Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Continuous Planning

Guest kiran
Hello Everyone

Hope you are all having some rest during the hols. Had two weeks away and now getting into "panic with the paperwork" mode!!!!!!!!

I love this site and get so much help and support by reading eveyones thoughts, ideas, advice etc. At the moment am trying to reorganise my continuous provision sheets in light of the new EYFS and seem to be going round in circles, and not sure if I am on the right lines.

Have pinched the brilliant ideas from the clever people on the forum, got info from local courses and then added my own bits.

Think I have attached one to share???????? and would really, really be grateful for peoples honest opinions of it - before I go ahead and change, update the rest. Is it ok? Do bits read ok? How can I make it better?

Or should I just scrap it and try and find a job in the local supermarket!!!!!!!!

Thanks in anticipation of someones help and advice.

Oh ps forgot to say I work in a special school for children with complex physical, medical and learning needs, so we operate at the earlier end of the developmental matters

Ta

I would like to say hello as this is my first time on the forum, so just finding my way around. I think this is brilliant. Its eye catching and very worth while for all practioners in the class to use thanks kiran

• 2 weeks later...

:o

But having thought about it, I think your headings do make clear links between what they do and the EYFS. Using the four principles might confuse things!

Maz

Hi I'm Vicky, a new user. I'm just looking at my planning for continuous provision and I think that looks great, very easy to work with, thank you. I just wondered if anyone has a format for noting down the enhanced provision?

I've managed to get myself very confused. I'm the only Reception class and whilst I've got my adult initiated sorted I'm stuck on my continual provision - should I just use a general sheet noting down the CP each week or should I also have a format for writing down the enhanced provision, I am confused and the moderator who visited me this term only confused me more and made me panic more.

I would really appreciate any advice.

Thank you

Vicky

Hi Vicky

I could be wrong but your continuous provision is that, continuous and shouldnt need any particular planning once you have acknowledged what it is and what you are doing. I would then note against each area the enhancements that you are making in response to the childrens interests etc. That would also be in your evaluation.

I must admit I get a bit lost with the continuous provision....I love the idea and can understand how it all works but I still feel the need to show on a supporting plan the weeks 'plan' that illustrates the learning outcomes that have been implemented from observations and meetings with individual initials to ensure developmental needs are being met....I know I do a lot...prob too much...but I can't feel ok about simplyfing stuff.....I think I have been brainwashed to produce lots of paperwork and can't get out of it....I am happy with how I do things and can justify why we do it...so that's ok...isn't it?

When I read other posts about less paperwork and continuous provision being a reason why this is happening I begin to doubt myself! xD:o:(

What fantastic people there are on this forum. So generous! I was getting very confused about CP for my F/Yr1/Yr 2 class. Now I feel so much better! Many thanks to all of you for your hard work. Now I can spend my holiday adapting for my 'setting'.

I've managed to get myself very confused. I'm the only Reception class and whilst I've got my adult initiated sorted I'm stuck on my continual provision - should I just use a general sheet noting down the CP each week or should I also have a format for writing down the enhanced provision,

Thank you

Vicky

http://www.durhamlea.org.uk/resources/inde...rd&_Id=1487 weekly area plan to show enhancements

http://www.durhamlea.org.uk/earlyyearsfoundationstage/ look at the long term planning (continuous provision ) which can easily be adapted to show your settings needs.

What fantastic resources everybody! As a teacher new to Reception these resources will be so useful. Thank you so much for making them available!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Just wanted to say a massive thank you for all your help with continous provision, I have been searching for a good template to give me a starter and these are fab!! So much detail and exactly what I wanted but had no clue where to start! I am new to nursery and at the moment continuous planning is done on a weekly basis which seems a lot of repetition and more work when it could be done as long term planning!

Also love the idea of displaying them as this will help the practitioners and also myself as a prompt!

This site is fab and am seeing what people mean about getting addicted, I am on this site all the time, its like checking my emails :o

Thank you x

You lot are amazing - no wonder there's a special forum dedicated for Early Years!! I love it. Thank you for all the CP plans, it's great to look at them and keep or change so it's relevant to my own setting, two heads (or lots) are much better than one! BevL, your plans must have taken you such a long time but they're great.

