Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Forum Update

Lauren

Hi everyone,

You might have noticed a banner at the top of the Foundation Stage Forum telling you about some downtime on Sunday night. Well, we have some exciting news! Over the last year or so, one of the things our developers have been busy working on is a fairly substantial update to the site and now we're ready to release it!

When it comes to the content and functionality of the forum, everything is staying pretty much the same; all the helpful articles, resources, and discussions will still be there, it will just be quicker and easier to navigate, and it will look more modern and generally sleeker!

So, just so you don't log in on Monday and find that suddenly everything looks different, we thought we'd give you a sneak peak at some of the main screens.

This is the new homepage.

2017-10-20_08-46-09.png

This is the new forum index - you will just get here by clicking on 'Forum' at the top of the page, rather than hovering over it and going to 'Forum Index'.

2017-10-19_16-18-502.png

And here is the new 'FSF Articles' page. This has been renamed to 'Articles' but you can still access it by clicking on the word 'Articles' at the top of the page.

2017-10-19_16-24-563.png

Hopefully it'll all look pretty familiar to you - just a bit more polished!

One thing that is a bit different is the fact that you now have a range of ways to navigate the site.

You will always have the top bar options (1), but when you're in the 'Forum' section you will also have some further tab options (2)

2017-10-19_16-46-271.pngand on the other pages you'll have icons.

2017-10-19_16-48-051.png

If you're looking for Tapestry related forum areas and tutorials you can click on the drop down option at the top of the page, as you would have done before. You can also click on the Tapestry symbol which appears on some of the banners.

2017-10-19_16-49-44.png

Another fairly noticeable improvement is how responsive it is. This essentially means that the site will adapt to the size of the screen on the device you're using to view it, but still look good and be easy to use. Those of you currently using the forum on tablets or phones should find it especially useful! The screenshots so far in this post have been taken on a full size computer screen, but this is what it would look like on a tablet...

2017-10-19_17-01-08.png

and on a phone...

2017-10-19_17-02-02.png

We hope you enjoy exploring the new site! If you have any feedback please get in touch! Just send an email to customer.service@eyfs.info and we'll get back to you as soon as we can :).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hope all goes well - looking forward to logging back in tomorrow to visit the 'jazzy' new format :1b

Lets hope I can find my way around :o ::1a

See, even such a simple task like 'logging back in' causes me major stress............ I can never remember my password :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, as you can tell, the forum is now upgraded.

You might see the odd missing image in a post, the odd broken link, bits of weird [tag]code[/tag] or the odd missing :emoticon:. Never fear. There are tasks chugging away to fix all these, and within a few days the posts should be all back to normal.

We've got a bit of tidying up to do tomorrow, but let us know what you think!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, thumperrabbit said:

I'm in too, feels very weird .... looks good .... but weird .... hhmmmmmmm I struggle with change :D

...and me .... I know you said 'polished' Lauren but WOW ! ...... I'll just sit quietly in the corner until my eyes adjust to the brightness before exploring B|

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hellooo!

Here we are! **waving** I'm going to start  a new thread where we can share any issues, problems, questions ... no problem too small (including "what's my password?") . Keep asking the questions, I'm here all day to hold your hand :D

On 21/10/2017 at 3:38 PM, louby loo said:

:o:o:o

I just get the 'new posts' page when I log on, will I still be able to do this with the new ?

At least it's half term so plenty of time to explore. (I'm not good with change! xDxDxD )

Yes - go to the forum page and look for the tab that is called 'Activity', you will find everything sorted into new things, things you haven't read, things you are following etc. Give me a shout if you need any help :)

6 hours ago, sunnyday said:

louby........where are you.........

Well I knew it................... I forgot my password !!!!!!     However obviously that is now sorted :D

Sites looking strange but good - but I will get over the change fine, just need a couple of hours 9_9.

I did worry about all the missing images ect, but thought that was my old lappy  (really, really need to get a new one.. HOWEVER as I may have said before I don't like change!)

54 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Well I knew it................... I forgot my password !!!!!!     However obviously that is now sorted :D

Sites looking strange but good - but I will get over the change fine, just need a couple of hours 9_9.

I did worry about all the missing images ect, but thought that was my old lappy  (really, really need to get a new one.. HOWEVER as I may have said before I don't like change!)

No, don't worry - we know about the photos - the Developers are busily rummaging about even as we speak :)

26 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Just wanted to say I think it's lovely.  A little unfamiliar but very shiny and clean looking.  I like it!  Thank you to everyone for all the 'behind the screens' work and for keeping this lovely place going.

Aww, thank you Froglet. It's been a long time coming and a lot of work by the whole team - we're very pleased with it!

1 minute ago, LKeyteach said:

Oh How lovely.

I have been exploring for the last day or so (been away would you believe) but I think your words of shiny and new are exactly what has happened.

Thank you to all you of you involved, you have done a great job.

Thank you for saying this I will pass on your message - the team have worked really hard!

There will be ... phase 2 ... very soon. We wanted to get the Forums and content up and running and then they will be joined by the blogs, chat, gallery and a few other bits that are currently missing (I have them in a large bag under my desk) :D

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)