Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Knit and natter

Cait

On 30/04/2023 at 10:24, sunnyday said:

Two lovely 'makes' Cait.

I have nothing to share - back to making squares for 'Knit for Peace' blankets and crochet edging all the squares knitted by the group - shhhh don't tell anyone I am quite happy doing this - it's all lovely, mindless and relaxing 

Knit and Natter group made some great items for our nearest food bank through the winter - hats, hot water bottle covers (we also purchased the bottles) lap blankets, scarves...

That’s really generous.   Our knit and natter made bees for Earth Day and they were scattered around the town, in shop windows and on letterboxes etc.  it was quite fun.  Yarn bombing!    We made neonatal blankets over the winter, and one of the ladies was sewing up long scarves that her aunt had knit in her old age and making them into a blanket to donate to a water boxes for Africa charity, I think she said.  

• Like 2

One of my daughters-in-law is a real keen sewer (oh no a 'sewer' that can't be right?) - hmmm - she loves to sew sounds better 🤣 she makes clothes, bags, beautiful table placemats, table runners and much more...

We have been there for lunch today - she showed me something that she had made for the two little ones - fantastic idea - a sort of 'frame' like an ipad stand with two rows of pockets - not sure that I am explaining this very well...I was completely stumped, had no idea what they were...they were so that the children can put their cards in when playing 'uno' as they can't hold them in their hands - how clever!

Edited by sunnyday
  • Like 3

On 03/05/2023 at 16:53, louby loo said:

Thanks for the link, I think I'll make one for GD x

She used card as she couldn’t source the Pellon in the time she wanted.  She’s very much a ‘do it whilst the inspiration strikes’ kind of girl.  🤣🤭

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh - I am proper excited! 🤣

Our, very lovely Parish Council Clerk makes up (oh crikey - hmmm) seasonal hampers for the village seniors - I asked her if she would like Knit and Natter group to make some lap blankets for the hampers - she thinks this is a great idea and commented that the 'old folk' will be especially pleased if they are made by 'local hands' - will share this news with my little group on Thursday I know they will be enthusiastic (well, they had better be, or I will have some serious blanket making to do 🤣)

• Like 3

Busy sewing gift bags at the moment.  Knitting needles only being used to poke corners.  But I’m using my ‘knitting Nancy’ to make the cords, so technically still knitting 🤣🤭

F55C6BA7-2B2C-4477-8AAD-489EA641249C.jpeg

• Like 2

They are really lovely Cait!

I broke the news to my little group this morning re the lap blankets for our own 'seniors' - phew - they were all really enthusiastic - so that's great! The member that takes on all the 'sewing up' wasn't there today, so lets hope she is keen too - I'm sure she will be...

• Like 2

My son's friend and his partner have just had a baby girl so I am going to knit a few jumpers/ cardigans or similar. Need to find the knitting patterns etc., although I did notice that the Pound shop now sell knitting needles for anyone who needs them. Not a huge selection but cheaper than many shops. xx

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/05/2023 at 15:50, blondie said:

My son's friend and his partner have just had a baby girl so I am going to knit a few jumpers/ cardigans or similar. Need to find the knitting patterns etc., although I did notice that the Pound shop now sell knitting needles for anyone who needs them. Not a huge selection but cheaper than many shops. xx

https://www.lovecrafts.com/en-gb/l/knitting/knitting-patterns/free-knitting-patterns?utm_content=WW&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=230916_LKLUXURY2&utm_source=Loveknitting&omhide=true#?craft=9420&p=7

there are lots of lovely free patterns here!  I’m looking forward to seeing what you make!  

• Like 1

Mr S has a cousin who he likes to fishing with - said cousin called round with his wife this afternoon - she said "oh, what are you knitting" - showed her and she said "let me write down the details, I've got loads of wool, I will make you some squares" - that's what I call a result!

• Like 2

On 13/06/2023 at 16:41, sunnyday said:

Mr S has a cousin who he likes to fishing with - said cousin called round with his wife this afternoon - she said "oh, what are you knitting" - showed her and she said "let me write down the details, I've got loads of wool, I will make you some squares" - that's what I call a result!

That’s fabulous!   Yes, that’s a real result! 

• Like 2

On 20/06/2023 at 22:46, sunnyday said:

Do you save wool for 'Sunday best'? 🤷‍♀️😂

I have a couple of kits that I’ve been given as presents that include alpaca wool yarn I think of them as the posh stuff. Plus I’ve had some skeins of hand-dyed yarn as presents too!

• 1 month later...

A friend called and asked if I would like some wool for Knit and Natter group - she has just dropped off 2 black sacks full of lovely, lovely wool - we will be able to have a 'share out' on Thursday - whoop!

(bit worried that I am getting so excited about wool) 🤦‍♀️😂

• Like 2