Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fees For September 2012

our fees for under3 's is £10 for 3 hour session , i only questioned this yesterday and it was kept lower to make it more appealing as they do not receive funding, but we are finding more people want their children to start from 2 years so are losing out.as we take from 2.5 yrs, although I am just applying for 2 yr funding for a couple of children so thats a new one for me! I have never really been involved with funding side so yet another learning curve. :o

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We are £3.25 per hour ages 2yr 4 mths to 5 yrs. We are in Gloucestershire. We are puttting our fees up in September and considering charging more for under 3's. We dont want to over price tho as this may mean some parents reduce the number of sessions their child attends.

Carol

Carol, just wondered if you had decided to do this - charge more for the under 3's that is??

Carol, just wondered if you had decided to do this - charge more for the under 3's that is??

If it's any help - we charge considerably more for our under threes - I have always felt that I can justify this.....they do need a higher staff:child ratio....

If it's any help - we charge considerably more for our under threes - I have always felt that I can justify this.....they do need a higher staff:child ratio....

Thanks Sunnyday, are you a full daycare setting?

We sadly are mornings only due to our hall being rented by other groups, I can't way up the pros/cons to charging more, I feel this could be done more easily if it is full daycare, but maybe not?

Thanks Sunnyday, are you a full daycare setting?

We sadly are mornings only due to our hall being rented by other groups, I can't way up the pros/cons to charging more, I feel this could be done more easily if it is full daycare, but maybe not?

Hi thumper

No not daycare - just a small village pre-school, mornings only, term-time only........we are in the fortunate position of being over-subscribed......

• Like 1

When you say considerably more - are you talking £2-3 ish ? or even more?

We are in postion like you good waiting list etc ............ although that said we are finding more that want to wait until NEG (/FFE/XYZ/ABC/OOO or whatever it's called this month!!) kicks in.

Hi

Our fees have been reviewed by our committee, they were £3.25 per hour (same as funding.....Gloucestershire) but they have now increased to £4.00 per hour for all ages 2 - 5 yrs old. I do feel it should be more for under 3's (under threes funding is currently £5.25 per hour) but we didnt want to charge too much In Gloucestershire.

Carol

Hi Sunnyday

I think we do need to charge more and I am going to speak to the committee about it. We only take four children under three at any one session but its stil a ration of 1:4.

Carol

We are in postion like you good waiting list etc ............ although that said we are finding more that want to wait until NEG (/FFE/XYZ/ABC/OOO or whatever it's called this month!!) kicks in.

0.60p per hour more.......so £1.80 more per session.........hmmmm - not that 'considerable' really........

Hi Sunnyday

I think we do need to charge more and I am going to speak to the committee about it. We only take four children under three at any one session but its stil a ration of 1:4.

Carol

I don't want to start a 'revolution'..........although actually perhaps I do! :ph34r:

• Like 2

Oh - just re-read........sooooo how do you deal with those parents expecting you to 'hold' places until the FFEXYZ........******* kicks in?

Oh - just re-read........sooooo how do you deal with those parents expecting you to 'hold' places until the FFEXYZ........******* kicks in?

Fortunately (touch wood) we have a healthy waiting list...... however if someone has been on list since birth, or is a sibling- then we do try and hold a few places vacant until Christmas, and this is very much 'first-come, first served' basis- and is not guaranteed, we make sure parents are aware of this as soon as they put their names down.

We do seem to have many more that come for one year now, then 'fill up' with the unders

Otherwise I tell parents to write to their MPs and complain about the system! .............and if/when a parent moves and they leave mid-term--- well then we have a (virtual) party!!!!!

The ones I feel really sorry for are the summer borns - those that would have to pay 3 terms if they want them to start earlier.

We usually have 22/3 out of 26 for the first term- but as usually they are nearly all 'new' children, so this makes for easier settling.

sorry that post is really 'all over the place' but I hope you get my drift.

Is everyone else finding that the summer born children are not taking full weeks?

We have a policy of a minimum of 2 sessions a week, but I know if we removed that, most parents of 2 year olds would drop to once a week until funded - there's no way we would survive the paperwork mountain of that let alone the costs!

