Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Fond Farewell

My subscription ends soon so I'm getting in a little goodbye before it's too late.

Oh you lovely forum buddies have been the most fantastic lamp posts to lean on, shoulders to weep on, and my No.1 advice line. I really have enjoyed being a member of this forum. We have had such laughs and I have learnt so much. You have helped me through some really tough times and shared in my jolliness. Thank you to you all.

I have been unemployed since September and although attempted to find work, I have been unsuccessful for many reasons. For those reasons I decided not to continue working with children. Although I was good at my job and enjoyed it, I have encountered too many mean people and had my confidence bashed too much. My brain has struggled with finding work so I have decided to become self employed and am giving it a good go!

I have recently qualified in Confectionery and decided to start my own cake making and decorating business from home, I hope to officially open before Easter.

So, as I am no longer in early years and have a lot to be getting on with I decided not to renew my subscription.

I shall miss your faces and voices (that I see and hear when reading your posts!) and wish you all well in all that you do.

I have my mug, two pens, note pad and a cheque - which has gone towards some sugarcraft equipment - to which I shall remember you by!

Thanks guys :o

ppp

(I think I'm here for at least another week!)

:o Oh playplayplay I will really miss you xD

I wish you every success in your new career, all those lovely cakes - yummy!

Don't know what else to say except I was saddened to read your post, though of course I understand and respect your decision, just that you will be sorely missed as a valuable member of the forum

Oh PPP, thats a lovely post.

I struggle to make cakes even using a packet mix so I'm really quite jealous that you have such a talent.

Good luck in your new venture, I'm sure you'll be in great demand. :o

Good luck with your new venture playplayplay, you will be missed by all for all your wise words but I am sure you will find your new direction truly scrumptious! :o

Wishing you every success in your new venture P3 hope it becomes a runaway success. I have had 4 friends in similar businesses and their cakes are truly amazing - word of mouth goes a long way.

Will miss having you on board here but know that this is something you must do.

Good Luck for the future.

Panders xx

Sorry to hear that you are leaving, but at least you are heading into an exciting (and tasty) new future! Good luck with your new business, I'm sure it will be incredibly successful. :o x

PPP - Ever since I joined FSF I have found your entries to be amusing, worrying and relieving in equal measures. I think you had great difficulties just before I joined and maybe you should make copies of your entries on here as a record of your journey. You have obviously come a long way, overcoming nastiness and you should be proud of the choices you have made. Might be a book in your entries...

Best of luck,

Honey

My subscription ends soon so I'm getting in a little goodbye before it's too late.

Oh you lovely forum buddies have been the most fantastic lamp posts to lean on, shoulders to weep on, and my No.1 advice line. I really have enjoyed being a member of this forum. We have had such laughs and I have learnt so much. You have helped me through some really tough times and shared in my jolliness. Thank you to you all.

I have been unemployed since September and although attempted to find work, I have been unsuccessful for many reasons. For those reasons I decided not to continue working with children. Although I was good at my job and enjoyed it, I have encountered too many mean people and had my confidence bashed too much. My brain has struggled with finding work so I have decided to become self employed and am giving it a good go!

I have recently qualified in Confectionery and decided to start my own cake making and decorating business from home, I hope to officially open before Easter.

So, as I am no longer in early years and have a lot to be getting on with I decided not to renew my subscription.

I shall miss your faces and voices (that I see and hear when reading your posts!) and wish you all well in all that you do.

I have my mug, two pens, note pad and a cheque - which has gone towards some sugarcraft equipment - to which I shall remember you by!

Thanks guys :o

ppp

(I think I'm here for at least another week!)

Good Luck in your new adventure, Its such a shame when good childcare workers are lost.

Sue

Yes, I agree it is such a shame when good practitioners move on to pastures new. I also think it is such a shame that your experiences in the early years were not always positive. All the people who caused you grief should hang their heads in shame.

I really wish you all the best in your new business, how exciting for you, and as I too am hopeless at baking I am sure you will find many many customers just like me who will crave for your creative skills.

Good luck, best wishes, missing you already.

Peggy

P3 I'll be really sorry to see you go. You are clearly an excellent practitioner and will be a great loss to Early Years.

I fully understand your reasons for moving on after what you experienced.

I'm sure lots of people will get a great deal of pleasure from your confectionery.

Good Luck

xx

PPP I'll really miss you too! Have fun baking and don't forget the gluten-free market! There are some cakes out there, but all ridiculously expensive and the only palatable commercial one seems to be M&S lemon!

I wish you every success in your new venture!

I'm very sad to see you go P3, but sometimes it is time to move on and look to the future. You have been a wonderful member of this Forum and I have always valued your posts. You are obviously a lady with many talents however, and I wish you well with your cake business. I do hope we hear how you are doing!

Love and hugs

JacquieLx

Wishing you every success as PlayPlayPlay transforms into BakeBakeBake!!!!

I'm SO pleased you're putting all the unhappiness behind you and moving on - into another area that'll bring happiness to children, too :o

Good Luck!!

Nona x

Wishing you every success as PlayPlayPlay transforms into BakeBakeBake!!!!

Nice one Nona! :o

My mum baked and decorated cakes for the neighbours, friends and relations when we were growing up. Our job was to fill the pipes (don't know if they're still called that or if it's just an Irish thing!) with icing ready for my mum to work her magic. All her designs were her own and I know she it gave her a real sense of satisfaction when she completed a cake and stood back for us all to admire.

I hope you get that same sense of satisfaction PPP......using your talent and expertise to give joy to others while creating your works of art.

We shall all miss you but wish you the very best of luck in your new venture. xD