Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Easter 'to do' list

sunnyday

Day off today (hollow laugh) - attacked my garden - if it hasn't moved quick enough it's been power washed, have cleared paths and even been to the tip with all the **** from my toils (unfortunately you can't take the SEF to the tip xD ).

Tomorrow I shall resume my role as navvy and with the help of my lovely mum and dad demolish the children's Wendy House at work ready for the sparkly new one which is arriving on Wednesday - sooo exciting.

Obviously I have no time whatsoever to consider paperwork so it has sunk to the bottom of my to do list - Shame :rolleyes:

• Like 2

You lot are wearing me out! I don't break up until tomorrow and am shattered just reading what you've been up to! I'm not sure I have enough energy to get through tomorrow let alone the holiday. I am currently nibbling some mocha pecan fudge I made to give a sugar boost to get through the last few days. Yes Sunnyday there is some left - when are you coming round?

Guest youngrisers

started my planning and then sitting in front of screen mind blank thinking what are we going to do . Realised we have covered so much need new inspiration and ideas any out there connected with farms, outdoors and seed growing did think planting, growing crops, farm visits but want a new twist to same routine planning. and link to literacy. :blink: :blink:

Guest youngrisers

SEF updated but then thought have I sold the preschool enough how do you know if you are doing everything on it..

Reality check so back to SEf and reread all comments . Now waiting for the time they waltz in and check it.

Guest sn0wdr0p

How about making butter from cream. Get some whipping cream put it in a jam jar and get the kids to shake it vigourously (I ended up doing a lot of the shaking) for about 10-15 minutes. We made bread with the children as well and they buttered it with the home made butter. Our out of school children did a comparison with bread buttered with Flora and couldn't tell which was which. We also pretended to milk a cow with milk in rubber gloves but only with our pre-schoolers as a practice at home with my boys ended up with lots of giggles and rude comments.

You lot are wearing me out! I don't break up until tomorrow and am shattered just reading what you've been up to! I'm not sure I have enough energy to get through tomorrow let alone the holiday. I am currently nibbling some mocha pecan fudge I made to give a sugar boost to get through the last few days. Yes Sunnyday there is some left - when are you coming round?

.......on my way....... xD

How about making butter from cream. Get some whipping cream put it in a jam jar and get the kids to shake it vigourously (I ended up doing a lot of the shaking) for about 10-15 minutes. We made bread with the children as well and they buttered it with the home made butter. Our out of school children did a comparison with bread buttered with Flora and couldn't tell which was which. We also pretended to milk a cow with milk in rubber gloves but only with our pre-schoolers as a practice at home with my boys ended up with lots of giggles and rude comments.

Love the idea of pretending to milk the cow, think we may have to try tnat!!

• Like 1

started my planning and then sitting in front of screen mind blank thinking what are we going to do . Realised we have covered so much need new inspiration and ideas any out there connected with farms, outdoors and seed growing did think planting, growing crops, farm visits but want a new twist to same routine planning. and link to literacy. :blink: :blink:

We are going to be 'planting' runner beans in 'jam jars' - I have been growing one on my kitchen windowsill - just to check that I remembered how to do it - yay - I do - they grow in no time at all, children will be able to see changes very quickly :1b

.......on my way....... xD

Kettle's on! Please excuse the chaotic end of term mess. Will leave the door unlocked as I'm curled up on the floor in front of the fire. No snoring - I was once told that I merely snuffle in a ladylike manner! ;-)

Kettle's on! Please excuse the chaotic end of term mess. Will leave the door unlocked as I'm curled up on the floor in front of the fire. No snoring - I was once told that I merely snuffle in a ladylike manner! ;-)

OK - I'll be very quiet........

If you really want to see chaotic mess you should take a look at my desk - was all tidy at the weekend - not sure how I manage it! :blink: :D

• Like 1

I am currently at the point of no return having begun the office spring clean - no going back now as the quite says "I may be gone for some time"

Wishing you luck my little black and why furry friend.........er - how long will you be gone - when will I need to start thinking about rustling up a search party?????

OK - I'll be very quiet........

If you really want to see chaotic mess you should take a look at my desk - was all tidy at the weekend - not sure how I manage it! :blink: :D

Bet mine's worse! Trust me on this - I'd post photos but I'm too embarrassed!

• Like 2

Guest sn0wdr0p

We have sheared sheep before as well. Ok not really but we use shaving foam on balloons then use a car ice scraper to shear them. Great fun. Hatching chicks after Easter as well. Really looking forward to that. Sadly they all hatched overnight last time so the children missed it - I was there all night though. Very stressful as one struggled to hatch and I had to use a pair of tweezers to help. They did smell a bit last time when they were in the brooder. How about making a scarecrow for the vegetable patch? We also partnered up with our local co-op and they raised funds for the children to go to one of their farms. The children went out in the fields then made pizza with some of the fresh veggies.

Well my Easter holiday list is to have some rest.

Do some gardening with my dad, also plant some potatoes.

Science gcse revision to start. And to print out the rest of the handout for the 3 remaining lessons.

I'm thinking maybe, just maybe if I share my list it might concentrate my mind on the matters to be dealt with......

So.......my to do list - looks like this:

Update SEF (I am going to do this honest!) - check!

Type up Staff meeting minutes - check! (I love adding things that I have completed!) - check

LJ reviews + next step planning for my Key Children - check

Update PRAMS for all - check

Prepare Invoices for fee payers - watching out for Bank Hols - check

Write, type, print newsletter - check

Make new register - check

Work on 'places' list for September - ah, right - well I've started........

Buy resources - hmm - sure this will involve a visit to Staples! :rolleyes: check

Check that we have all required policy docs (yeah right that's probably not going to happen!) er well er um......

Hmmm - wonder what I have forgotten :blink:

Yay - not too bad then!!!

• Like 1