Fortunately (touch wood) we have a healthy waiting list...... however if someone has been on list since birth, or is a sibling- then we do try and hold a few places vacant until Christmas, and this is very much 'first-come, first served' basis- and is not guaranteed, we make sure parents are aware of this as soon as they put their names down.

We do seem to have many more that come for one year now, then 'fill up' with the unders

Otherwise I tell parents to write to their MPs and complain about the system! .............and if/when a parent moves and they leave mid-term--- well then we have a (virtual) party!!!!!

The ones I feel really sorry for are the summer borns - those that would have to pay 3 terms if they want them to start earlier.

We usually have 22/3 out of 26 for the first term- but as usually they are nearly all 'new' children, so this makes for easier settling.

sorry that post is really 'all over the place' but I hope you get my drift.

Yes i get your drift! :1b

That is exactly how we work too........I have had, today, the most rotten email from a parent who lives outside of my village and does not have any real 'claim' to a place at my pre-school, we are now full for September (with, like you a few 'saved' places for village children.......when she first applied I warned her that it would be most unlikely that I would ever have a place for her child - she and her partner are feeling terribly aggrieved and I have a feeling this won't be the last I hear about this - think they may make some sort of 'official complaint' - although I'm not sure who they can complain to.......if they think that the tone and content of their email will win friends and influence people they are sadly mistaken :( ........they have a pre-school in their village and there is another village closer to their home than mine......I hate this sort of situation - I have followed my admissions policy to the letter - but still for some unknown reason still feel horribly guilty ....I know that I need to develop a thicker skin - I'm far too easily hurt and upset by unpleasantness :(

....I know that I need to develop a thicker skin - I'm far too easily hurt and upset by unpleasantness :(

((((xxx)))) :1b :1b

I often think- if it wasn't for the parents this would be the best job ever (well that, and a tad more respect/pay!!!)

It's funny though- you know you evething right- but you still feel the guilt :(

I had a parent moan last week as we had to close............ I will be honest I felt like head-butting her- and I am the most calm, chilled-out, laid-back person ever!!!!

We have staff member off on extended sick leave (for very sad reasons), my mum fell a badly broke her leg - and I was awaiting news of her operation, other staff member elderly mother had just been rushed into hosp so she'd had to leave early............... I felt like just walking away from it all :angry: Boy did we need this half term break ;)

(and- I'm not even going to moan (much) that I feel cheated out of 'me-time' day........... so really only actually had a 3day half term!! :D ::1a :D ::1a

..I have had, today, the most rotten email from a parent who lives outside of my village and does not have any real 'claim' to a place at my pre-school, we are now full for September (with, like you a few 'saved' places for village children.......when she first applied I warned her that it would be most unlikely that I would ever have a place for her child - she and her partner are feeling terribly aggrieved and I have a feeling this won't be the last I hear about this - think they may make some sort of 'official complaint' - although I'm not sure who they can complain to.......if they think that the tone and content of their email will win friends and influence people they are sadly mistaken :( ........they have a pre-school in their village and there is another village closer to their home than mine......I hate this sort of situation - I have followed my admissions policy to the letter - but still for some unknown reason still feel horribly guilty ....I know that I need to develop a thicker skin - I'm far too easily hurt and upset by unpleasantness :(

You have my deepest sympathy Sunnyday it's a horrible job the 'Waiting list' when you are always full

I remember those days and up until this year that is exactly how we were, could never get everybody in lots of bad feeling from those who didn't, we even took on extra staff to accommodate everyone, and then this year for some reason it's all change and not enough children :mellow:

You have my deepest sympathy Sunnyday it's a horrible job the 'Waiting list' when you are always full

I remember those days and up until this year that is exactly how we were, could never get everybody in lots of bad feeling from those who didn't, we even took on extra staff to accommodate everyone, and then this year for some reason it's all change and not enough children :mellow:

Thank you that's very kind - didn't mean to 'side track' this thread...........sorry that you don't have enough new entrants.........