Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

One Thing You Couldn't Live Without

Gosh! A week without my laptop and I'd be crawling up the walls. However, I have to say that since I changed from my BlackBerry, if I had to go without my iPhone I'd feel completely at sea. It has just about everything I need - my favourite music on my iPod - as well as electronic diversions such as Words With Friends as well as access to all my online friends.

Maybe I should change my signature to "Must Get A Life" :o

A laptop would be difficult I reckon - never tried it...

Mine would probably be a mug. My family, along with people I work with, have long thought me more than a bit strange for not liking to drink tea from anything but my favourite mug. Obviously this changes over the years as they get dropped or just fall apart, but tea is never quite the same when it's just drunk from any old mug. I need to adopt one as my personal one and then wander round the house to find it rather than use a generic one.

And glare resentfully at anyone else who has the nerve to drink tea from my mug...

Take it that it's a given family, friends etc., then myh Laptop, (sadly), real coffee, washing machine! again, sadly! two weeks without while repairs carried out nearly did me in :o Sunnyday's witty posts.

And glare resentfully at anyone else who has the nerve to drink tea from my mug...

Are any other fans of The Big Bang Theory hearing Sheldon say "you're in my spot"? :o

my dog! (who is of course called finley!!)

He is my exercise machine, my sounding wall, my reason for getting home and my companion :o

I love my family but Finley will let me talk about anything and all he wants in return is his ball thrown!.....simple things in life!

my dog! (who is of course called finley!!)

He is my exercise machine, my sounding wall, my reason for getting home and my companion :o

I love my family but Finley will let me talk about anything and all he wants in return is his ball thrown!.....simple things in life!

I always had Finley down as a son, so that you were his Maid, much like a feel I am to my 3 sons sometimes! I'm glad Finley is a dog.

Coffee. I have been known to forget which way I've driven to arrive somewhere when coffee was in short supply.

The other thing, which I only realised had gone missing just before I logged on here is my lipstick. Second one to have disappeared while at the rugby club. I must find out what they do with them!

The other thing, which I only realised had gone missing just before I logged on here is my lipstick. Second one to have disappeared while at the rugby club. I must find out what they do with them!

I think you should allow that one to remain a mystery :o

Edited by Upsy Daisy

Apart from the usual; laptop, phone, ipod etc I really couldn't live without my bath; I do love a long, hot soak in a bubble bath!

Oh and my glasses lol!! :o

My Passport, some cash and a clear credit card. Real security is being able to run away. I can't get by without knowing I can go if I need to.

This is really important to me at the moment as the six months I intended to stay here has turned into nearly ten years. Feeling just a tad homesick.

Honey

Gin

No sorry - just a little joke there for Panders! :o

As others have said - obviously family, friends.......but after that I think it would have to be my deputy......we have worked together forever.......she knows me inside out (and still chooses to work with me :( ), she is an absolute 'wonder' - completely dedicated to our pre-school....yep - couldn't be without her! :(

I was thinking about what I miss when I'm away from home......my bath (a shower is just not the same), my sofa - with recliner - so comfy, computer.......

I understand Steve's comment about his favourite mug.......I'm also a wee bit 'obsessive' in that department.......couldn't manage without music, books (haven't got a kindle yet!) - oh and my car - I live in a tiny village - miles from 'anywhere' with an almost non-existent bus service xD

I can just hear my dear old mum saying "your health dear".......and of course she's right! :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)