Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding for 2019-2020

finleysmaid

Sorry to jump on post and slightly off topic... are there set dates when funding payments are received?

(Working on our draft budget with the treasurer. Have a meeting with our manager next week who does all the funding, but just thought I'd ask here too)

We're committee led.

21 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

Got your details yet....proposed rise for us of (don't hold your breath)………...2p per hour per child! first rise for 2 years. (not confirmed!)

Anyone else know theirs?

try not to spend it all at once Fm.  I don't know why they bother.   Is there one nursery/pre-school in the land that has ever increased their hourly rate to a parent by 2p?

Edited by Panders

45 minutes ago, Panders said:

try not to spend it all at once Fm.  I don't know why they bother.   Is there one nursery/pre-school in the land that has ever increased their hourly rate to a parent by 2p?

Well we don't get to find out until after we've signed the contract... how many other businesses would sign this type of contract? >:(

• Sad 2

It's awful and I'm pretty sure other service providers don't stand for it.  Despite our Local Authority being quite helpful, and the funding not diabolical, I was rather put out recently to find that the non-funded week (hope it's not just us who get funding 38 weeks out of 39) is not at the end of the school  year as it was the past few years, but at the end of this term.  So if the family leaves before the end of the school year I've lost that week's funding when I could have had an extra week's holiday in July. 

• Confused 2

We are only open for 38 wks (went back a bit later after Xmas) though one week of this terms funding gets claimed with next terms funding, which is ok but the Children due to start after Easter who are funded or funded chn increasing hours should really be invited to do those hours for the week before the holiday or they will miss a week of their Summer terms funding or claim a week less for them I suppose ....so complicated  :-/ 

PS not heard anything about funding yet, presuming it will stay the same.

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

We are only open for 38 wks (went back a bit later after Xmas) though one week of this terms funding gets claimed with next terms funding, which is ok but the Children due to start after Easter who are funded or funded chn increasing hours should really be invited to do those hours for the week before the holiday or they will miss a week of their Summer terms funding or claim a week less for them I suppose ....so complicated  :-/ 

PS not heard anything about funding yet, presuming it will stay the same.

We've offered the Easter starters to start that week we may be actually settling from a week or so after we go back after half term so they will get their hours. I've explained the issue to the new parents and they are happy with that. As the LA- they seem to make their own 'business rules'... then so am I. We're told to think outside the box, so that's my answer! :ph34r:

We are only open the 38 weeks,  I'm not bothered by what the schools do, and I'm certainly not going to offer a free week just to keep parents/LA happy! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, louby loo said:

We are only open the 38 weeks,  I'm not bothered by what the schools do, and I'm certainly not going to offer a free week just to keep parents/LA happy! 

Totally agree, we only open 38, no way would we offer a free week.! Hard enough offering the 38 we are funded for!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if yòu remember company called Carrilion who took on govt contracts. Wonder how similar their contracts were?  Perhaps we should be more business like in our approach and not care about the mess we would leave behind if our model didnt work. This is what makes our "industry" so super special. We do care and will go so many extra miled to make sure it does.

Lets be proud of what we achieve on an extra 2p per hour!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

do you get paid by the lea for your insets then? we only get 190 which covers the 38 weeks only

No we only get paid for 38 - but the staff work school term time which is 39 - obviously this means we are paying them for the 39 out of the same funding but it works out better than sending them on training during the 38 weeks and paying for cover, and it means they can train together as a team.

Just now, GFCCCC said:

No we only get paid for 38 - but the staff work school term time which is 39 - obviously this means we are paying them for the 39 out of the same funding but it works out better than sending them on training during the 38 weeks and paying for cover, and it means they can train together as a team.

Forgot to add - even if they only worked 38, I would still close for 5 inset days - schools still take inset days in term time and staff do have to be trained. Our LA are more than fine with us including inset days in the 38 weeks. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)