Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

September opening

anju

one of my ex employees, now working as a teaching assistant text me today to say they they were - and they were going into the homes, not just the garden, they were social distancing though!     I truly thought that this would be one of the very last activities the schools would re-adopt.    I value its importance, but gosh - at this moment in time I'm shocked.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Panders said:

one of my ex employees, now working as a teaching assistant text me today to say they they were - and they were going into the homes, not just the garden, they were social distancing though!     I truly thought that this would be one of the very last activities the schools would re-adopt.    I value its importance, but gosh - at this moment in time I'm shocked.

👎 that's crazy

• Like 2

Had my first back to work anxiety dream last night! It was very strange, I was running around looking for a measuring stick so I could chalk 2 metre circles in the playground and whilst doing this the children and parents filled the pre-school! There were no toys or activities out and children and parents wandering around inside crying!  Goodness knows what my subconscious is thinking. I am not intending to chalk anything on the playground, the room is set up beautifully and parents will not be coming inside!  I am not even back until Monday, wonder what tonight’s dream will bring!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Panders said:

well unless the TA and the teacher are in the same family this isn't allowed is it? surely that would be mixing too many families in an indoor environment?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, zigzag said:

Had my first back to work anxiety dream last night! It was very strange, I was running around looking for a measuring stick so I could chalk 2 metre circles in the playground and whilst doing this the children and parents filled the pre-school! There were no toys or activities out and children and parents wandering around inside crying!  Goodness knows what my subconscious is thinking. I am not intending to chalk anything on the playground, the room is set up beautifully and parents will not be coming inside!  I am not even back until Monday, wonder what tonight’s dream will bring!

Oh you poor thing - it's horrible isn't - sending a virtual hug x 

I haven't had anymore since the ones that I shared on the Friday thread <touch wood> so hopefully you won't either

We (staff team) have been in this and will do again tomorrow morning - this was the first time that I have seen my deputy in six months - crazy business!

• Like 1

On 02/09/2020 at 14:26, finleysmaid said:

Still needs to be read , digested, written in to action plans and potentially put on your website...as well as possibly telling youir landlord...bit late when most of us are opening in the next 24 /48 hours i thought.....sorry rant over ...not based at you only the governement! 

I guess having been open since June 1st, I'm a bit jaded with the whole thing.  We are doing everything the guidance tells us, or how we interpret it.

• Like 1

If anyone has any top tips for how to get parents to actually read the 'bumph' that we send - do please share with me.....

If I get one more email asking me questions that I have covered a million times I really won't be responsible for my reaction! 🤦‍♀️

Have just sent a final 'update/recap' - it is very short, they don't even have to open an attachment - don't want to hear from them again now! 🤣

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

If anyone has any top tips for how to get parents to actually read the 'bumph' that we send - do please share with me.....

If I get one more email asking me questions that I have covered a million times I really won't be responsible for my reaction! 🤦‍♀️

Have just sent a final 'update/recap' - it is very short, they don't even have to open an attachment - don't want to hear from them again now! 🤣

Oh my goodness, I could have written this post! I was moaning to my Mum about exactly this just this morning.  I am quite patient but nearly lost the plot with a couple of the questions. It’s all in the blooming letter and then drip fed to you through messenger and then just in case it’s on Tapestry as well!🤪

• Sad 1

we have decided not to do anything with lunches this term (we usually plate up etc etc) they will provide them in a hard plastic washable lunch box.....i've had 2 moaning at me today about the new rules . Neither returned last term and im wondering if this is the issue....that they think everything should be back to normal!!?? sorry guys we still have a pandemic!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zigzag said:

Oh my goodness, I could have written this post! I was moaning to my Mum about exactly this just this morning.  I am quite patient but nearly lost the plot with a couple of the questions. It’s all in the blooming letter and then drip fed to you through messenger and then just in case it’s on Tapestry as well!🤪

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

And me, it’s driving me nuts, like we don’t have enough to do 😠 I now reply with ‘as newsletter please bring whatever’ or ‘i’ve re-attached the information sent last week’ , I even know they’ve seen it as they are asked to add ‘read’ 🤷‍♀️

2 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

we have decided not to do anything with lunches this term (we usually plate up etc etc) they will provide them in a hard plastic washable lunch box.....i've had 2 moaning at me today about the new rules . Neither returned last term and im wondering if this is the issue....that they think everything should be back to normal!!?? sorry guys we still have a pandemic!