You lot are amazing - no wonder there's a special forum dedicated for Early Years!! I love it. Thank you for all the CP plans, it's great to look at them and keep or change so it's relevant to my own setting, two heads (or lots) are much better than one! BevL, your plans must have taken you such a long time but they're great.

Thank you Emsie they did take a while, but it's been great that they have been useful to others too!!! Have never had any self confidence, so amazed that I have been able to save a few people a bit of time.

Happy New Term next week and thanks to everyone for a fantastic forum.

Hi Jeanine, First HUGE thankyou for the continuous provision, having the holiday from hell, so these really helped. Secondly, Where did you get the climbing frame from ?? It looks really versatile ( sure thats spelt wrong !). Thanks again.

A huge thank you to all those that have posted their continuous provision plans. I am new to reception, having only ever done KS2 since qualifying 10 years ago, and this site and all you wondeful contributors have made the transition so much less painful. I have taken a bit of everyone's plans and jigged them to suit my setting. Thanks again to all of you lovely people,

Sarah

xxx

A massive thank you from me too! The CP plans are really inspiring and have made me rethink mine which are a bit 'tired'! I am also trying to simplify/cut down on the amount of written planning we do and use the CP plans more...after all, CP seems to be about 90% of what children are involved in throughout the day. At the moment we have CP plans, a weekly plan (but thinking about it, this really duplicates a lot of the CP plans) and one adult-led acitivity plan each day. Is this what others are doing? I was thinking about cutting down on the weekly one, but don't want to leave staff not knowing what they are doing.

As always, any advice welcome! :o

Beehive

I really liked BevL's continuous provision plan for the dough, I wondered if you had others as my TA is new to the FS and I wanted to help start her off with a few ideas esp of the questioning and moving chn on...

Hi all, nearly start of term, where have the hols gone again!!!!! Got bit dispondent with these sheets now, but a few more attached in case someone finds them useful

Happy New Term when it arrives

x

BevL you are a truly wonderful person to do all this work and share thank you so much I just love the way you have done these and with new staff in foundation these will be invlauable.

Emilia

Thank you so much Shiny would really appreciate your comments and anyone elses please. Am not afraid at all off being told if I have got things wrong, or in a muddle. Just want to get things right for my little ones and def missed the queue when self confidence was given out!!!!!!!

Just off now for a walk on the moors with my two dogs, which will hopefully clear my brain!!!!!!

Thanks again

x

That is so good, hope you dont mind but I have downloaded it to, thank you so much...enjoy your walk!

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone tell me if they think I have covered everything I need to. I don't want to be caught out by Ofsted and have tried to make them relevant to my class. Where I have the heading 'Key Learning Opportunities' do you think this should be development matters? Any other words of wisdom gratefull received.

If you download this please tell me what you think, sorry I seem to have downloaded it twice

Hi cjane,

I have had a look at your continuous provision for construction and think it looks pretty good. I am still pretty new to planning and eyfs but you seem to have covered the basics. I particularly like your look, listen and note and 4 areas section as it makes your expectations very clear. I know you up loaded this a while ago but just wanted to let you know I think it looks good and will use your ideas as a template for my provision planning.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:o Thank you so much for these sheets. I am new to the forum and feel I have learnt so much just browsing this morning... and afternoon! I am in my 2nd year of teaching and in a one form entry school so often feel i am talking to a brick wall when it comes to the paperwork side of things. I had a feeling my planning wasn't quite right so now will get it sorted and start back into term 2 much more confident. Thanks so much!

There are nearly 20,000 views to this topic.

WOW

This is definately a good measure of how the EYFS has impacted on practice and moreso a very good measure of how the FSF members are soooooo successful in sharing GOOD PRACTICE.

Well done everyone, have a great holiday break, especially now you've got some 'saved time' thanks to everyone who has shared their hard work in producing these fantastic CP plans. :o

It's great to see that practitioners across all sectors have found these so useful.

Peggy

• 2 months later...

Having had no need to look at this thread originally, I didnt appriciate just how fab the resources were - are.

Playgroup are looking at their planning and I thought I could give them a few examples from here.

Thank you to everyone who contributed, not just the sheets but the comments too, these are a massive help. :oxD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)