Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

sorry - have to tell someone .........

hali

apologise in advance ...............................................

my daughter has just got into uni for midwifery - want to tell the world how hard a process it was - thousands of applicants she got 4 straight 'no's from unis - then the 5th - her one and only interview did it. Am so so so so proud (and never want to go through the stress of uni applications again)

:D ::1a :D ::1a :D ::1a :D ::1a :D ::1a :D ::1a :D ::1a :D ::1a :D ::1a :D

.................sorry had to tell someone :ph34r:

• Like 18

Congratulations to her, I've been there, my son tried unsuccessfully to get onto a physiotherapy course after 5 tries and the trauma of rejection (something as a straight A's student he'd never experienced before), he picked himself up, chose another course and went to the subject leader at his uni of choice in person and got straight onto the course. It was the hardest thing to watch him go through the process and having to accept that 'he wasn't good enough' (his words). 8 months later, he is enjoying his uni experience and is back to my confident, face to the world baby boy. Still can't wait to have him home for the summer though

Edited by max321

Congratulations to your daughter and please don't apologise :) Its lovely :)

My eldest was accepted by 2 Unis unconditionally, he had it very easy, just drifted in. My youngest ended up changing his choice of course because the one he wanted to do was only at Leeds and Sheffield (where his friends were going to) but he didnt get in. He eventually went to Huddersfield. However bad this part is I'd rather this than waiting to fins out if they've got into the primary school like most of our parents have just been doing.

I'll bet your daughters really excited :)

• Like 1

Many congratulatulations to you both ..... We concentrate so much on negatives so it's wonderful to hear good news and good news should be shared ;-) x

Yes we do! Congratulations so nice to hear something positive, what a great career ahead of her.

Well done to your daughter Hali, yes it is stressful, especially when they have been successful up until that point, shook our youngest to bits when he couldn't go to the uni of his first choice, however, he picked himself up and whilst he didn't "rate" the uni he is with at first, now realises the course is just right for him and he will begin in 3rd year in September.

• Like 1

Such lovely news Hali and how fab to be able to post a "proud mummy" posting. Given your daughter's persistence she is obviously demonstrating all the right characteristics for the job already. Hope she enjoys her studies and non-study student days during her uni experience. :1b

• Like 1

That's lovely, and i agree that no apologies are necessary....................times are tough, it's good to hear nice news, whoever it's from! My eldest grandaughter starts Uni this year too, she had offers from all five that she applied to and has chosen Plymouth ( she wants to be a Marine Biologist, has done since she was about 6 and has never wavered from her course in life). So, good luck to them all, we need positive vibes in the world :)

• Like 1

Congratulations Hali - you must be so proud of her and yes, I agree with others - enjoy being a proud mum! You deserve it!!!

It is so hard for our children my son always wanted to do dentistry, he got accepted but just missed out on the grade he needed, however he did another degree applied to do dentistry as a graduate and got accepted. When he graduated as a dentist he came top of the whole graduating year. I was so proud not just because of the result but because of his sheer determination. So hali you have every right to be proud and congratulations to you daughter xx

• 2 weeks later...

Fab news and thankyou for sharing it with us, my friend and neighbour is a senior midwife , my other friend embarked on this career at 40 and is also in a senior position , a wonderful profession sadly dealing with new life and death but such a worthy profession, wishing your daughter success in her journey ahead x

• Like 1

Thank you she has just found out that she is just one of just 22 places for this years cohort. Shes already ordered her shoes and watch fob and of course wishing the summer away lol

FABULOUS NEWS! Congratulations to Louise and your family; here's <holds up cyber wine> to many more 'cloud 9' moments for her in the future :D