Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What would you put in room 101?

zigzag

Parents, Speech Therapists, Health Visitors and everyone else who doesnt listen to our concerns.

Oh and the nursery staff who are 'surprised' that child minders do the same paperwork as them!

People who put empty packets back in the cupboard.....ARGGGHHH!

byeeeeeeeee!!! <I'm shamelessly guilty of this with crisps (the outer pack...not the ones holding the actual crisps!>

have no idea why - I can only assume it lessens my guilt of eating the last one! Sorry! :wub:

the person whose 'clever' idea it is to keep changing the layout of the supermarkets round!

Edited by gingerbreadman

Some great posts and I can agree with most - no probably all of them! :D

Mine is 'people who do not treat the elderly and/or infirm with the respect they deserve :(

For example - I can't bear this 'new practice' in hospitals of referring to elderly patients by their forename - I would very much like my 91 year old mother to be addressed as Mrs XXXX unless she invites the person to do otherwise...........

She did really 'get one over' on an A&E doc last year........she had mysteriously woken up with the most horrendous black eye - she hadn't fallen.......so it was a Saturday morning so no GP surgery so I took through to Casualty.........after a three hour wait (which had me muttering :ph34r: ) she was finally seen by a doctor - here is the shortened version of the conversation.......

Doctor (addressing me not my mum) how can I help?

Me; Mum has woken up with this black eye, I'm concerned as she hasn't fallen

Doctor: How do you know she hasn't fallen

Me: because she told me so.......ask her yourself

At this stage the Doctor seems to have decided he needs to carry out some 'has she lost her marbles' type questioning

Doctor: Who is the Prime Minister?

Mum: Oh I don't know, can't think of his name, Clegg was the runner up and then they swiftly got into bed with each other!

Wouldn't you think that would be a good enough answer........well no apparently not .....and so he went on and on ....until........

Doctor: Who am I?

Mum: (giving him her best filthy look) I have no idea but I hope to G** you're a doctor!

xD :lol: xD :lol: xD

Sorry this post went on for ages..........

• Like 11

I absolutely agree sunnyday. My great aunt was known by everyone as Nell, except my dad and his two brothers who always called her Helen. In hospital she was called Nelly!!! I seethed everytime I heard it.

Well done to your mom too, more power to her :D

• Like 2

But sunnyday. What caused her black eye? :o

Hmm. What to put in Room 101. My list is far, far too long.

:1b Apparently she must have just "rubbed it in her sleep" :blink: seems quite mad doesn't it but I suppose her skin is very thin.........bless her it looked such a 'mess' for such a long time........

Sunnyday :o .............. totally with you- we're in the middle of a hospital complaint- with the only intended outcome--- to give elderly patients a bit of respect and to LISTEN TO THEM!!!! (and for hospital staff to actually communicate with each other :angry: )

Anyway back to OP - (I Love this game- I'm going to have a 101 evening soon)

one of mine - the programme 'Pointless' it's well.... pointless!!!

xx

• Like 2

(can I say not all Hospitals are like that.. when our local one always asks how you would like to be addressed, and they do as asked... I was on a ward with a mrs xxx and 2 others who asked for Christian names to be used... me... well I ask for my Christian name to be used, no issue with that, but they tend to call me mrs xxx until confident as they find pronouncing it from written not easy and don't want to offend with the wrong one!!)

can I add people who insist on using and talking on their phones at checkouts..ignoring the poor person on the till...

(can I say not all Hospitals are like that.. when our local one always asks how you would like to be addressed, and they do as asked... I was on a ward with a mrs xxx and 2 others who asked for Christian names to be used... me... well I ask for my Christian name to be used, no issue with that, but they tend to call me mrs xxx until confident as they find pronouncing it from written not easy and don't want to offend with the wrong one!!)

That's good to hear Inge! :1b

• Like 1

Public transport, British winters, Ready meals(eughhhhhhh), Ms Truss and the D of E, the Con Dem party (and their rivals), dancing on ice, all Disney stores, Fake Ugg boots, Crocks,homework for primary aged children, plastic finger nails, the Beckhams, false eye lashes, people who gob on the street, hold it all in knickers, the 11+ system.......ooooh I could go on and on. Hope room 101 is very spacious!

• Like 3

I love my class but those 5 year olds who manage to sneer at me, shrug their shoulders and do the 'whatever' teenage look to perfection drive me to distraction (and yes I have had a few like that).

Also, seconding and thirding the empty packets thing. I am close to committing murder for the people at school who empty the photocopier paper packet but put it back on the shelf, those who put the milk carton with just a dribble back in the fridge and those who can't replace an empty toilet roll even when there's a stock of new ones right next to you!

Oh, and those who don't even attempt to see just how independent and talented my little ones are and start from the beginning every time.

And... breathe - am feeling better for that.

• Like 3