Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Merry Christmas FSF dudes!

Steve

It has to be about time now chaps! Merry Christmas to you all - hope if this year has been bad to you, that next year is much much better; and that if this year has been good to you, next year is as fair!

No doubt there will be a race at midnight on Christmas Day to be the first to say Happy Christmas (and little doubt that Jacquie will win the race, or at least to be one of the first to respond) but in the meantime, hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

• Like 1

Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas and sending best wishes for a healthy and happy 2013.

My level of excitement is almost a nostaglic feeling of the Christmas excitement I felt as a child! For the first time in over 8 years all my 'boys' and 'other halves' are here for Christmas :D ::1a :D

Just going to put the ham in the slow cooker (trying out a new cloudy apple juice recipe!) and wait for them to arrive this afternon.

• Like 3

Merry Christmas and all the very best for 2013 - hope it brings good luck, good fortune and happiness.

Have just taken Honey Glazed Gammon out of the oven having done the slow cooker in coke overnight - this recipe is new to me so I am hoping that it will be OK :D

Have emptied the freezer for bits I need for lunch and put a note out to remind me to take nibbles out for tomorrow

Am going to peel for England a bit later

It will however all be worth it as lunch all together is my Christmas highlight - Note for Sunnyday - Hope your Ostrich roasting goes OK xD :lol: xD

Love to all xx

• Like 2

Have just taken Honey Glazed Gammon out of the oven having done the slow cooker in coke overnight - this recipe is new to me so I am hoping that it will be OK :D

Love to all xx

That's the one i did last year and it was yummy!

Fancied something different so trying a slow cooker recipe with cloudy apple juice, cider, maple syrup, brown sugar and a load of spices etc. It doesn't go in the oven just takes 8-10 hours on low!

No doubt there will be a race at midnight on Christmas Day to be the first to say Happy Christmas (and little doubt that Jacquie will win the race, or at least to be one of the first to respond) but in the meantime, hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Now there's a challenge! Church is no longer at the bottom of the garden so I'll be later back from the Midnight this year! Anyway you beat me to it last year Steve.

• Like 1

Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas and sending best wishes for a healthy and happy 2013.

My level of excitement is almost a nostaglic feeling of the Christmas excitement I felt as a child! For the first time in over 8 years all my 'boys' and 'other halves' are here for Christmas :D ::1a :D

Just going to put the ham in the slow cooker (trying out a new cloudy apple juice recipe!) and wait for them to arrive this afternon.

As a mum of 3 boys I understand how you feel. We were all together last Sunday, it all happened by chance actually which made it really lovely.

• Like 1

I'm joining in with my Christmas wishes for you all, too.

It will be quiet here, just Mum and the two of us as my two are having quiet days with their partners. As my son is working Panto he will only have tomorrow off so I can't blame him for wanting to spend it in his new abode with his lovely girlfriend - they only moved in about ten days ago!

May all your wishes come true :D

Happy Christmas everyone! :1b

All the best for 2013! :1b

Thank you all for your company, words of advise, all the kind sharing of work and ideas and best of all for the many, many laughs! xD

Note for SueJ - the butcher is a complete star - having told me "no, sorry, can't change your order" - he has!!! Number one son has collected the bird for me this morning and it's not an ostrich - woohoo!!! xD

• Like 4

I would like to add my words of thanks for all the advice, support, friendship and laughs that I have had on here during the last year.

It's no secret that Christmas really is not my favourite time of the year but I wish everyone a great day and more importantly a happy and healthy 2013. Now I am going to have a couple of drinks and try hard to get into the spirit of it all!!!

• Like 4

Well I have spent the day doing the final bits of shopping, peeling, chopping, wrapping, laid the table all ready for the morning....washed the best plates and glasses that were in the back of the cupboard getting dusty and am now snuggled on the sofa in my pjs :D

I hope that all of you lovely forum peoples have the day of your wishes....whatever that might be. It has been wonderful spending time with you all through 2012, sharing ideas and advice and as sunnyday quite rightly says many many laughs.

I look forward to catching up with you all in 2013 and even meeting some of you at the FSF conference maybe :D

Merry Christmas x x

• Like 1

Guest sn0wdr0p

Merry Christmas everyone.

I love the generation gap at Christmas.

Middle son to Grandad "Grandad I got a Kinect for Christmas - do you know what one is?"

Grandad replied "Yes it's one of those games where you put counters down the top of a frame and when you have four in a row you have won"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)