Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Easter 'to do' list

sunnyday

cor you can really go off people! :ph34r:

Me too! I have cooked a proper meal (with vegetables and everything and no toast in sight) for what feels like the first time in weeks! I've caught up on dishes and consequently discovered that I really do have a worktop in my kitchen. Have done lots of laundry, made some chocolate chip cookies, read, dozed and spent an inordinate amount of time in my pjs. Am somewhat burying my head about the schoolwork I have to do! I also need to prepare for an interview in the second week of the holidays.

Thumper rabbit I know where you're coming from but hang in there you can do it!

• Like 1

:D feeling despondent all this work you're doing - I sat at the desk had to move a mammoth pile of paperwork to do so, took a huge big deep breath and then came on here instead xD I'm never going to get there :(

Oh you will :1b I was simply quite determined to get on with it so that I can say 'that's done and time for me now' - I spend too much time just fiddling about and manage to be finishing the night before we go back to work...........

• Like 1

Me too! I have cooked a proper meal (with vegetables and everything and no toast in sight) for what feels like the first time in weeks! I've caught up on dishes and consequently discovered that I really do have a worktop in my kitchen. Have done lots of laundry, made some chocolate chip cookies, read, dozed and spent an inordinate amount of time in my pjs. Am somewhat burying my head about the schoolwork I have to do! I also need to prepare for an interview in the second week of the holidays.

Thumper rabbit I know where you're coming from but hang in there you can do it!

But you are doing brilliantly - real food, baking, laundry - all very, very good!

Oh and good luck with the interview!

• Like 1

:D feeling despondent all this work you're doing - I sat at the desk had to move a mammoth pile of paperwork to do so, took a huge big deep breath and then came on here instead xD I'm never going to get there :(

Hey Thumperrabbit, I'm mid pile at the moment - I am a procrastinator extradinaire - each thing I do takes ages because I stop and think that's enough! But the best thing is the feeling when it's done - I'm putting one pile in front of another and just ploughing on ! Can't see any light at the end of the tunnel just yet, but I know it's there waiting for me. You'll get there too just believe!

• Like 3

I'm still jealous - I'd actually love an Easter to do list.

I've done one week of jury service and have to report in tomorrow again! Everyone told me I'd have loads of time and be board - it was just my luck I got on a case the first morning and I've been in everyday full time last week.

For the first time ever my sef and policies sound so interesting!

I'm still jealous - I'd actually love an Easter to do list.

I've done one week of jury service and have to report in tomorrow again! Everyone told me I'd have loads of time and be board - it was just my luck I got on a case the first morning and I've been in everyday full time last week.

For the first time ever my sef and policies sound so interesting!

I can only send you a hug........

Thank you - will admit I cried when I knew I had to go back this week for another case.

I'm just praying I get a nice case this week (if there is such a thing!). Last weeks was interesting .

I'm just clinging in there knowing that I'm off to see dancing on ice next weekend. X

• Like 1

Smug alert (and waiting for a fall xDxD )

Completed power washing all garden paving slabs and patio - sooo therapeutic

Spray painted old metal patio table and have new chairs to go with it to enjoy the sunshine B)

Demolished (well mainly my lovely Dad demolished) old pre-school Wendy House and tidied pre-school allotment (wll mainly my lovely Mum tidied)

Organised for old Wendy House clearance and booked in new Wendy House fitting for Wednesday - so children will have lovely new, not leaking and sooo much bigger play space. Sooo exciting.

Planning for next half term, newsletter, housekeeping notes (polite euphamism for my nag list) and allotment news all typed up ready to be uploaded to website for new term (once they have been checked by my lovely deputies).

Payroll year end and P60s done and trialling new Payroll manager software (thanks Cait for the heads up on this one - so much cheaper than Sage)

Still to do:

Put bookeeping together (must buy lovely long treasury tags to tie up all papers - obviously a trip to Staples required for this) for accountant

Needs Analysis self assessment for pilot we are doing - hopefully this will be evidence of self assessment even if SEF is not completely up to date ;)

Couple of letters for work begging for donations so that we can afford to do Living Eggs this year

Enjoy cup of tea in spruced up garden whilst sitting at spruced up patio table in nice new chair xD

Make time for catch up with friends

Enjoy daughter's and dad's birthdays which this year both fall in the Easter weekend

Give careful thought (procrastinate) as to whether I should engage in an indoor cleaning frenzy (after all it's just moving dust around for the sake of it) :rolleyes:

Renew my acquaintance with my Dyson and hoover the floor

Reading all these to do lists it makes you wonder how you fit in having a day job xDxD

My sympathies Helenee about your jury service - I remember last summer (when it was lovely and hot and sunny) being stuck in a court room - my hubby had told me to take a book to while away the time xD - I was in court every blasted day for three weeks :blink:

• Like 2

Wow Sue - impressive progress from you! :D

I have emailed place offers to prospective new entrants - watched the OP trial coverage for a ridiculous amount of time :blink: then sorted out my wood shed - I do like a well ordered wood store :D have moved coal bunker (it's empty!) and have had a scheduled tea break - now I'm going to get the jet washer out - woohoo - play time! xDxDxD

• Like 1

I have only spent a little bit of time asleep today. I've updated all my phonics assessments (they've actually learned something - always a relief!) and done the subsequent phonics planning. I've planned collective worship for the first week back and started my English medium term plan. I have successfully avoided doing anything about the interview at all - I am so not sure if I want this job. I have arranged to meet a friend and walk her little dog tomorrow and she's a great listener so will talk it through with her then.

Had an extra task added to my 'to do' list today. The local leisure centre has closed their stay and play sessions and donated their van loads of toys to my pre-school!

Spent the day collecting them and sorting them- so exciting! Can't wait for the children to see their new toys! :1b

• Like 4

Had an extra task added to my 'to do' list today. The local leisure centre has closed their stay and play sessions and donated their van loads of toys to my pre-school!

Spent the day collecting them and sorting them- so exciting! Can't wait for the children to see their new toys! :1b

shame about the leisure centre's actvity though, but glad they have been sensible enough to give their resources to you.