Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nef

our base rate has gone up to £3.71 per hour (whichI realise is high compared to the rest of you) our deprivation funding has gone down, graduate leader funding gone down by 60% for most settings, training courses now have to be paid for and bursaries for staff to improve qualifications have been cut by 50%. This last thing is terrible as staff in such a low-paid sector can hardly afford to self fund through a foundation degree. Once all us oldies retire or get a better offer, I'm not sure where all the graduate leaders are going to come from.

the gap between minimum wage and what I proudly pay my staff as a minimum (£7.33ph) is narrowing as there's not a cat in hell's chance of anyone getting a payrise for the foreseeable future.

ok, moan over.

Ok anyone heard in Essex the funding levels for 2012/2013. :rolleyes:

Getting a little twitchy now i know the minimum wage is going up by 11p per hour in October 2012. :o

See............now they have all our forms back they tell us!!!!

Up 11p pre-school £3.82.

xx

• 2 months later...

See............now they have all our forms back they tell us!!!!

Up 11p pre-school £3.82.

xx

. Ooo glad to see Essex is keeping in line with the minimum wage increase....not much left over tho :(. !!

How absurd that the funding rate differs so much across the country when we are all doing the same work! Overheads cant be that much different surely? Wages, holiday pay, rent, insurance and equipment etc etc.....Dont know of any other business that would accept the 'give a penny here take a penny there' administration that we have to put up with. We took a drop in funding when they introduced a lower base rate and raised the bar in what hoop you had to jump through to get another penny or two....great!

Raising the non funded fees meant less take up of places...and I dont blame them

Think the Gov should start re- thinking what it would Cost to replace pvi's....and start paying us what we are worth!

...........going back to completing my Transition To School forms now....arghhhhhh. !!

Ours has gone up by a few pence and we also got the increase for my getting my EYP ( single payment of £6000) so we are now on £3.78 which compared to some of you isn't too bad, was reviewing my two year old funding rates and interesting to see that has dropped by over £2 per hour since we first started taking funded two year olds - is now £4.85 but they don't cost any less to care for than a few years ago :huh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)