Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nef

Hi all

Have just heard that our new hourly funding rate will be £3.88!!!

I am quite staggered really as I had prepared myself for it to fall. This is an increase of 3p + 11p for quality.

Has anybody else heard what their's is yet?

Debster

Ours to remain at £3.96

glad it has not gone down but it does mean that with rising costs, training to be paid for etc we will probably have to raise fee's which i usually keep in line with the funding :(

Ours to remain at £3.96

glad it has not gone down but it does mean that with rising costs, training to be paid for etc we will probably have to raise fee's which i usually keep in line with the funding :(

Ours is staying the same too Sue, what will you do, raise the fees for 2 year olds? This however, wouldn't help us at the moment as I only have 2 2year olds! the rest are on funding so I'm pretty much stuffed.

• Like 1

Lucky you have all found out, we don't hear until June although I do know that there is an extra 10p an hour being paid this year as there was money left in the county coffers so a little bonus payment heading my way soon

Ours has fallen to £3.07 per hour and it really means the end to any hopes of us continuing to operate. Although it is only a small drop we have struggled to increase our income through 2 year olds and the funding going down will mean we are bringing in less once a child becomes funded than they pay in fees. I don't feel we can raise fees anymore either.

Ours has fallen to £3.07 per hour and it really means the end to any hopes of us continuing to operate. Although it is only a small drop we have struggled to increase our income through 2 year olds and the funding going down will mean we are bringing in less once a child becomes funded than they pay in fees. I don't feel we can raise fees anymore either.

Oh Holly - I am genuinely saddened by this news - how awful for you.....

Thanks Sunnyday. It's been a bit of a roller coaster the last two years but I think we are sadly coming to the end. I can't only blame the funding level but it certainly hasn't helped.

Thanks Sunnyday. It's been a bit of a roller coaster the last two years but I think we are sadly coming to the end. I can't only blame the funding level but it certainly hasn't helped.

Well I know how that feels, holly35. What will you do next? :(

Well having had to step away as the EYP already I'm nearly finished on my PGCE now. I still talk about "my preschool" cos I think it always will be! I'm most worried about the rest of the staff and what they will do, and obviously the small number of families who keep saying we have a fab reputation and they're thinking of us for the future. Unfortunately thinking of us for the future isn't getting people through the door now :-(

Edited by Guest

Oh Holly35 it is so sad to hear of yet another setting having to make the decision to close. You must hold your head high and say i did all i could to alleviate this outcome,[ even if it breaks your heart to do so] .

So have you considered what you might do with all your skills and knowledge.

Sending hugs your way.xxx.

Thanks bridger. I'm doing my PGCE currently so my future is fairly set but the other staff have a less secure outlook. I'm hoping that I can convey to potential employers how fab they are in references. And once I've got a teaching gposition I'm having them all back to help me run my foundations stage class!!

I dont know we usually in sept have say 8-10 fee paying children so i guess we will have to raise it.

it is a real dilemma, but have not had pay rise for 2 yrs.

It makes me cross because we offer as everyone does an excellent outstanding educational safe fun loving environment

at a bargain price of £12 per session, every other business raises their prices without a hige amount of thought but i agonise over ours

hi,

sorry this may seem like a stupid question but to all that answered the original post are your settings in inner city?

£2.88 i really is that what the NEF hourly rate? I thought it was more, does it not depend on where the setting is? thanks

Ours is £12 per session, sounds a lot BUT in my experience all the children have been very, very needy in many ways requiring much higher ratio of 1-4, more like 1-2. Also quite a bit of extra paperwork needed to be done, meetings to go to etc.As I type I really wonder if its really worth it.I only have 2 at the moment and I took them because I had the elder siblings and was aware of the situation at home.

Good to know its not only me, as I hadnt received an email about the Summer Training Brochure being online and wondered if I had missed the NEF notification as well. Had the new contrat via email and it said the NEF was too follow.

smiles

Well ours is £2.67, just double-checked the figures

edit to add - that's the base rate - we have a tiny addition for deprivation

Edited by Cait

Ours has stayed the same at £3.76 per hour which sounds great compared to some that are stil £2 something per hour - just a couple of things for everyone with a term time budgeting head to consider though

This is paid per hour per funded child for 38 weeks but with statutory holiday pay entitlements for staff wages (the major overhead) and some other costs that cover 52 weeks rather than 38 such as insurance etc. this £3.76 pays towards 42.6 weeks wages so in real terms £3.76 becomes more like £2.05.

Add into this mix that the pension law changes could see the wages bill increase by 3% in the not too distant future (2015 for most small employers) in order to pay into staff pension schemes

I am seriously worried about where this money will come from as we have only a couple of children who access hours over their funded entitlement which effectively means that early education funding is our sole source of income. If it doesn't rise by 3% I can't conjure 3% out of thin air.

Staff will get no pay increase this year and graduate leader funding cuts means that having spent 4 years getting EYPS I am still earning a pittance

Maybe a letter to Michael Gove is needed asking him to check out how we are meant to meet our statutory requirements in respect of HMRC and DWP on such derisory hourly rates

• Like 3

My goodness it is beyond me how on earth they expect you to manage on 11p per child per hour less then last year.

Dear me Narnia imagine the cut in your profits!! (obviously that was a joke!!)

Cait, I take my hat off to you- we get nearly £1 per hour more than you (3.60) and will be getting no increase in this for the 2nd year running.

To increase staff salaries and our income last year we introduced an extra 30 minutes per session, which meant increasing our fees by £2 per non funded child (from £12 to £14) and for funded children we also charge £2 for the additional 30 minutes. We have (so far) only had one child say they couldn't pay it and they opted to do just 4 days per week rather than pick her up 30 minutes earlier each day. However I really, really dont want to put fees up this year (from Sept I mean) but although staff salaries increased it wasn't a rise as such as we are all working longer hours now!! We were lucky as well in that we didn't have to increase our rent.

Birmingham have stayed at last years rate of £3.56. We also get extra for deprivation, thats split into two different rates depending on whether they are from the 5% most derived areas or the 6-10% other deprived areas.

I wonder if it would make any difference if we advertised our hourly rates rather than our session rates with the stipulation that 2.5 or 3 hours is the minimum per session?

Ok anyone heard in Essex the funding levels for 2012/2013. :rolleyes:

Getting a little twitchy now i know the minimum wage is going up by 11p per hour in October 2012. :o

Ha Ha... now don't be silly.......... you know they want you to sign the contacts BEFORE they tell you how much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)