Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Our own 'makes'

Cait

On 09/08/2021 at 11:01, Froglet said:

Just finished another pair of socks. These are for my dad. By the way how did the final fondant fancy cake turn out?

307E28CA-BE94-4B8F-B087-6DEE383893FD.jpeg

They are brilliant young Froglet - if/when you get time please would you re-post the links for wool and patterns please - I really do fancy a go at this sock making

56 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

They are brilliant young Froglet - if/when you get time please would you re-post the links for wool and patterns please - I really do fancy a go at this sock making

Of course! Here you go - https://www.winwickmum.co.uk/sockalong I was absolutely not a knitter before I did my first pair - I’d dabbled in the basics when I was little but this was great to follow and it’s so satisfying!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Froglet said:

Of course! Here you go - https://www.winwickmum.co.uk/sockalong I was absolutely not a knitter before I did my first pair - I’d dabbled in the basics when I was little but this was great to follow and it’s so satisfying!

Oh no... I'm going to have to follow that link and have yet another distraction from my TDL 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Oh no... I'm going to have to follow that link and have yet another distraction from my TDL 😁

Socks are a very, very good distraction. My class have loved them too, spotting mine has sparked all sorts of conversations and they now know the difference between crochet and knitting - I think that’s a very important piece of learning!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/08/2021 at 20:38, Froglet said:

Socks are a very, very good distraction. My class have loved them too, spotting mine has sparked all sorts of conversations and they now know the difference between crochet and knitting - I think that’s a very important piece of learning!

I agree!   It’s a great shame that someone back in the mists of time didn’t know the difference between ‘tapestry’ and ‘embroidery’ 🤭😕🙄😁

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zigzag said:

I highly recommend taking a look at the Perry’s woodcraft site BUT be warned it’s slightly addictive! I’m currently painting the advent set for that festive time we are not allowed to mention yet!

I looked! Oh my goodness it’s amazing - not sure my painting skills are up to it but I want most of the site!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Panders said:

🤣  I thought "Perry" was a person Zigzag knew,     what a great website good prices too

🤦‍♀️🤣

I am not looking - I know that I will start thinking hmm I could do that with the littlest grandchildren 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

Loving the socks.💚

Have been Perry 'd here for a while...someone recommended on instagram...am now hooked. Havent seen the hungry caterpillar though 😍😍

20201207_180346.jpg

I have just added these to my (new customer)  basket!  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Here’s today’s delivery ready for painting!  The objects in the bag are nativity figures.  I’ve also got the August Perrybox waiting to be painted and my advent calendar objects! Can we have another six weeks holiday please!

7C521091-578B-4AF9-A2BE-B18434A45D44.jpeg

Please post a photo when you’re done - I’m particularly tempted by the nativity set.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Nooooooo I’ve just signed up to the Perry's creation 🙈 

Sorry about that! Don’t look at the sticker house then! I am so tempted by a vinyl to go on top of our low level storage but am resisting the temptation until we get the fundraising going again!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Sorry about that! Don’t look at the sticker house then! I am so tempted by a vinyl to go on top of our low level storage but am resisting the temptation until we get the fundraising going again!

I did look 🙈 they must be affiliated to Ikea, great stickers for tubs and tops 👍