Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A message from Upsy Daisy

Sue R

Hello all, hope you are all good - it seems like ages since I've been in here!

Yesterday I received a message from our friend Upsy Daisy, that she has asked me to pass on to you all, which I do with pleasure :

"Dear fellow FSFers,

My local authority, in its infinite wisdom, has chosen not to renew its subscription this year. I tried to log in today but it seems that our time is up.

I will really miss life in EYFSF land. I have still been logging in to check for updates most days and enjoyed being able to comment on threads where I felt I had something useful to share. However I’m in a new role now, on the very fringes of early years provision and I only deal with the adults in settings.

I’ll miss all of you lovely, lovely people and I will especially miss hearing about all of the wonderful children. Thank you for all the fun and support over the years and I wish you all the best.

Alison Upsy Daisy xxxxx "

I will pass on any comments you may wish to make if you would like me to.

Can I just wish you all a very heartfelt (if early) Merry Christmas. I still miss the buzz building up to that special time - even though this will be my FIFTH away from early years!

Sue xx

• Like 2

:(:(:(:(:( I cant bear it when one of our number we have known so long "leaves", all very understandable, but such a loss for us all without your great advice and support. Wishing you well Upsy and your lovely famliy, hope your youngest is coping well with the move to her new school.

• Like 4

I log in daily to see what is going on in the early years world but rarely actually post anything. I really value this site but my local authority, Oxfordshire, dropped out years ago and I pay my own subscription so that I can keep up to date. It is really sad but I have noticed that fewer and fewer of the original members are now posting on this site. It is a bit like pre-schools closing down too. My own, not actually my own but I felt it was mine, closed down last year and left me bereft. I still work in another pre-school but it is also struggling. I just want other children to have what I wanted for mine, learning through play with lots of parental involvement, but the world is sadly changing. Good luck Upsy.

• Like 3

Sen advice will never be the same without a post from Upsy Daisy! it's a real shame

I'm no longer working in Early Years (actually not working at all but that's another issue :P ) but I can't let go of FSF yet!

Exactly what I was going to say. Her SEN advice was always so indepth and from all angles.

And I'm only connected to EY through being Chair, which is the slightest anmount I can get away with!

Enjoy whatever it is you're doing Upsy Daisy : )

• Like 1

Ermmmm.... I'm back! :o

I promise I did not do this just to get everyone to say all those lovely things <blushes>

Thank you so much to Sue for agreeing to post my message for me.

I have been invited back and I am very happy to accept.

I'm over the moon that I won't be getting that sad "You're not allowed on here any more" message I was getting every time I forgot and clicked on the link.

You are stuck with me for good now I'm afraid :P

I'm now sitting in front of my log burner waiting for my two girls to arrive home for the weekend (one from university and one from residential school) and being back in the FSF fold has just put the icing on my cake ::1a

• Like 21

Hey, this is great! I was collecting messages to send to you - in fact I just popped in to see if there were any more before i messaged them to you.

So good to see you back - and as always that fantastic FSF team have come up with something amazing - well done!

Sue xx

• Like 1