Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Revised EYFS Now Available

Helen

The revised EYFS has been published today and the statutory framework is available here. This covers the learning and development requirements, assessment, and the safeguarding and welfare requirements. The framework is mandatory for all early years providers from September 1st 2012. Sarah Teather stated:

"The EYFS sets out the standards that early years providers must meet. It has improved quality across the early years sector, but some aspects of the 2008 framework have proved overly bureaucratic and burdensome. The reformed EYFS, which builds on the independent advice of Dame Clare Tickell, will reduce paperwork and bureaucracy for professionals and enable them to focus more strongly on the areas of learning most essential for children’s healthy development. It will also simplify assessment at age five, reducing the early learning goals from 69 to 17, and provide for earlier intervention for children who need extra help.

When we published our response to the main EYFS consultation on 20 December 2011, we launched a further one-month consultation on new learning and development requirements (as required by the Childcare Act 2006). The responses to this additional consultation were broadly positive and I have made no significant changes to the framework as a result."

Edit by Steve: To save you from searching this topic for the documents, if you're having trouble accessing them from the DofE site you can find the downloads from this post by SueJ.

• Like 1

I am sadly! excited also - feel this is a way of renewing our energy somehow and rethinking what we do - reflecting on our practice - and if it means less paperwork then this must be a good thing (not sure about this bit though) only sad thing is ink just ran out! Have to sort that out before printing. Feel we should get at least one copy per setting from the government.

Guest ShelleyT

I'm disappointed that they have not yet provided information about the EYFS profile. That is the part that will be the biggest change for Reception teachers I think.

id like to say a big thanks to all who have taken the time to download and post all the info -its very much appreciated and has save me time (as i couldnt find the bits i needed !)

will be spending tommorow in the setting printing it all off.

• Like 3

Big thanks from me too...............well all I can say David Cameron should know what a dedicated lot we are......the sun is still blazing outside, I have got home from work after a very tiring day and here I am soaking up the revised EYFS......thanks to everyone for posting it for us....much appreciated

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)