Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tis the season!!!!

SueFinanceManager

Dear all

I find myself in a very strange position.....It is only the 13th December but I am going to break all the rules and use the 'C' word......yes Christmas!

I have been so impressed with your behaviour and the restraint with which you have conducted yourselves I am going to lift the 'C' word embargo 11 days early.

Please feel free talk all things festive and may I again congratulate you on your exemplary behaviour, please all award yourselves a gold star with tinsel and mince pies etc etc :D

Sue x

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sue said:

Dear all

I find myself in a very strange position.....It is only the 13th December but I am going to break all the rules and use the 'C' word......yes Christmas!

I have been so impressed with your behaviour and the restraint with which you have conducted yourselves I am going to lift the 'C' word embargo 11 days early.

Please feel free talk all things festive and may I again congratulate you on your exemplary behaviour, please all award yourselves a gold star with tinsel and mince pies etc etc :D

Sue x

It's only because you want to wear your Santa outfit to work xx :$

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

Christmas Christmas Christmas 

........... but then again I am the person that like to watch Christmas films from Mid November onwards :)

Nope, love those movies. watch them as soon as they are shown.. 

But today we took down our Decs at the Toy library- we cannot face it on 0ur return in January and today was the last day we were open - very busy with the returns before Christmas and a lot of donations as the cupboards were emptied for the new toys xD

• Like 2

Nothing more refreshing than a G&T, ice and lemon, bliss .  I was tempted by gin& tonic marshmallows the other day on Pinterest.

will now be concentrating efforts on the family festivities -. Not cooking for the first time in about 35 years - this is a big deal!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Panders said:

Nothing more refreshing than a G&T, ice and lemon, bliss .  I was tempted by gin& tonic marshmallows the other day on Pinterest.

will now be concentrating efforts on the family festivities -. Not cooking for the first time in about 35 years - this is a big deal!

I'm not cooking Christmas day either - whoop, whoopxD

12 hours ago, zigzag said:

We finished today and not a day to soon!!  Still got a few stocking fillers to get, when do teenagers stop wanting stockings??.  I know many of you will still not have broken up, but have a relaxing holiday when you do. ?

mine are 23 and 20 and still get stockings so I am not in a position to answer that question :P

• Haha 1

On 17/12/2017 at 08:42, sunnyday said:

WHAT..........where's mine:oxD

In the New Year? Apparently they were very nice, essentially a lemon cake with a splash of gin and then a gin, tonic and lemon drizzle. 

I have 3 more days to go except that I got sent home yesterday lunchtime for being poorly. Was instructed not to come back until Friday. So, currently drifting in and out of sleep while curled up on the sofa! Trying not to stress because the house is a mess, Christmas is so not ready but I really don’t have the energy. Think I’ll have to do school Christmas presents in the new year. :(

• Sad 1

Just now, Sue said:

oh poor you, I hope you feel better soon....get those lemsips out and snuggly blankets and eat clementines for Vitamin C and rest!!!!

Currently under my Christmas patchwork quilt, one clementine down already. Working on remembering to breathe! Thanks for the good wishes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

In the New Year? Apparently they were very nice, essentially a lemon cake with a splash of gin and then a gin, tonic and lemon drizzle. 

I have 3 more days to go except that I got sent home yesterday lunchtime for being poorly. Was instructed not to come back until Friday. So, currently drifting in and out of sleep while curled up on the sofa! Trying not to stress because the house is a mess, Christmas is so not ready but I really don’t have the energy. Think I’ll have to do school Christmas presents in the new year. :(

:o Oh no young froglet - get well soon x

• Like 1

'tis the season - 'tis also madness out there - Mr S and I decided to visit one of those 'out of town' shopping places - I like to go into Home Bargains and save loads of pennies and then go into M & S Food Hall and blow all of the pennies I have just saved :ph34r:xD - goodness we waited ages to even get into the car park - not my idea of fun............very pleased to say that I have a Sainsbury online delivery secured for 23rd December - I will not be shopping in person again this year!:)

Right, must get going now on sorting the house, wrapping presents and hand delivering cards around the village........

• Like 4