Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rain, Rain And More Rain

sunnyday

Well, in 12 years of doing school pick ups I have never before arrived home with every (and I mean every :o ) single item of my clothing wet!

The water was running out of my jeans onto the hall floor and I tipped it out of my trainers. Yes I did have a coat on and it has never leaked before.

The best part was that the teachers didn't like to send the children out in it (or accompany them I'm sure) so we got to wait in the playground until it passed.

If you're off to sunnier climes, Sunnyday, I'll bags the seat next to you. Can it be somewhere with a beach please?

hahahahahaha (sorry) Welcome to my world! Anyone need some spare scuba gear! :P

Sorry Sunny, but it's been lovely up until this afternoon.

I always travel with a spare (complete) set of clothes to work, as I've been known to be soaked through to my undies in the morning, and several times I've stripped off completely as I get home as I'm drenched.

The best part was that the teachers didn't like to send the children out in it (or accompany them I'm sure) so we got to wait in the playground until it passed.

In my last school, when very wet the parents are allowed in to the main school building to collect children from the classrooms so nobody waits in the sort of rain we have had today

• Like 1

rain ???? we had rain all day until about 2 , sun came out , then at 3.25 the heavens opened and doen came the hailstones !!! thunder lightening , more hail and more hail , the roads were like rivers and the ground was covered in an icy coating - was a real freak storm - kids handled it but one of my parents was very distressed . sun has appeared as i write this - my OH also rang me on his arrival in Paris !!!

rain ???? we had rain all day until about 2 , sun came out , then at 3.25 the heavens opened and doen came the hailstones !!! thunder lightening , more hail and more hail , the roads were like rivers and the ground was covered in an icy coating - was a real freak storm - kids handled it but one of my parents was very distressed . sun has appeared as i write this - my OH also rang me on his arrival in Paris !!!

Goodness :o:D oh and how's the weather in Paris?

Yes - I know we need it....but I am sooooooo fed up with this rain :( I'm thinking about driving up to Gatwick with my passport and credit card and boarding a plane headed anywhere sunny - anyone joining me?! xD

Count me in - so long as it doesn't have a 'wet and wild' theme park nearby!!!

After a whole day with wet play, wet lunchtime and children going stir crazy in the classroom all day I'm usually desperate to get rid of them on days like this! Only thing is I underestimate just how long it takes to make sure the whole lot have absolutely everything safely in bags, coats properly zipped up and don't jump in any of the huge puddles between us and the playground!

I know it was bad today because we actually had wet play. We had a new teacher join us last week and when it was wet one morning she asked if it was me who made the call for 'wet play'. I told her we went out unless it was torrential! Having no school hall breeds 'em tough! ;)

• Like 1

Yes - I know we need it....but I am sooooooo fed up with this rain :( I'm thinking about driving up to Gatwick with my passport and credit card and boarding a plane headed anywhere sunny - anyone joining me?! xD

What is it with you?! We were outside between 9.30 and 12.45 today, in the rain.

Det finns inget dåligt väder, bara dåliga kläder

(Swedish for the saying so often used about outdoor learning - the one about bad clothing.)

Hope that is a 'tongue in cheek' comment :unsure: my thread is nothing to do with pre-school....just my own personal take on this awful weather :1b

Actually something I noticed today - the classroom door to outdoor area was open most of the day (only closed when one of the children requested it as it was getting cold during circle time), at no point did I say they couldn't go outside but no one did - far too much fun being had with the new 'bus' and 'zoo' role play areas!

Sunny - can I join you on the trip? I'm not a hot weather person but being sat curled up in front of the fire in April isn't my idea of how it should be!

im with you - party time - :D i know we need the rain but do they have to keep advertisinghosepipe ban whilst its tipping down :ph34r:

Of course - otherwise we couldn't participate in that great British past time of wondering why we have a hosepipe ban with all the rain! ;)

Actually something I noticed today - the classroom door to outdoor area was open most of the day (only closed when one of the children requested it as it was getting cold during circle time), at no point did I say they couldn't go outside but no one did - far too much fun being had with the new 'bus' and 'zoo' role play areas!

Sunny - can I join you on the trip? I'm not a hot weather person but being sat curled up in front of the fire in April isn't my idea of how it should be!

Helen you know you will always be welcome on one of my trips! Sure we can find some shade for you if you prefer! :D

Know what you mean about the fire........I have even ordered more coal - for goodness sake! :o

I don't think I've ever had such miserable school runs as those today..... even the little ones in their waterproofs weren't impressed as the rain stung their hands and faces.... one summed it up perfectly - "it's not as much fun as muddy puddles"

And there's more to come tomorrow........and the next day.......... :(

Nona

I don't think I've ever had such miserable school runs as those today..... even the little ones in their waterproofs weren't impressed as the rain stung their hands and faces.... one summed it up perfectly - "it's not as much fun as muddy puddles"

And there's more to come tomorrow........and the next day.......... :(

Nona

:( :( :( :( :(