Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Revised EYFS Now Available

Helen

looking at the standards does it read that we need to have a food handling cert to handle snack even if only fruit milk and water?

Are there assessment sheets to go with the new standards?

All looks good and agree it will bring all us FS people a new fresh start.

• 2 weeks later...

The key wording on food handling is: ' In group provision' - I am sure it's me being a bit thick but what is 'group provision'?

I've got the framework, it's the development statements and the 2 yr old assessment bit I still need! Anyone got those that they can pm me with?

Will attach to email - stand by! xD

Hi, can someone send them to me too please, or the link to where you can find it. Thank you :)

Oohhh and me now! I just assumed they would be the same - but having looked at their websites again it appears that the PSLA are offering

Statutory Framework for Early Years Foundation Stage

Development Matters in the EYFS

A Know How Guide: The EYFS Progress Check at Age Two

while the NDNA state that "Each copy, which includes both the EYFS and Development Matters, costs just £9.50, including postage" so maybe not the progress check?

Thank you! Ignore my last post...

We are looking at the docs for the EYFS review re safeguarding and welfare in regard to review and updating policies and procedures. We have used the PLA policy and procedure docs in the past and amended where appropriate to make unique to our setting. I am now anxious about how we will make reference to any updates made of the new requirements in safeguarding and welfare as the guidance docs do not clearly state where these areas fit? The PLA policies x ref to clearly the principles within the pip cards e.g. Unique Child, etc. I have contacted PLA to query when it is likely revised policies and procedures will be available they have told me around August. My fear is that we are due an Oftsed inspection likely to be from Autumn term 2012 we are a term time only setting and will not have time to update and revise policies to support revisions from Sept '12 Inspections being undertaken by Ofsted. Getting greyer hair by the minute.

Does anyone else have similar concerns or ideas on how to make this a less worrying situation. Thanks for any feedback or support on this issue.

• Like 1

Any one know what happens about the e-profile , will there be a new version of it ready for September 2012 to fit the new framework?

My placement teacher told me today that on a training course yesterday she was informed the new profile would not be available until autumn at the earliest.

Milo,

I think the only thing to suggest is to go through the revised statutory framework and just add sections where you think it will best fit into your existing system. Are there particular areas that you think have changed so much you need to create new policies?

Hi Catma,

Yes, having now had chance to look at the new full version, I can see that actually the anticipated 'less paperwork' really isn't going to happen in practice and with a bit of tweaking, I think we will be using much of the same obs etc formats as I had already designed for the previous version. Am attending an information day early July (yes, plenty of time to get it all up and support for staff in place before we close for the summer!!!! sorry slight sarcasm at the usual late implementation) so hopefully will gather a better idea from that. The good news is, we all seem to be in the same boat!! :blink: At least we never get bored.

Thank you for your reply.

We are looking at the docs for the EYFS review re safeguarding and welfare in regard to review and updating policies and procedures. We have used the PLA policy and procedure docs in the past and amended where appropriate to make unique to our setting. I am now anxious about how we will make reference to any updates made of the new requirements in safeguarding and welfare as the guidance docs do not clearly state where these areas fit? The PLA policies x ref to clearly the principles within the pip cards e.g. Unique Child, etc. I have contacted PLA to query when it is likely revised policies and procedures will be available they have told me around August. My fear is that we are due an Oftsed inspection likely to be from Autumn term 2012 we are a term time only setting and will not have time to update and revise policies to support revisions from Sept '12 Inspections being undertaken by Ofsted. Getting greyer hair by the minute.

Does anyone else have similar concerns or ideas on how to make this a less worrying situation. Thanks for any feedback or support on this issue.

Hi,

Am currently on one of the new Safeguarding Lead Practitioner courses and even the instructor didn't know quite how the changes were going to affect policy and procedure as they hadn't had all the information as of yet. She did let us know that all policies were expected to reflect the new changes as from September, so it remains to be seen if we all will get the relevant information to enable us to have that in place. Sorry I couldn't be anymore help.

• Like 1

Any one know what happens about the e-profile , will there be a new version of it ready for September 2012 to fit the new framework?

