Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Continuous Planning

Can someone tell me if they think I have covered everything I need to. I don't want to be caught out by Ofsted and have tried to make them relevant to my class. Where I have the heading 'Key Learning Opportunities' do you think this should be development matters? Any other words of wisdom gratefull received.

If you download this please tell me what you think, sorry I seem to have downloaded it twice

Continous_Provision_construction.doc

Continous_Provision_construction.doc

Edited by Guest

Reluctant to 'buy' anything when I spent money buying Handa's Surprise resources from a site recommened on the forum to then find it free on TES :o (by the same person) I really like some of the resources offered but its put me off purchasing from her again.

I say check out this forum and TES first

I say check out this forum and TES first

I can't answer for TES but I'd definitely agree biccy: the resources available here are very high quality indeed.

The site has some interesting stuff, but unlike sparklebox you can't actually see what it looks like before you buy. A bit of a drawback for me I'm afraid. I downloaded a couple of the free resources but they seem somewhat basic and certainly up to the standard we have come to expect from resources Forum members kindly share. :o

Am now hoping this site isn't the baby of a Forum member who I have now insulted... apologies if so! xD

Hello

Done a few more continuous planning sheets in all that spare time I have!!!!!!! If only????? If they are any use feel free to use them, if not use them for note making, making planes etc!!!! Again criticisms, comments, advice, help etc is always gratefull received.

Take Care

x

I feel you have saved me hours of work with these. Thank you for sharing, you are very kind and helpful :o Oh and by the way how does everyone get those lovely moving pics at the side of their name. I would like one too!!!!

Please could someone offer me some advice, I am feeling very worried that my link is being downloaded and nobody has made any comments. Good or bad I really don't mind. I feel like I am in a thick fog and just need a little direction.

Please could someone offer me some advice, I am feeling very worried that my link is being downloaded and nobody has made any comments. Good or bad I really don't mind. I feel like I am in a thick fog and just need a little direction.

Yep 52 people have downloaded your resource, I won't comment because I'm not working with or familiar with the EYFS, but just wanted to emphasise your request.

So, any of the 52 downloaders who have now had time to look at and review these documents, what do you think?

Peggy

Guest AlisonE
Can someone tell me if they think I have covered everything I need to. I don't want to be caught out by Ofsted and have tried to make them relevant to my class. Where I have the heading 'Key Learning Opportunities' do you think this should be development matters? Any other words of wisdom gratefull received.

If you download this please tell me what you think, sorry I seem to have downloaded it twice

Your ideas look great to me. I feel quite overwhelmed at the moment, about planning for this term, and have beem looking at various downloads and web links, trying to get my thoughts into order !!

I really appreciate everyone's input and generosity, and have the greatest admiration for all of you who have developed your own formats. Thank you very much for sharing them!

Alison

Hi cjane

Having looked, used and adapted some of the continuous provision that the have been shared on the forum over the last few weeks or is it months!! (for which I want to say a big thankyou to everyone who has posted they have been a huge help and I now think what we are doing is on the right tracks.)

Your continuous provision looks good to me The format is very similar to what we have settled on using so I dont think you need to worry and I hope your fog is starting to clear. The only difference is we are using the heading 'areas of development' and do not have ELG box but we are a playgroup not a school.

Hope that was helpful :o

I am really grateful to all the people who have provided such immense help and information on this forum. New to being a manager and doing my degree time is something in short supply at the moment and I apprecite all help thank you to eveyone. What I would like to ask is, as this is other peoples work do I have permission to use this so long as they get the credit.

The continuous provision shetts are fabulous, I had started mine during the holidays but a spell in hospital put an end to it so I didnt get them finished. I would apprecite your advice, thank you in advance

Killowengirl

cjane Your continuous provision sheets look great. I wouldnt worry too much about changing your headings at the moment. I am trying to sort out my CP info at the moment and I am starting at a new school so I am not sure about all the resources they have available! I have decided to do what I think is best and then laminate them for the areas. If I choose to change or add anything at a later date I can do it with a permanent pen, then eventually I will re print them. This shows (I think!) that things are evolving and is visible to anyone that comes in. :-)

If they are any use to anyone... These are my continuous provision sheets..I have used the Durham Lea ones as a starting point.

Indoors only at the moment.

I think thats all of them got interuppted when uploading them :)

These are great. You have worked really hard. Do have you have one for the Literacy area? Lindsey

Hi just been looking at this strand and am posting my continous provision file. I have these laminated and display them in the classroom in each area. They are a combination of various other versions adapted to suit my school and needs. If you haven't already done them please feel free to use or adapt and use these.

Hi Caspar

I'm having trouble reading your continous provision file. It's coming up with musical notes in the headings. Do you know what I should do or does anybody else for that matters?

Thanks for posting your file it must have taken you a long time to do!

Hi Caspar

I'm having trouble reading your continous provision file. It's coming up with musical notes in the headings. Do you know what I should do or does anybody else for that matters?

Thanks for posting your file it must have taken you a long time to do!

Gosh, I am no help whatsoever - it comes up fine for me. Could it be to do with the font? Try changing it to another font and see if that makes a difference.

Thank you all for so many examples of long term planning through continuous provision. I downloaded one of the examples, edited it to apply to our setting, and have now introduced the system to staff. Now I can't find the original document to find out how to add other areas, as I do not have areas of sand and water. Can anyone help? It's the one which begins with each area of development, adding each Key Commitment it relates to, then goes on to Long Term Continuous Provision, set out within the Key Commitment boxes. It lists the related ELG's, Adult Role, Look, Listen and Note, etc....

I have spent hours trying to locate it in the resources library, and in earlier forums.

P.S. How do I change my Log in name?

Thanks!

some special people inhabit this forum....................thankyou, all of you for sharing your talents and time with us lesser mortals! I am in a state of flux at the moment and can't get on with things (something other than EYFS worrying me!) and you have saved me so much time and worry with your kind sharing.Thankyou, I have adapted and chopped where i needed to, which in fact was very little............angels, the lot of you xx

Hello

Done a few more continuous planning sheets in all that spare time I have!!!!!!! If only????? If they are any use feel free to use them, if not use them for note making, making planes etc!!!! Again criticisms, comments, advice, help etc is always gratefull received.

Take Care

x

Hi there, first time posting any replies so bear with me! These planning sheets are fantastic and just what we need. We have just moved premises and dealing with implementing EYFS as well as all the stress of an imminent Ofsted inspection and we are all starting to panic a bit!!

So I put my hand up for research etc as usual. Just hope they appreciate my mediocre help - compared to all your hard work!!!

Thank you so much for your generosity and time!!

A warm welcome to Emma28 and DaisyB too xD

Glad you are enjoying what you've found so far, you've certainly found the right place for everything Early Years, plus lots more. Addiction will follow shortly (if not already :o ) :(

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)