Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Change of role at FSF

Dear FSF friends!
I’m very sorry to tell you all that I will be leaving my role at The Foundation Stage Forum in June. As many of you know, as well as working as the Forum Content Editor and Education Advisor I own and manage my own large nursery. Additionally, I now find myself with elderly parents, one of whom is suffering with Dementia and needs constant care. Having regular hours at FSF is proving too much for me to manage and so I am stepping down. Steve and Helen, who are old (not that old) friends as well as my employers, have agreed that I will remain with FSF as a consultant (type of thing) from time to time sharing my knowledge and experience as a nursery owner, Ofsted inspector and general early years ‘bod’. So, you will certainly still be seeing me around as I will be writing articles, collaborating with the development of Tapestry going forward, delivering training and also continuing to represent the FSF at the APPG Childcare and Early Education in Westminster (which I am very passionate about!). I will also have a forum presence as myself – with views being my own, rather than the views of FSF. I will be leaving you in the very capable hands of my FSF colleagues. xx

• Like 1

Rebecca, we will be sorry to see you go in your ‘official’ capacity but I hope that we see you lots unofficially. You have been such a constant source of information, pointers and advice and even though I don’t technically work in early years at the moment I benefit so much from the things you say. Take care and remember in all your busyness to look after yourself too.

• Like 1

I will miss your advice and the information you so generously share Rebecca.  As a nursery owner myself, I have often taken your advice.   It sounds like something's "got to give" though so I wish you well for the future and look forward to seeing you about on the forum.  

• Like 1

That's can't have been as easy decision, but as you say, something has to go, or you'll be meeting yourself coming back!  

Youve been incredibly supportive and helpful over the years and even though I'm no longer in childcare, I enjoy reading your articles and responses and I thank you for all of your great advice.   

I hope all goes well at home and you're able to find time to log in here and continue your help and advice. 

• Like 1

I cannot tell you how many people I have spoken to recently who would empathise with your situation. There are lots of old codgers on here who will keep an eye on things for you and maybe if things settle down we'll benefit from your sage advice once more. Thinking of you xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)