Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Continuous Planning

I have laminated mine and stuck them on the wall as close to the area as possible. They are two a4 pages long for each area- one side how provision in that area meets the principles and commitments from the EYFS, and the other page things like key resources/vocab/prompts for staff etc. So I have laminated them back to back and just display the side that has prompts etc for my TA's and other staff. The commitments/principles are there for 'O' more than me to look at on a daily basis!

Hello

Done a few more continuous planning sheets in all that spare time I have!!!!!!! If only????? If they are any use feel free to use them, if not use them for note making, making planes etc!!!! Again criticisms, comments, advice, help etc is always gratefull received.

Take Care

x

BOOK_AREA__C_PROV.doc

DOUGH__C_PROV.doc

ICT__C_PROV.doc

SAND__C_PROV.doc

WATER__C_PROV.doc

Looks like we are all dealing with continous planning. Thanks for examples both here and on other thread. Our LA Essex wants us to plan against the 4 principles showing how you plan for each commitment. They have space in the middle for provision,experiences, routines. I don't have it in electronic form but the blank and a set produced by a preschool are in the early years staffroom on www.e-gfl.org

I hope to have a go but think may need extra sheet for some of the details???

Hello

Done a few more continuous planning sheets in all that spare time I have!!!!!!! If only????? If they are any use feel free to use them, if not use them for note making, making planes etc!!!! Again criticisms, comments, advice, help etc is always gratefull received.

Take Care

x

Bev, thank you so much for letting us all share your hard work. They are very well set out and informative.

Thank you

Jessica

Looks like we are all dealing with continous planning. Thanks for examples both here and on other thread. Our LA Essex wants us to plan against the 4 principles showing how you plan for each commitment. They have space in the middle for provision,experiences, routines. I don't have it in electronic form but the blank and a set produced by a preschool are in the early years staffroom on www.e-gfl.org

I hope to have a go but think may need extra sheet for some of the details???

Link for Planning mentioned

Inge

hi what a fab site getting some fantastic info to support my planning so glad i found you! Don't know how to make a link but the Durham site has some good ideas for continuous provision which i have been using. Maybe helpful for others.

BevL Thanks for a great resource. Korkycat

Hi BevL,

Thanks for all the fantastic planning sheets which you have added they will be really useful for September. Hope you have also been able to have a break during the last few weeks. I go back to school a week tomorrow and can't believe how quickly the hoiliday has flown by.

Thanks again

Nicky Sussex xD:(:o

Thank you so much for these. I am currently working on mine at the moment and have used yours as a starting point. They have saved me so much time and also helped to get my head around it all too.

:o

Thanks Bev I used yours as a template and adpated it were I felt i needed to. If anyone can offer any advice that would be great. I added some bits from Durham site as I thought they were quite useful. Although I can't see myself getting this done by next week, haven't even started planning yet, but then not even sure if you're supposed to now??

Cont_pro.doc

Hi, just had quick look at this, and think it's fab! Appears simple and user friendly and think it would be a really good access to the curriculum for support staff. Will def be showing this about next week in school, and promise to give u the credit. Thank u for sharing it and have more confidence in yourself!! :o

Thanks for sharing such a great sheet - easy to adapt across the FS range!

I suppose you could add the 4 Ps at then end of a box, in brackets maybe? Such as in Effective Practice box, add in (the above links to EYFS Learning and Development Principles and Positive Relationships ) - or does that look too contrived?

Some Ofsted Inspectors do need things spelling out though, or they don't make the link and assume you haven't either! This year I think we will all have to be on our toes demonstrating that we know as much as possible if we get the big O visit - it will certainly be top of their (hidden) agenda - ooh am I SO cynical?!

Jennim

Looks great to me - just a quick question - slightly related - should we have these up in all areas, or is it personal choice. My previous school had some, my current has none - just wondering if I should be creating my own/ using the fab ones on here.

Em

Thanks for your advice Jennim, not quite sure what you mean though. Sorry I think my brain is fried now. If you could elaborate that would be great or feel free to change my example. Just feel so paranoid about it all and we are expecting Ofsted any time.

Hi just been looking at this strand and am posting my continous provision file. I have these laminated and display them in the classroom in each area. They are a combination of various other versions adapted to suit my school and needs. If you haven't already done them please feel free to use or adapt and use these.

continuous_provision.doc

sorry to confuse you! it sounded clear in my world!! What I think I meant was that you could add links to the relevant principles somewhere in one of the boxes - either next to the title or at the bottom of the box. Any clearer??? Thought not!

If I have time I'll do an example - at the mo I should be rearranging my classroom again! Did it all at the beginning of the holiday but someone has put it all back how it used to be - AAAAAGH!!!!

Jennim

Caspar, as ours are quite similar do you understand Jennim's advice?

Sorry cjane I don't understand either - hopefully Jennim will give an example!

Thank you everyone for sharing these. I will definitely be using them. One quick question though as I am slightly confused. In my stp for focus activities do I need to identify the 4 principles or is it enough that they have been identified on the continuous provision sheets?

Thank you once again everyone :o

Some Ofsted Inspectors do need things spelling out though, or they don't make the link and assume you haven't either! This year I think we will all have to be on our toes demonstrating that we know as much as possible if we get the big O visit - it will certainly be top of their (hidden) agenda - ooh am I SO cynical?!

Seem to have missed this before. When I was teaching I always told my students to assume I knew nothing about how pre-schools operate, and to make their knowledge very clear in their assignments. I asked them to imagine I wasn't listening and they had to literally hit me over the head and say "look how clever I am, I really know my stuff!".

Its not a bad way to think of Mrs Ofsted: although it does mean an awful lot of extra work... :o Although I have to say that when I have spent a long time working on something and have gone into a lot of detail, I am often much better at explaining and/or justifying it later! xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)