Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

September opening

anju

Our first day was not quite so successful - one returner not at all happy, she settled in the end, one newbie came in so happily but had a complete meltdown when it was time to visit the loo and wash hands for snack - turns out that she is terrified of air hand dryers (we don't have any!) had to call mum back, she managed after a lot of screaming (child not mum!)to take her in and show her that it was all safe (bit frustrated that we didn't have this important bit of info relayed to us beforehand) 

We have had to re-locate within our building - so we are now 'pack-away' - this is not cool, we have been so spoilt for the past 26 years!

'Things can only get better'!

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Our first day was not quite so successful - one returner not at all happy, she settled in the end, one newbie came in so happily but had a complete meltdown when it was time to visit the loo and wash hands for snack - turns out that she is terrified of air hand dryers (we don't have any!) had to call mum back, she managed after a lot of screaming (child not mum!)to take her in and show her that it was all safe (bit frustrated that we didn't have this important bit of info relayed to us beforehand) 

We have had to re-locate within our building - so we are now 'pack-away' - this is not cool, we have been so spoilt for the past 26 years!

'Things can only get better'!

OMG poor you - all sounds very stressful! 

We had lots of crying for the first hour and even that was draining, but we are in our own space at least. Hope things improve for you.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, zigzag said:

It’s going to be really tricky for the next few months!  My problem is that we always have some parents who arrive saying” they are poorly and I told them they shouldn’t come, but they wanted to” This drives me insane and makes me want to take a zero tolerance of any illness attitude. But I know this would cause uproar and to be fair not only would we be missing the kids half the time but staff as well. Colds just seem to go round and round!  Not looking forward to being faced with this Dilema.

That does my head in too; I always think ‘who’s the adult here?!’ 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, anju said:

That does my head in too; I always think ‘who’s the adult here?!’ 

Yes, and you ask the child how they feel once the parent has gone- and they burst out crying saying  saying .... I want my mummy/daddy 😬

Edited by louby loo
  • Sad 1

well ...i decided to let the NHS take the lead and asked the parent to ring them and ask...still awaiting a response, had another one too !!! just found it really tricky to make a decision but it's day one and if we say yes and then they are ill we are closed for 2 weeks when we are trying to sort out new children ! 

the rest of the children (returners) have been FAB! i am so pleased they sailed in no issues. 2 are behaving well but doing that sort of holding on to their emotions thing....hopefully will be more comfortable tomorrow. I have spent half of my day however putting up new shelving units to put resources on that we have removed from the classroom!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

well ...i decided to let the NHS take the lead and asked the parent to ring them and ask...still awaiting a response, had another one too !!! just found it really tricky to make a decision but it's day one and if we say yes and then they are ill we are closed for 2 weeks when we are trying to sort out new children ! 

the rest of the children (returners) have been FAB! i am so pleased they sailed in no issues. 2 are behaving well but doing that sort of holding on to their emotions thing....hopefully will be more comfortable tomorrow. I have spent half of my day however putting up new shelving units to put resources on that we have removed from the classroom!

Keep us updated please fm

Back to the dreams - I had one last night about returning to work. I arrived and found owner already there, she said to me

"Look at this - it looks amazing doesn't it?"

I looked and the whole room was filled with fluffiness - cushions, chairs, seats everywhere was covered with fluff and fur !!

NIghtmare !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🤣

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Can certainly tell what everyone's anxieties are about 😀.    Try for a better night's sleep tonight all.

Popped in to say the family have had their test done.    Bit traumatic with eldest granddaughter.    Complete runaround with the siting of the testing facility - told it was in one place but it hadn't been able to set up because the car park was already in use🤪.   So they had over an hour's drive to the first venue, then another half an hour to the next.      Don't think people will put up with this if it continues to be so haphazard.    A little more efficiency is required somehow.  They now await results which may take up to 48 hours.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Ok so if this is any use.....nhs was rung..runny nose with no other symptoms they will not test. They have been inundated with similar calls (i wonder why!!!!!l) child 1 will be back today....child 2 still awaiting further info. 3 schools in the borough have had issues!!! With positive tests. Arrgggjhhhh

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Panders said:

Tests came back negative for my lot.     I assume they just need to show a text message they have received to confirm to school

Yay 😊

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

Schools have access to tests. However for some reason we are deemed not suitable! 🤔

Just get back to 'playing with children all day", and stop trying to get ideas above your station !!🤣🤣

• Haha 5