As ever, you have made me feel much better!

Someone used the phrase 'post covid' this morning - I couldn't let that go - we are not post anything we are still in the middle 🤦‍♀️

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

i've had 2 moaning at me today about the new rules . Neither returned last term and im wondering if this is the issue..

I think you could be right about that, the ones who returned in June are really appreciative and supportive of the things we have in place having experienced it first hand where as a few of those that didn’t seem to think they will return and everything will be as it was when they finished, oblivious to the amount of planning and work that is being put in to make it possible for their children to come back and be as safe as we can possibly make it 😞

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, sunnyday said:

as much as I hate doing it, I recorded a video of our procedures for returning, I have found that most of our parents respond to a short video rather than reading anything, I posted all the supporting documents and then the video on our private face book parents group and on tapestry, because it was linked to you tube,  set up so that I could see how many actually watched the video not just looked at the post on FB and I can happily say that it was accessed by all our parents and it has worked really really well. we were still inundated with questions for the 2 days before we opened but happily all our parents were onboard  with our new procedures  . Roll on next week when we start meeting the 36 new starters!!!!! phew its going to be manic lol

• Like 2

15 hours ago, sunnyday said:

As ever, you have made me feel much better!

Someone used the phrase 'post covid' this morning - I couldn't let that go - we are not post anything we are still in the middle 🤦‍♀️

At the moment we haven't had one question from parents and we reopen on Monday.   Not sure what's more worrying. 😳

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 year old granddaughter visited yesterday, she has had one day in school, Friday,   I thought she had a bit of a croaky voice yesterday.......... This morning mum phoned, she has a temperature and sore throat.     They are all off for a test today - an hour away, nothing closer - surely that has to change for the future if that system is to be well established.

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, Stargrower said:

We have accepted children with runny noses as long as they have no other symptoms and are well in themselves.  I think if we turned runny noses away, we'd be almost empty over the winter!  It's a tough decision to make though.

its the same with us, open last Thursday, already got parents messaging to ask if they can come in with runny noses! have advised to keep and eye on any other symptoms and temperatures. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Panders said:

5 year old granddaughter visited yesterday, she has had one day in school, Friday,   I thought she had a bit of a croaky voice yesterday.......... This morning mum phoned, she has a temperature and sore throat.     They are all off for a test today - an hour away, nothing closer - surely that has to change for the future if that system is to be well established.

Fingers crossed that all is okay - please keep us updated x

It’s going to be really tricky for the next few months!  My problem is that we always have some parents who arrive saying” they are poorly and I told them they shouldn’t come, but they wanted to” This drives me insane and makes me want to take a zero tolerance of any illness attitude. But I know this would cause uproar and to be fair not only would we be missing the kids half the time but staff as well. Colds just seem to go round and round!  Not looking forward to being faced with this Dilema.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zigzag said:

BUT on a really positive note, we have had a fabulously happy day.  All returners so happy to come back and it was like they had never been away and new children settled quickly.

Yes we have  had a good day too.

No new starters this week just our returners. One screamed for 15min (I did try and point out that screaming was against covid policy -due to air flying around- but this didn't wash 🤣). To be fair he only started after the Feb half term and hadn't really settled before we closed. We also had our 'loud moaner' that has been moaning loudly since last Nov when she started 😭😭  Both were laughing and playing by the end though.

We found the cleaning a bit hard going ... more working out how and what to do really.  Already tweaking a few ideas to improve/make easier.

Parents good- but didn't really get the concept of bring a change of clothes bag and leaving it. One little girl had a couple of dummies (never seen her use one!) small tin of Vaseline, a lipsil.............and a TAMPON!!!!!!  Guess she raided mums bag then 🤣

• Haha 5