Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tis the season!!!!

SueFinanceManager

well I'm just worn out reading your post!   I was in our town yesterday and fair to say there was a certain madness in the air.  Have had lunch with one of my dearest friends today in our usual haunt - lovely country   pub half way between where each of us live - obviously madness in there too with "Christmas lunches" - mainly men (grey haired)   one very long table adjacent to ours and then two others of about 6/8 people dotted around, my friend and I found ourselves the only 2 women out of all in the dining room!  Could barely hear ourselves talk.:o:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Cait said:

I love home bargains!   Don't have one round here, but has one in jolly Cumbria - only place you could buy Tizer! 

We always have this conversation before we go in....

Mr S "do we need a small trolley or a big one"

Me "oh just a small one"

Halfway round the conversation goes like this......

Mr S "hmmm this trolley's not really big enough is it"

Me "I told you we needed a big one":ph34r:xD

• Haha 3

I have had a lovely day - my house has been full of family all day - none of whom were invited :D but just lovely to see them all - including my sister and brother-in-law, he has Parkinsons and it's so sad to see him decline, but he loves my eldest son and he just happened to be here at the same time and he (BIL) just bounces off him, so good to see him laughing and joking:)

Hmmm - so much for wrapping and card delivering tat I had planned - but hey it was much more fun!

• Like 4

Ah - he had just come from his Speech Therapy..........he is very pro-active, he attends all sorts of groups and is even involved in research at Kings College Hospital - he knows that this research is unlikely to help him but hopes that it will help future sufferers.......

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Cait said:

Does he have 'sticky feet'?  My dad had that - the top half of his body would set off walking but his feet stayed stuck.  If we played Glen Miller he could move easily though.   

Yes he does, really is a horrible illness:(

On a more positive note - I have finally delivered all my cards:) still wrapping though:D

• Like 1

On 12/20/2017 at 10:39, Froglet said:

Currently under my Christmas patchwork quilt, one clementine down already. Working on remembering to breathe! Thanks for the good wishes.

How are you feeling today Froglet, any improvement?   Sending lemsips and hot toddies by the way

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, zigzag said:

My uncle has just been diagnosed with this.  He had to wait six months for final diagnosis but has now started on some medication and following advice regarding exercise etc.  I have to admit I know nothing about this disease. 

I'm sorry to hear that zigzag - there is a lot of help out there I hope that he gets signposted to some of it......

It does seem to affect sufferers in different ways, thankfully my dear brother-in-law is still able to hold a good conversation, it does not seem to have altered his ability in this regard at all, but his mobility and his voice have really suffered:(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panders said:

How are you feeling today Froglet, any improvement?   Sending lemsips and hot toddies by the way

I went back into school today for party day.  I survived - am wiped out but would have hated to not see the children on their last day.  Am breathing again though which is a very good thing.  All done - have left lots of work at school and resolved to do just the bare minimum in the next two weeks!

Zigzag - really sorry to hear your news, thoughts are with you.

15 hours ago, Cait said:

Does he have 'sticky feet'?  My dad had that - the top half of his body would set off walking but his feet stayed stuck.  If we played Glen Miller he could move easily though.   

this made me smile an enduring memory of my lovely granny who could only get through the door of her bedroom if she skipped over the threshold! fortunately we were able to laugh about it usually ! She had parkinsons for 15 years and fortunately it never stopped her talking:P.....however playing scrabble with her was very frustrating as she used to spend an age having a go ....come to think about it this was nothing to do with the ParkinsonsxD

• Like 2

Mr S has made a huge bird table for his elderly mum - it is a thing of beauty!

He has taken it to her this morning, along with our eldest son - she has just rung to say "it's the best present I have ever had, I can't stop looking at it":)

He is very, very, very chuffed with himself!:D

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Froglet said:

I went back into school today for party day.  I survived - am wiped out but would have hated to not see the children on their last day.  Am breathing again though which is a very good thing.  All done - have left lots of work at school and resolved to do just the bare minimum in the next two weeks

Froglet, I'm pleased you are being sensible - sounds as if you have had some nasty virus and now need rest and recuperation

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Panders said:

Froglet, I'm pleased you are being sensible - sounds as if you have had some nasty virus and now need rest and recuperation

I think so.  It has also been a very emotional term - lots of safeguarding issues which we have done all that we can about but I've never had quite such an onslaught before and I've not been able to separate myself from them.  Plus lots of challenges in my governor role too.  Two days off did give me one of those 'need to re-think the way I do things' moments which I will do once Christmas itself is over.  I need to find some joy in fun stuff again!!!

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

I think so.  It has also been a very emotional term - lots of safeguarding issues which we have done all that we can about but I've never had quite such an onslaught before and I've not been able to separate myself from them.  Plus lots of challenges in my governor role too.  Two days off did give me one of those 'need to re-think the way I do things' moments which I will do once Christmas itself is over.  I need to find some joy in fun stuff again!!!

Onwards and upwards young froglet x

• Like 1

We are waiting for our two youngest grandchildren to be 'delivered' to us - mummy and daddy need some time to prep for tomorrow!:)

Late afternoon/early evening a few festive drinks at the pub with family and friends - should be fun - no drinks for me as I will be driving......might have to sneak in a small G & T when we are home!:D

• Like 1

Struggling on with a strained back. Went to stay with mum and dad last weekend. Unfortuntely dad fell out of his medicare bed - he has chronic pulmonary fibrosis- in the middle of the night and I stupidly tried to lift him back in. He is incredibly thin but as a dead weight, trying to lift him made something strain either side of my lower back. We had to leave him on the floor and wait 3 hours for a paramedic to come and lift him back in. He was fine but I'm really suffering now. Been told it might be several weeks before it improves and to keep moving. Glad we're closed for Christmas and hope for improvement before we go back. We all know how much bending and lifting we all do everyday.

Happy Christmas everyone.

Had a busy 2 days of Christmas enjoyed every moment. Now chilling. Have avoided any conversation linked to work.  Hubby keeps wanting to talk bout  possible new building to house  our after school which is growing but I keep changing subject ?. Just want clear head.

The sun is shining and I am  just enjoying.

Happy Christmas to you all and a big thank you for keeping me going through a very tricky term.

Xx

• Like 1

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 13:39, playgroup1 said:

Struggling on with a strained back. Went to stay with mum and dad last weekend. Unfortuntely dad fell out of his medicare bed - he has chronic pulmonary fibrosis- in the middle of the night and I stupidly tried to lift him back in. He is incredibly thin but as a dead weight, trying to lift him made something strain either side of my lower back. We had to leave him on the floor and wait 3 hours for a paramedic to come and lift him back in. He was fine but I'm really suffering now. Been told it might be several weeks before it improves and to keep moving. Glad we're closed for Christmas and hope for improvement before we go back. We all know how much bending and lifting we all do everyday.

Happy Christmas everyone.

So sorry to read this playgroup1 - hope your back is getting better now x

• 2 weeks later...