Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

"Snot station" appropriate?

Hi, I've set up a little station with a mirror, box of tissues and a bin, where children can go to wipe their nose and see what's going on - promote a little independence. I want a catchy name for it but I have "snot station" stuck in my brain and can't get past it!!! Do you think this is ok? Or can anyone think of another name?

Thanks

Well I was in the 'blow & go' camp, not so sure now though thumperrabbit :/

Boggie booth ?

We teach them to flush it, but thinking about it that's probably a terrible waste of water so may have to adopt something like this, maybe a swing top bin in toilet called a "boggie bin" :D

We have had one for over a year now it's simple but effective ours is just a bright coloured box I made with mirror, tissues, hand sanitiser and visual prompt card showing the stages. Everyone comments on it when they visit, seeing a child's independence grow in this area is fantastic (especially when you reduce how much you get covered in it lol)

Ours is simply called 'nose wiping station' I love some of the above names !!!! blow and go..... Think I would crease with laughter everytime I told a child to go to the blow and go ?

There a lovely story called 'Blow your nose Mr Wolf' it's similar to the story of the three pigs. It explains that he huffs and puffs because he needs a tissue. It's might be a nice link and the children could help name the station, pretend to be wolf etc.

• Like 3

Yes. The others in the set are also brilliant. I brought them at the Works 3 for £5 with a few other books.

' keep running Gingerbread man'- excerise

'Eat your greens Goldilocks'- healthy eating

'Give us a smile Cinderella'-cleaning your teeth.

'

• Like 1

Yes. The others in the set are also brilliant. I brought them at the Works 3 for £5 with a few other books.

' keep running Gingerbread man'- excerise

'Eat your greens Goldilocks'- healthy eating

'Give us a smile Cinderella'-cleaning your teeth.

'

Hi and welcome to the forum. Love the sound of those books, will have to look out for them.

does it need a 'label'

we always had a box of tissues and bin in our setting, always in the same spot.. they quickly learnt where to find it and all we did if needed was prompt them to please use a tissue, which they mostly followed through with.. there was always some who don't 'get it' and needed more support.

In fact we had 2 locations..

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)