Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Knit and natter

Cait

On 01/02/2022 at 12:34, sunnyday said:

Have we worked out what's going on with the leaves - I'm going for 'these are very wise women' 🤣🤣🤣

Yes I think so.   Like Caesar’s laurel 🤣🤣

• Like 1

On 01/02/2022 at 12:33, sunnyday said:

I think that's known as a UFO (Unfinished Object) - I like the wool 😂

I like the way she coloured in her pattern as she went along so she could see where she was! 

• Like 1

I wordle and love it - so much my kind of game plus I like the fact that you can only play once a day so I can’t get sucked into it.

In crafty terms I just finished a granny square scarf in the loveliest yarn all greens and berry pinks and purples.

The I started a new pair of socks, trying out a new yarn which is SO soft.

• Like 1

On 05/02/2022 at 19:21, Cait said:

It’s simple, but looks effective.  It’s long lengths just threaded up and down through the knitting. 

I really feel the need to try that out! I love the effect. ❤️  Please post the rainbow one finished as a think that will look quite stunning.

Have finished my first ever piece of patchwork.  It was interesting, it was educational, in that it is  not that simple and I will need to keep on practicing.  One of my friends said, "I don't see the point in chopping up little pieces of fabric only to sew them back together again"!   At one point that was how I felt I must say.   It's the accuracy needed in cutting that I find tricky and then of course the seam allowances etc when sewing together.  Everything is in silly 8ths of inches etc, I suppose that reflects the American love of it.   I look at it and am highly critical, as I am with anything I do.    But you only learn from doing, so I shall make my notes and have another go!

• Like 2

On 12/02/2022 at 14:10, Panders said:

Have finished my first ever piece of patchwork.  It was interesting, it was educational, in that it is  not that simple and I will need to keep on practicing.  One of my friends said, "I don't see the point in chopping up little pieces of fabric only to sew them back together again"!   At one point that was how I felt I must say.   It's the accuracy needed in cutting that I find tricky and then of course the seam allowances etc when sewing together.  Everything is in silly 8ths of inches etc, I suppose that reflects the American love of it.   I look at it and am highly critical, as I am with anything I do.    But you only learn from doing, so I shall make my notes and have another go!

It's great that you have tried it - sewing just defeats me...

Oh Loubyloo - I'm not sure what to practice first, just making triangles to size maybe, but then it's the accuracy of stitching it for quilting - I think I'd rather not quilt frankly.    But the binding tape - which I thought would be easy was tricky because the guide I was following said two pieces of batting, so it was quite thick and the binding tape was just about wide enough but not generous, at that point I had a bit of a downer.

I'm glad it's done - I would never have left it half done or whatever.   The perfectionist in me (that 10 percent) would like to be a bit more masterful.   I do have plenty of fabrics, so I'll just keep practicing I guess.

• Like 1