Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Knit and natter

Cait

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/03/2022 at 18:21, sunnyday said:

Me personally - no idea - lots 🤣

The group 103 - excellent effort I think!

That’s really good!  45 stitch squares on 4mm needles? 

On 19/03/2022 at 20:27, Cait said:

That’s really good!  45 stitch squares on 4mm needles? 

Using DK cast on 22 stitches and knit to 4.5 inches on size 4 needles - some of the most talented have used all sorts of fancy stitches - lots of different colours which was why I took it upon myself to edge the squares with white crochet (white because I had loads knocking about) that should bring it altogether and make it easier to join up - well that's the plan!

• Like 1

On 20/03/2022 at 18:34, Cait said:

Oh they’re quite small squares then?  Will look lovely with white between them, that’ll really set them off! Great idea.  

I find it fascinating the difference that different ‘neutral’ colours can make to a project when used for things like borders.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/04/2022 at 03:08, Cait said:

Anyone doing some knitting or crafting over the Easter break? 

For sure!

Will it be crotchet edging more squares, will it be knitting bonding triangles or will it be working on my own crochet blanket, or will it be a mix of all three...

I will also be dog sitting - so not sure how much I will get done 🙃

• Like 1

On 12/04/2022 at 07:21, sunnyday said:

For sure!

Will it be crotchet edging more squares, will it be knitting bonding triangles or will it be working on my own crochet blanket, or will it be a mix of all three...

I will also be dog sitting - so not sure how much I will get done 🙃

Damn - too late to edit - have added an extra 't' there 

• Haha 1

On 12/04/2022 at 09:53, Froglet said:

To be fair I often call it ‘crotcheting’!

I’m working on a new pair of socks with a pattern I’ve not done before. I also have twitchy fingers for some crochet but I’m not sure what!

Ooh that sounds exciting. What’s different about this pattern? 

On 12/04/2022 at 10:50, Cait said:

Ooh that sounds exciting. What’s different about this pattern? 

They’re called ‘Hermione’s everyday socks’ (I liked the name’). They have a pattern in the stitches so it creates a texture.

image.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/04/2022 at 13:06, Froglet said:

They’re called ‘Hermione’s everyday socks’ (I liked the name’). They have a pattern in the stitches so it creates a texture.

image.jpg

That’s fabulous.  Looking really good! 

• Like 1

On 12/04/2022 at 19:44, louby loo said:

Lots of lovely knitting projects going on 😊

Froglet- my granddaughter would love your house!  An elephant to sit on, and a dog to cuddle,  she is totally animal obsessed! 

Ahhh, she’d be very welcome.  There is a sheep, goose, frog and slightly psychotic rabbit (I need to redo the eyes on that one !) too! There may be more dogs soon. I’m thinking of treating myself to a dogs pattern book for Easter - I will be taking requests!

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 1

On 12/04/2022 at 20:11, Froglet said:

Ahhh, she’d be very welcome.  There is a sheep, goose, frog and slightly psychotic rabbit (I need to redo the eyes on that one !) too! There may be more dogs soon. I’m thinking of treating myself to a dogs pattern book for Easter - I will be taking requests!

I'll be first in line!

• Like 1

On 12/04/2022 at 10:50, Cait said:

Cardigan for granddaughter as respite from the crochet throw - which is ALMOST THERE!!  So exciting.  

image.jpg

I do love a hand knitted cardigan / jumper - always  think it shows that love has been knitted in every stitch.

• Like 3

I’d suggest you look at the clothes you have and decide which is the fit you like, and go by that measurement.   Patterns generally say what the finished size will be, as well as the intended size.   

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Would you like to know how many WIPs (Works in Progress) I have on the go? 🤦‍♀️🤣

Still edging squares for the group's blankets - one will be finished quite soon I think (I'm not doing the joining up - phew!) I will be sure to post a photo when it's done, it is so pretty...

Anyway - edging squares, my own crochet blanket, square knitting, hat knitting (adult size for a homeless charity), hat knitting (tiny ones for Age UK campaign) and I'm thinking that I would like to make some 'Trauma Teddies' there was an appeal for those in our area this week they were being included in a shipment of goods for Ukraine so I thought I might make some and be ready for the next appeal...

What is everyone else working on?

The crochet blanket is complete, for all intents and purposes, but I do need to do some sort of pretty border, but I’ve not decided what yet - any thoughts?

Granddaughter’s cable cardigan is coming along well, back and sleeves done and almost left front complete - I’ll show a pic when it’s complete.  I want to get it done before 14th when they’re coming for the weekend. 

oh and a quick edit to add that I’ve got a crochet cushion cover on the go too, with some cotton that I got for the big blanket, but haven’t used.  

Edited by Cait
  • Like 1

On 29/04/2022 at 18:38, Cait said:

The crochet blanket is complete, for all intents and purposes, but I do need to do some sort of pretty border, but I’ve not decided what yet - any thoughts?

Granddaughter’s cable cardigan is coming along well, back and sleeves done and almost left front complete - I’ll show a pic when it’s complete.  I want to get it done before 14th when they’re coming for the weekend. 

oh and a quick edit to add that I’ve got a crochet cushion cover on the go too, with some cotton that I got for the big blanket, but haven’t used.  

You are a woman after my own heart (well we have known that for a long time) - I love having lots of projects on the go at any one time

• Like 1

On 29/04/2022 at 18:38, Cait said:

I like the spot border on the Attic24 blog.

image.jpg

• Like 2