Have had the first all day training for implementing the revised EYFS on Tuesday. E profile will be going, up to LA's to create own version. I am in kent, was told the new one will dovetail with Sims, will be ready sometime in new year.

Worried that there will be no data tracking so HT's and Ofsted cannot ask for it?! Year 1 collegue not too keen on the 3 E's only information format.

worried? me? !!

Have had the first all day training for implementing the revised EYFS on Tuesday. E profile will be going, up to LA's to create own version. I am in kent, was told the new one will dovetail with Sims, will be ready sometime in new year.

Worried that there will be no data tracking so HT's and Ofsted cannot ask for it?! Year 1 collegue not too keen on the 3 E's only information format.

worried? me? !!

worried? me? !!

Hi Im also in Kent and will be receiving the full day training end of June - was it informative and any hints and tips

eProfile will be continued by Suffolk - just check their website, http://eprofile.org.uk/, but for a small licence fee.

The original info re eprofile was from DfE because they were withdrawing from supporting it so for a while there was nothing, but now there will be.

As for tracking that will be through the development matters like any other child - just probably using the 40 - 60+ band more than before for measuring progress on the developmental continuum and then statutory assessment by matching children's outcomes to the ELGs as a final summative judgement just like you do for Ks1 and KS2, except they use levels and then SATs whereas we will use ages/stages then an assessment based on observation.

You will have % of children at or below etc for all 17 areas. Year 1 will still know where children are, just as they always have!! They just need to know what the outcomes represent in terms of children's learning. (which I do rather think is also their professional responsibilty)!

For children judged as exceeding at the end of EYFS the indication from STA is that they will need to be involved in agreeing those judgements so that they are aligned with expectations in Yr1.

Cx

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Forgive me for having a 'senior moment'. Am I the only one who has only just realised that the comittments have gone?! When I first read the new EYFS I was pleased to see the themes and principles had stayed. I liked the addition of the + signs and the = showing how the first 3 themes link to the Learning and Development.

It is only today (ashamed and embarrassed face here!) that I realise that actually the wording of the four principles has changed (ok only slightly in some but none the less it's changed) and there are no comittments. It seems we have four themes, four principles and then 'practice' where we used to have comittments. I attach a word doc to show what I mean and am now at the stage of wondering have I lost the plot, how could I have missed this until now???????????

Edited to actually attach the attachment!!Old and new Themes Principles Comittments.docx

Edited by Gezabel

Forgive me for having a 'senior moment'. Am I the only one who has only just realised that the comittments have gone?! When I first read the new EYFS I was pleased to see the themes and principles had stayed. I liked the addition of the + signs and the = showing how the first 3 themes link to the Learning and Development.

It is only today (ashamed and embarrassed face here!) that I realise that actually the wording of the four principles has changed (ok only slightly in some but none the less it's changed) and there are no comittments. It seems we have four themes, four principles and then 'practice' where we used to have comittments. I attach a word doc to show what I mean and am now at the stage of wondering have I lost the plot, how could I have missed this until now???????????

Edited to actually attach the attachment!!Old and new Themes Principles Comittments.docx

This has kind of annoyed me because I based our whole operational plan around this document. It work really well with just four pages of A4 which ofsted loved at our inspection. Even more paperwork as yet another thing to re-write!

This has kind of annoyed me because I based our whole operational plan around this document. It work really well with just four pages of A4 which ofsted loved at our inspection. Even more paperwork as yet another thing to re-write!

I am still wondering how I could have missed it along with whether I have misunderstood the new version. We had references in our SEF and several other documents to the key comittments but they have just disappeared as far as I can see but yet I keep ploughing through the new version to check!!! Can someone confirm that the 'new page' in my attached document is 'all there is' I would be sooo grateful.

I am still wondering how I could have missed it along with whether I have misunderstood the new version. We had references in our SEF and several other documents to the key comittments but they have just disappeared as far as I can see but yet I keep ploughing through the new version to check!!! Can someone confirm that the 'new page' in my attached document is 'all there is' I would be sooo grateful.

Nooooooooooooooooooo.... please don't amke me actually read it all!! :) :) :)

Just had a look through all my bits and it just seems to go themes, principles, practice. Sorry x

The theory is still really the same though, so maybe you could still use your operational plan and just delete reference to the numbers?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)