Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fees For September 2012

Hi all

We are coming to that time of year again where we review our fees I was wondering, how much if at all you were thinking of putting up yours to?

3 hour session currently £3.20 per hour - we are in the Midlands

We found out last week that our funding has gone down, and so our fees are currently more than funding.

Many thanks

Ours is £3.40 per hour with no chance of asking for more.because when they went up last time we found more and more parents were waiting to start until they were funded, so we lost out really overall.

Ours is £3.40 per hour with no chance of asking for more.because when they went up last time we found more and more parents were waiting to start until they were funded, so we lost out really overall.

That's what I'm concerned about Rea, but if we don't put it up we can't pay the wage bill let alone any other costs, I feel the 'Best Practice' of being 1 staff over ratio is going to have to go :( but then when someone is off sick we don't have any cover staff.

• Like 1

We're one over too but we're fairly lucky because one staff is pregnant and hoping not to have to come back to us and another is talking about leaving to go to a place she can progress more. That means we'll be back to 4 staff at least for a while which will ease our wages bill no end. I cover any sicknesses and training days, all my qualifications are slightly out of date I would suspect but I dont do toileting anymore or accidents and deal with behaviour in only rare cases. I 'just play' which is great :D

I wonder whether a company anywhere would sponsor a staff members wages for a year? :rolleyes:

We're increasing our fees to £15 per 3.5 hours. We also charge £2 for the additional 30 minutes that the funding doesn't cover. That is going up to £2.25 in Sept. Unfortunately our funding isn't increasing (again) and is stuck at £10.80 per 3 hours for evermore I think!!

We have stayed at £3.70 for the last 3 years but will be putting it up to £4 an hour in September. We are in Lincolnshire. We are moving premises and starting full day care so now I'm trying to work out what to charge for full timers,under 2's, sibling discount.....

We are £3.25 per hour ages 2yr 4 mths to 5 yrs. We are in Gloucestershire. We are puttting our fees up in September and considering charging more for under 3's. We dont want to over price tho as this may mean some parents reduce the number of sessions their child attends.

Carol

sibling discount.....

I used to work in a 'workplace' setting - that was also open to 'non-staff'. It was part of a very large organisation, and when we had a new member of HR in the company they questioned why we gave sibling discount........ their agument being- does a sibling require any less care? :o It went after that, difficult I know but very true.

That's what I'm concerned about Rea, but if we don't put it up we can't pay the wage bill let alone any other costs, I feel the 'Best Practice' of being 1 staff over ratio is going to have to go :( but then when someone is off sick we don't have any cover staff.

Sadly agree, this is a sign of the times! I shall be reducing my staff by one in September! ouch

Sadly agree, this is a sign of the times! I shall be reducing my staff by one in September! ouch

we have been down to 2 members of staff since September -which was ok in the Autumn term -but after easter we have 3 new starters (1 with additional needs, which we need to assess, as no one has told us what this child actually needs ) so we will have 14 children with 2 of us !! :blink:

• Like 1

I used to work in a 'workplace' setting - that was also open to 'non-staff'. It was part of a very large organisation, and when we had a new member of HR in the company they questioned why we gave sibling discount........ their agument being- does a sibling require any less care? :o It went after that, difficult I know but very true.

I know, we don't do a discount at the moment but the day nurseries around us do. Another issue is staff children attending the nursery, not been a problem so far as it has only been my children but in September we will have someone back from mat leave and the baby will be in nursery. I know some nurseries give staff a discount (someone I know gets 50% off fees!!!!) but I don't think it's right as effectively they are being paid more than anyone else!

I know some nurseries give staff a discount (someone I know gets 50% off fees!!!!) but I don't think it's right as effectively they are being paid more than anyone else!

Someone at the PLA told me years ago to stop giving committee a reduced rate for their children because it could be seen as a taxable kind of income by HMRC or something like that, it was many years ago. So check out any reductions for staff for your and their sakes.

• 2 weeks later...

We're in Gloucestershire and we're going up to £2.80 per hour for u3s in September. Our fees for funded children are £3.25 the same as the NEF.

As a committee run playgroup we seem to be expected to keep our fees low!

We're in Gloucestershire and we're going up to £2.80 per hour for u3s in September. Our fees for funded children are £3.25 the same as the NEF.

I think traditionally a lot of us had low fee's but I just dont see how its possible anymore. Minimum wage will increase again in October, we currently pay above it anyway but there's gong to come a point when staff will want/need a pay increase. they cant be denied one forever and I feel awful having to.

it costs you more to supply care for the under three so why do they pay less??