Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

working my way through my "to do" list

blondie

The TDL is not progressing! I can't make myself sit down and get on with it. Don't know what's been wrong with me today but I've felt so achey and just kept falling asleep and nothing much has been done! Have just about convinced myself to give up, have a bath and go to bed! Hoping tomorrow will be more productive!

Hope you are feeling better today young Froglet?

So will have to get on with the old TDL now - have booked a holiday for the last week of summer hols (yay) so must get everything done before I go! :D

• Like 1

Hope you are feeling better today young Froglet?

So will have to get on with the old TDL now - have booked a holiday for the last week of summer hols (yay) so must get everything done before I go! :D

Hurray for a holiday! Where are you off to? I spent 3 hours in school this morning - scrubbing role play furniture mainly. It lives in a shed and so do lots of other creatures hence the scrubbing before I let children use it. This afternoon I picked up my new (to me) car so have just spent a productive while figuring out how to set the radio stations cos clearly that's a key part of driving! I'm off to visit friends at the end of the week and have decided that the school part of my TDL will be done by then no matter what (and if it isn't I don't care!)

• Like 2

Cornwall - have never been before - very excited - will be visiting the Eden Project will be able to cross that off the 'bucket list' then! :1b

How lovely! I had a brief afternoon in Looe once but other than that have never been either. Enjoy!

• Like 2

Well very pleased with myself as I actually did a chunk of 'TDL' yesterday :1b

Only the nice things like childrens folders, name cards, staff badges etc but it was a start!

I've decided 2 tasks a day and hopefully the essentials will be done

I am NOT going into the setting to clean & tidy sheds and cupboards like I do every year, nobody puts things back where they got them from and I've decided to make a stand and not keep doing it for them - they won't like it :ph34r:

I will however make sure all the admin type areas are sorted and ready to go as those are the ones that really affect me - I just hope this new me keeps it up :P

• Like 4

Well done thumper rabbit. I had a similar day yesterday - lots of folders updated, new children added, removing those who suddenly don't want to come (but that's a different story!),registers, name tags, labels for resources, printing new copies of ECATS, learning stories and eyfs trackers. Basically all those things that the fairies come in and do through the night cos no-one else ever does!!!! Sorry, almost turned into a rant..

• Like 4

Well done thumper rabbit. I had a similar day yesterday - lots of folders updated, new children added, removing those who suddenly don't want to come (but that's a different story!),registers, name tags, labels for resources, printing new copies of ECATS, learning stories and eyfs trackers. Basically all those things that the fairies come in and do through the night cos no-one else ever does!!!! Sorry, almost turned into a rant..

Glad I'm not the only one who has 'no shows' there is always someone who tells you the week before when you've prepared everything for them - there is 1 job that I won't do until the night before we are due to go back and that is to write up my register; I hate having to cross people out it messes the page :P

You did virtually the same as me yesterday :1b

• Like 2

OMG.... Sunnyday, a brave you if you do the zip wire. We went to the Eden Project a couple of weeks ago and there is NO way I could have done that! Looks fab though if you are ok with heights.

:blink: I won't really be doing it MegaMum - just humouring louby loo :D

So I'm fiddling about with Newsletters and Invoices - my hearts not in it......

• 2 weeks later...

So my TDL is progressing really well BUT I'm now at a big stumbling block, UPDATE THE SEF!!!! :blink:

Now, do we think there will be a new one with all the changes that are happening, and therefore it really isn't worth doing yet???

well that's my excuse thoughts :ph34r: :rolleyes: xD

• Like 2

So my TDL is progressing really well BUT I'm now at a big stumbling block, UPDATE THE SEF!!!! :blink:

Now, do we think there will be a new one with all the changes that are happening, and therefore it really isn't worth doing yet???

Also my excuse/very good reason for not worrying about that! :1b

Hmmm - still have a few 'have to do' jobs left as well :blink: not too many though! :1b

• Like 2

Ive just started my To Do List!

I said I was'nt doing one........its amazing how much you suddenly realise 'needs Doing'.......when your only a week away from opening again,! Yikes!!! The SEF is definately not on my panic list.........

• Like 4

Ive just started my To Do List!

I said I was'nt doing one........its amazing how much you suddenly realise 'needs Doing'.......when your only a week away from opening again,! Yikes!!! The SEF is definately not on my panic list.........

You are so 'brave' - I couldn't do that - have to get enough done so that I know we are ready for our return.........however I have done the same as I always do and have just done things in 'dribs and drabs' - I get on my own nerves - promised myself I would have the majority finished before the end of July - did I do it - that's a big fat no then!

• Like 4