Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Revised EYFS Now Available

Helen

I agree. I only use standard outings RA and if we're off on an annual trip we normally have parent helpers who I personally make sign to say they've read a specific RA!!!! No, no reduction that I can see, just lots of re-working of paperwork that I'm having to do now as we're moving over the summer!!!!

Hi,

have had a lovely holiday in Sctland this week but someone asked for reports??? Not very innovative I'm afraid but this is what we use x

thanks for that - interesting to see what folk are doing, isn't it.

Hi,

have had a lovely holiday in Sctland this week but someone asked for reports??? Not very innovative I'm afraid but this is what we use x

Very useful thank-you.

I am hoping something like this will be available in PRAMS.

Very useful thank-you.

I am hoping something like this will be available in PRAMS.

I use the first page to collect the PRAMS data from key persons and then enter it from them. To be honest I've not delved into the reports for parents on PRAMS yet but this keeps it nice and concise. Works for us but taken ages to get the timing right to make the most of all the information!

But are you really going to reduce trip RA's ? We only do 2 or 3 non regular trips each year, so frankly, this will save me at max 1 to 1.5 hrs per year, and if I am honest, I will actually still do written RA's just to cover ourselves should anything happen, so in reality, no reduction at all.

From a Nursery point of view you're probably right about not saving paperwork, but the likes of us Childminders, who do about four outings a day - the reduction in expectation is vastly (and thankfully) reduced. To be frank, I expect most RCMs just didn't do all the RAs on a daily basis as completely impractical.

Honey

dorisdarling, did you mean the "emerging, developing, secure" judgements in PRAMS (because you can already do this!), or was it something else you wanted PRAMS to be able to do?

Hello everyone, I have been reading all of the different posts and this is will be my first so just wanted to use it to say hi :1b

Everyone's thoughts are really interesting and useful and just remember if we keep up with the fantastic work we are doing for our children then we all should be just fine!

Hello everyone, I have been reading all of the different posts and this is will be my first so just wanted to use it to say hi :1b

Everyone's thoughts are really interesting and useful and just remember if we keep up with the fantastic work we are doing for our children then we all should be just fine!

Welcome to the forum! :1b

Welcome to the forum Rafa!

I have also ordered from Early Education Online Store - £5.75 each didn't seem to bad to me :unsure: :D

Has anyone actually received their copies ordered from Early Education :unsure: perhaps they have been completely overwhelmed with orders......

Mine arrived yesterday and I only ordered it last week. I had ordered something else form them which arrived a few days ago so I was worried that it might be very delayed. Obviously not though. It's not that substantial but it is probably worth it to me to save me colour printing and putting in one file all the pages (cost and time wise). It's certainly lightweight enough to be carried around with me.

Mine arrived yesterday and I only ordered it last week. I had ordered something else form them which arrived a few days ago so I was worried that it might be very delayed. Obviously not though. It's not that substantial but it is probably worth it to me to save me colour printing and putting in one file all the pages (cost and time wise). It's certainly lightweight enough to be carried around with me.

Thanks Holly - mine have arrived today! :1b

dorisdarling, did you mean the "emerging, developing, secure" judgements in PRAMS (because you can already do this!), or was it something else you wanted PRAMS to be able to do?

Hi Helen,

I meant the new re-titled areas in PRAMS and a two year old check list would be great too!

Hi Doris,

Well, the new areas of learning are being added to PRAMS as I speak! As for the 2 year check, you can always just select those 3 areas (PSED, S&L and PD) and get PRAMS to produce analysis and reports on just those three. :1b

• Like 1

Helen I wonder if you could tell me roughly how long you think it would take to get up and running with PRAMS?

We have aorund 55 children from age 7mth to 4+ and have 10 staff.

Just after an idea so that I can see if I can free up the time to do it, anyone else using it could you let me know how long it took you to get going with it please. Thank you X :1b

Hi Pimms,

Well that's a very good question :D

It depends on how you currently record where your children are "at" with regard to the age bands. If you already record this on paper somewhere, then it would be a simple job to transfer it to PRAMS by clicking on the appropriate judgement, ie ageband within each aspect you have assessed. I'm guessing most people don't make assessments for all 28 aspects for their children, so say you make 15, then that will take about 10 mins I would guess to transfer that information from your paper records to PRAMS. If you add 10 mins to add child's details, key worker, etc, that's about 20 mins per child. Probably around 20 hours work, I should think.

If you're not familiar at all with PRAMS, then do go through the video tutorials so you get a feel for what you'll need to do.

What does anyone else think?

I don't suppose you are part of a school or organisation that has the children's information online already Pimms? Because you can import .CTF data files into PRAMS if they're available to you.

Just wanted to say a big thank you for all the downloads everyones posted and to ask a question.

I just wanted to know how is everyone going to implement the new development matters book in September. Are you going to transfer all the children onto the new dev matters statements or just start new children on it? We have about 100 children on our books and it is going to be a lot of unpaid work to move all our existing children over or can it be phased in by starting new children on them? Hope this makes sense and thanks for any advice.

We are writing both sets of statements against our observations for children who will be with us in September. We will take the info from there and already have made a start

Hi Pimms,

Well that's a very good question :D

It depends on how you currently record where your children are "at" with regard to the age bands. If you already record this on paper somewhere, then it would be a simple job to transfer it to PRAMS by clicking on the appropriate judgement, ie ageband within each aspect you have assessed. I'm guessing most people don't make assessments for all 28 aspects for their children, so say you make 15, then that will take about 10 mins I would guess to transfer that information from your paper records to PRAMS. If you add 10 mins to add child's details, key worker, etc, that's about 20 mins per child. Probably around 20 hours work, I should think.

If you're not familiar at all with PRAMS, then do go through the video tutorials so you get a feel for what you'll need to do.

What does anyone else think?

Thanks Helen

But another question, sorry, roughly how long would it take to get all the information for 55 children and 10 staff for one setting onto PRAMS in the first place and get everything hunky dory and ready to roll? I use Superfox for registers and finances and know that it is only as good as the information first entered on it and that took me about 3 days to set up in the first place.

If anyone else could give me an idea too of how long it took to set up I would be grateful, having seen some printed documents from this showing the level a child was working at and some possible next steps I was very impressed but time is tight! :(

Hi Pimms,

I included in the timings above 10 mins per child to set up initial info, eg name, age, details such as SEN, EAL etc. I'd say the same for your staff; each staff member, level of qualifications, and list of key children. So if you add on a couple of hours for the 10 staff, I think you are likely to need about 22-25 hours for the lot. :1b

• Like 1

Does Superfox allow you to export data? If it gives you the option to export in CTF (common text format) you could import the staff and children details into PRAMS which would save a fair amount of time.

Hi , first time for posting on the forum, but not a new member! New EYFS seems more manageable but agree it doesn't look like less paper work. I use PRAMS in two settings about 80 children in total, the time spent in entering information is worth the detailed reports and suggestions for further obsertions which are generated. B)

Does Superfox allow you to export data? If it gives you the option to export in CTF (common text format) you could import the staff and children details into PRAMS which would save a fair amount of time.

Hi Steve

I don't know, but I know a man that does. I will ask the question and get back to you. Would you be able to help me if it is, by help I mean take me by the hand and guide me through it! Thank you

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)