Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

One For Those Of Us Of A Certain Age...

Cait

i loved david essex.

Smith and jones.

Bodie and doyle but my very very favourite was the Bay city rollers!!!

A funny tale to tell though!! My friend and I wanted to go and watch them at granada studios in manchester but knew our parents would not let us!!

We told them that we were sleeping over at each others houses and instead went and camped out all night for tickets we were so pleased to be first in the queue and when news at ten filmed us saying'these dedicated fans have queued for many hours' we waved and smilied at the cameras!!!!

Silly girls-we were seen by both sets of parents, relatives and friends galore and although we got tickets we were not allowed to go. I cant beleive I was so bad it definately was the naughtiest thing I ever did!!!

I was a Davy Jones fan too although David Essex's eyes were captivating - and still are!

I can still remember the opening credits and CHiPs and Eric Estrada on his motorbike.

I liked a bit of Bergerac too.

But most of all I loved Fame! I had the LP of Fame songs and played it for hours on end. I reckon I'd still be word perfect.

David Cassidy - listening to crackly radio luxembourg for him singing 'it's one of those nights'

my sister and I were never allowed to go to his concerts BUT we saw him a few years ago - brought back all those teenage feelings/hormones (if you closed your eyes and didn't actually look at him)

Loved David Essex too, but not as much as DC. Have some of his songs on my ipod now!

Kid Curry

Ben Murphy in Butch cassidy & Sundance kid

Hutch

behing the sofa for William Hartnell too!!

Roger

Magpie... (have a badge here still from winning one of their comps... a photo one.. ) Blue Pater used to have too mush 2teaching2 in it for me.. really didn't like the long winded explanations and history lessons etc..

and muffin was definitely before my time.. sorry,

Inge

Reading this has reminded me of Dads phrases while watching things like professionals etc...

" Its coming to the end now they are going up"

and as I watch the occasional rerun it is so true..near the end, during the last chase they always go upwards.. a ladder, a building, etc... and even now I see it happening in new stuff.. near the end the in the chase.. up they go! :o

Edited by Inge

Guest MaryEMac

This thread has brought back so many memories. David Cassidy was all over my wall. Hutch was my favourite as was Eric Estrada in Chips. Also going back a bit it was David McCallum as Ilya Kuryakin in the Man from Uncle.

Mary

Do you remember The Invisible Man then? Haha

Actually, Zebedee and I are enjoying the REALLY OLD Mission Impossible series at the moment as our son bought him the boxes sets for Christmas. Woo - bring on Willie and his muscles - never noticed as a child really!! hahaha

Thanks for Amazon link!

Also going back a bit it was David McCallum as Ilya Kuryakin in the Man from Uncle.

Mary

Do you remember The Invisible Man then? Haha

I'd forgotten all about David McCallum. I never missed an episode of either. Is he still around?

Me and my frond were talking about Joey just a couple of days ago, how strange. The first Joey was the best I thought. The guy in Just good friends was Paul Nicholas, he had a singing career too remember Dancing with the captain?

Who used to watch the Double Deckers?

Man from Uncle.. never missed an episode.. remember going to the 'pictures' with a group of us to see a film too...

David McCallum is still busy..... regularly watch him even now in NCIS..

Bonanaza.. was Dads favourite.. never missed that one.. yes I was happy to watch Little Joe.. and vividly remember 'Hoss' too.

And Paul Nicholas... particularly as Vince... but have seen him several times on stage.. enjoyed him as Barnum..

Magic Roundabout... Zebedee. was my fave in that...

then there were the Wombles... Tobermorey and Uncle Bulgaria..

Moomins...used to read books about them...

Not forgetting.. Worzel Gummage and Catweazle

Inge