Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snow Plan

10 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Our teachers have to report to their nearest school if they can't get to the school here........

What a great idea ! We should do it with other settings, I have staff living closer to other settings and I know we have other settings staff in our village, could have a contingency plan of who goes where in the event of snow, would be great for building relationships with other settings too ....but it’s too late now i’ve sorted the policy ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Has snowed on and off for most of the day here - there was a short lived blizzard at around 12 noon - nothing much on the ground..............yet!

Same here.  I just wish it would do one or the other and done with.

Very cold in our hall today - even my husband said so, so it must be cold!  I haven't been in but he collected the mobile ready for morning if needed. He said we must be living in a micro climate as our front drive was the warmest place he'd been all day. :oxDxD

• Haha 1

We have lots of snow but my fabulous staff have all made it in and we are open.  All the local schools closed as is the nearest other daycare!  We'll have a lovely morning out in the garden then come in to warm up with spag bol for lunch :).

Beautiful dog walk this morning.  My two year old Goldendoodle had never experienced snow and had a ball.  It has made her naughty though.  She comes to work with me and has spent the day so far stealing wellies :D

• Like 5

We had quite  a lot of snow yesterday and a bit of a blizzard. But it disappeared so quickly. Had to leave nurserybuilding to go stand alone shed /fridge to get milk leaving footprints. In the minute it took me to walk back all footprints were covered.

My weather app told me to expect snow at 7.36 this morning  but still no snow!!

Hubby says years ago met office used to pay locals all over world to watch and report weather conditons so forecasting was  quite accurate. However They have "restructured" and no longer have the weather watchers which is why it is back to simple prediction.

So the wait and see approach is best.  ❄❄❄⛄⛄

2 hours ago, Stargrower said:

We have lots of snow but my fabulous staff have all made it in and we are open.  All the local schools closed as is the nearest other daycare!  We'll have a lovely morning out in the garden then come in to warm up with spag bol for lunch :).

Beautiful dog walk this morning.  My two year old Goldendoodle had never experienced snow and had a ball.  It has made her naughty though.  She comes to work with me and has spent the day so far stealing wellies :D

Well done Stargrower and team - you are real troupers - have a wonderful day!:)

(just for a second you made me feel a bit guilty - but only for a second - I soon came to my senses xD)

I live on the edge of a village green and whilst I have been watching the snow fall (it's mesmerising) I have conducted some important research re doggies - lots of intrepid dog walkers out - so I have come to the conclusion that the labs and border collies are loving the snow - haven't seen any spaniels - did see one poor little terrier his/her tummy was dragging in the snow and he/she looked thoroughly fed up, poor little thing........ 

• Like 1

Bright blue sky and brilliant sunshine here, cold but not as raw as yesterday.   Sunnyday you made me think of my lovely old dog  (a spaniel) the last time we had snow (8 years ago) we went sledding and he just loved it and had the best morning.  At the end of the morning he had snow balls hanging off his chest!  Bless him🐶💔

• Like 1

We've had a half day, mainly due to the extreme cold in our scout hut  which is on the edge of playing fields and open farmland. The threat of snow did help make the decision. The hall was COLD!!!!.....  so cold that children didn't even bother trying to  play in the toilets like they usually do!:D   Parents seemed happy with the compromise of half day.

According to the weather maps, we are 2miles from orange alert- and I have to say as I drove home it was strange seeing sun shine and green - then in the near distance total whiteout!

• Like 2

Just now, Panders said:

not many children in, but we made it.  had a great morning, still unsure about Thursday and Friday scaremongering on weather t.v  to blame

Ah - I have been thinking about you today!

I am meant to be training on Thursday - have booked cover for that - but if the forecast is to be believed that won't be happening............

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

xD Have just read that when paramedics get a call out to rescue 'ladies of a certain age' who have fallen in the snow they use the code 'Nan Down' - that really made me laugh, but hope to never be 'nan down' xD

That really made me laugh !

• Like 1

On 26/02/2018 at 16:12, sunnyday said:

Our teachers have to report to their nearest school if they can't get to the school here........

Our manager mentioned this when I spoke to her. Not sure it's the case here as nearly all local primarys closed but we stayed open (although I know alot of parents including myself didn't bother going in)

20 minutes ago, zigzag said:

About 10 snowflakes yesterday afternoon, think that is all the beast from the east is going to give us! 🤨🤨. Tell me about your snow and let me live vicariously through you!

Think it's coming your way tomorrow Zigzag !

Dusting of snow yesterday in Somerset.. we so seldom get snow.. but it is very cold.. (No longer have the issue open or not etc, but roads are so icy and buses stopped where I go to do the Toy Library - opted out today! ) We have some snow on the beach today and the sea has been frozen on the beach for 3 days now.. 

28422993_10215734383333441_4297545639178672641_o.jpg

28238731_10156309672016995_8080032119426419529_o.jpg

• Like 5