Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

JacquieL is hanging up her spurs

Steve

Hi all -

Most of you will know Jacquie - she has been with the FSF since 2003 and is one of our oldest (I'm talking in terms of years of service, not age!) moderators.

Jacquie retired as a teacher some time ago, but has stayed with us as a moderator out of love for the early years, and hopefully the FSF in particular. However, at long last she has decided the time has come to gracefully retire.

All the moderators will miss her wit and wisdom in our debates about various forum issues. We'll also miss her warmth and humour - and additionally I'll miss the jar of homemade Seville Marmalade she sends me down periodically!

As some of you know, there's a special category of life membership for regular FSF members who have retired, and Jacquie has now joined this group. She's promised to pop in regularly and keep us up to date, and chip in where she feels she's needed, so let's keep reminding her of this promise!

Many thanks for your company Jacquie! :1b

• Like 5

Dear Jacquie,

Wishing you all the best in your 'retirement'.

We will all miss your calm, erudite comments and as a fellow Moderator I must say I have been grateful of your support here on the Forum.

On a personal note, I would like to thank you for your warm comfort during some difficult times over the years. I expect there will be many visits to the Manx fairies??

Take care, hugs,

Sue xx

Jacquie - 'spurs' what spurs :blink: and just who have you been kicking with these spurs?! xD

Well, who do you think keeps us moderators in check when we get a bit carried away? ;)

• Like 1

Yours is the calm, clear voice that I look for when everything has gone a bit pear shaped and I'm going to miss your great good wit and wisdom.

Thank you for all the times you were there with soothing words when they were needed most. :wub:

I shall miss you. xx

• Like 1

Oh Jacquie this is a sad day! is it really immediately effective or at the end of the school year? I always click on a post where I see you are the latest to add comment, as said before me, very well, such a voice of calm and reason, something I fear I need all too often, so don't let us get away with anything and keep logging in.

Edited by Panders

I thoroughly agree with HappyMaz, I have been very grateful for your calm, clear voice when everything seemed to have gone crazy and I too am really going to miss your words of wit and wisdom. Sometimes it might not have been what I was ready to hear, but it was always given with care and after a great deal of thought and consideration.

Thank you for all the times you were there with the right words when they were needed most.

I shall miss you too. xx

Golly, reading all these posts has got me quite tearful. Thank you all so much for your generous comments.

I do still intend to pop in and out, but just sit back and leave everything to you clever folks. I will certainly keep up with everyone as I feel like you are my online friends, and some of you have been through difficult times and changes, and I will want to see how you are.

I have learnt a lot on here, especially how hard those in PVI settings work and the struggles and frustrations you have from day to day. Very different to how things were for me in school. Schools have their own challenges and problems as well, and on here we can support each other and that is why I love this Forum.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)