs to our hall - they should be finished they say by the time we start back, if not, we can use the front door! They make it sound sooooo simple! Am now seriously hoping they will be finished in time.

Rug looks good, hope it dries out in time!

Sunnyday - we have put off, and put off going to Devon or Cornwall this hols, we just can't get ourselves organised when the weather has been decent enough - hopefully you will be the good omen for some better weather down there.

mine has now been re-written as a STDL (Still To Do List) ...thought everything child wise apart from last minute printing was up to date and ready to go, but no 3 late entries mean re-visiting registers, key groups, name badges, funding estimate, this list and that list, wondering who's gonna moan the least and cope best when I add more KC to their group arrggggg :unsure:

well done on mat cleaning Panders, I'm still waiting for a break in the weather so it can dry (very thick and heavy).

• Like 1

Sunnyday - do you think you could bring some improvement to the weather as you wing your way down south on your way to Cornwall - at the moment you could probably sail down on the flood waters as it is tipping down a treat right now. Bit of a rubbish end to the hols weather wise - I was rather hoping to get some quality time down at the beach.

:1b Well I will do my best........

Also 'tipping it down a treat' here :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you and Mr. S had a lovely few days away Sunnyday. Good to have you back. TDL roughly completed - although back with the children tomorrow, have been working all this week on "paperwork" - went to buy sand to do the sandpit yesterday from local Tesco none - tried mega Tesco in Essex - none - off to Toysrus now! There are a few items not completed, such as my financial books, but hey that can wait a little longer and others which didn't make it to the list such as "complete pampering session at a local spa", learning to knit again so that I can teach my grand daughter - seems her interest in the Clangers has fuelled this!

• Like 1

Sooooo...........did anyone actually complete their TDL?

I certainly didn't - feeling slightly 'panicky' (is that even a word?) about it today - back to work tomorrow! :o :blink: :D

ive been back for three days!! still loads to do ...but since I didn't make a TDL then I can't feel disappointed in myself :P

• Like 3

Sooooo...........did anyone actually complete their TDL?

I certainly didn't - feeling slightly 'panicky' (is that even a word?) about it today - back to work tomorrow! :o :blink: :D

Anything I can do from a distance?

• Like 2

Anything I can do from a distance?

Yea bung the kettle on we can have a cuppa before carrying on. Got the sand cost more typical! Will need to make play dough, and sort out boot. Thought of 2 more things to add to the setting improvement plan too while I was out!

• Like 2