Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

September opening

anju

We have been open since 1st June and were so exhausted by the cleaning, the amount of time it takes, having to close an hour early to manage it, the drudgery of it all every day, that I bought a fogging machine!  It's a bit of a monster but it does an AMAZING job!  You fill the tank with disinfectant and water, plug in and switch on.  It blasts out a very fine "fog" of disinfectant that settles everywhere.  It is doesn't make things wet (unless you use it at very close range) and is saving us masses of time.  It was quite an investment at £240 but I thought as we're going to be doing this for months, if not years, it was well worth it.  They sell much cheaper ones on Amazon which might be good if you're a smaller sessional setting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Stargrower said:

You fill the tank with disinfectant and water, plug in and switch on.  It blasts out a very fine "fog" of disinfectant that settles everywhere.

Do you turn it on and leave and it will turn itself off on a timer or when it’s run out of fog? 

I’m concerned how the cleaning will work, it was fine before as we weren’t opening everyday so no one minded staying a bit later and no one had to rush off to collect their own chn from school.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

Do you turn it on and leave and it will turn itself off on a timer or when it’s run out of fog? 

No you walk round with it.  Our Pre-school Room is a large room and it took about three minutes to cover the room, aiming it at shelves, water tray etc from a distance.  Our Toddler Room which is less than half the size took a couple of minutes.  (Baby Room not in use at the moment)  It is quite strange and you have to trust it's doing its job as you're not physically cleaning anything.  With large objects, you would have to fog one side, then turn it over and do the other side to cover it in disinfectant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

Best Wishes to any of you starting back tomorrow

Yes.  Good luck everyone, and well done to all those that have remained open all summer :) 

We're in  from Wednesday to get the hall ready, Children back next Monday. I'm actually looking forward to it now :) 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

Woohoo new guidelines out ...or maybe this is an old one rewritten as a new one to redo an.old one that we all ignored cos the new one came out before the old one did😩😫😩😫

we open tomorrow, my plan was to spend the day relaxing lol so far I have spent hours answering questions from parents despite recording a 10 min video on how we are going to proceed lol I don't think I have the emotional energy to read any more guidance lol hopefully lovely members here will let me know if anything is new, pretty close to the wire though! lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stargrower said:

New guidance is only on reporting cases.

Still needs to be read , digested, written in to action plans and potentially put on your website...as well as possibly telling youir landlord...bit late when most of us are opening in the next 24 /48 hours i thought.....sorry rant over ...not based at you only the governement! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, anju said:

I haven’t seen it and didn’t even know until I saw the posts on here. Apart from anything else, surely they should actively send it to early years settings? Ofsted have all our details 🙄

I just had it from EYA in an email, it tells you what steps to take if more than one confirmed case....it doesn’t mention one case though, presume it’s any one in bubble or whole setting if no bubbles isolate for 14 days 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

Still needs to be read , digested, written in to action plans and potentially put on your website...as well as possibly telling youir landlord...bit late when most of us are opening in the next 24 /48 hours i thought.....sorry rant over ...not based at you only the governement! 

🤣Go fm!

Nothing more than I expected really (not of you, of the Government)

My last complete day of freedom today - I have in mind a line from Kris Kristofferson's 'Me and Bobby Mcgee' - quote 'freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose' - after six months I think I have had enough 'freedom' for now!

Staff in tomorrow and Friday, children on Monday - yay!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, anju said:

I haven’t seen it and didn’t even know until I saw the posts on here. Apart from anything else, surely they should actively send it to early years settings? Ofsted have all our details 🙄

Have you seen it now anju - I can't link on this device - but I can fire up the lap-top if you need me to?

• Like 1