Jump to content
Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

zigzag

FSF Member
  • Posts

    1,805
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    296

Everything posted by zigzag

  1. I’d forgotten they used to do two mornings! At the end of the day it all comes down to the individual inspector, they all seem to want/look for different things. I’ve just come to the conclusion we can do our best but what will be will be!
  2. Thank you so much for sharing, it’s lovely to read what a positive experience you had. I only hope ours goes as smoothly when it finally happens! I love that you offered her a lift to the station! The last time we were inspected (when it was with no warning) and very overdue. The inspector walked in and we had her the last time and I hugged her! I literally threw my arms around her and hugged her just with the relief of it finally happening! I have NEVER been allowed to live it down by my staff and they still take the mickey out of me about it. Luckily she had a sense of humour and I think understood!
  3. Louby Lou, so glad that you have that over and done with. Is it weird to say that I am envious? I hope it was a good experience for you, maybe when you have collected your thoughts and feel better you can share some of it. Hope you have a relaxing weekend now. Xx This week at school has been nice and not as bad as I was fearing. My Dad has not been having a good week and when you see what him and Mum are going through it puts everything into perspective. Very pleased to say that he is now much better and on an even keel again. We usually are shut on Thursday mornings but had to swap our Friday session this week as the school had workmen coming in to check for asbestos before the new fire alarm system goes in. They expected us to be running whilst the men were doing this! Can you imagine the carnage! We are in the old Victorian building, so has it very high ceilings so very tall ladders would be needed and I know quite a few of my children would have thought this was a great challenge! Also the building is so decrepit that I fear what may actually happen when they start poking around! Seriously, I would not have been surprised to receive an email today to say that it was unfit for purpose. I await the results of the asbestos test with bated breath! Hope everyone has a lovely weekend, enjoy the fireworks if you are going. Xx
  4. Exactly the same! We just have a couple of parents who can make life hell if they don’t get their own way, you sum it up perfectly with they feel entitled and this is just what it is. Like you we have been expecting Ofsted for ages (last inspected 2014) I was so het up about it but like you I now think “this is us, the kids love us, the parents (mostly) think we are great, the children are happy, safe and progressing what more can we do. I now have a case of the “F**k ems) not just to Ofsted but to everyone. I’ve spent 19 years giving this job my everything and at the end of the day who cares? The expectations and pressure just increase and whatever we do is never good enough. Especially it seems in the government’s eyes.
  5. I did a tiny bit of work on Monday but since then absolutely nothing! I think I have reached the same conclusion as you Louby that nothing matters in the end! I have never in 19 years NOT wanted to return to school more than I do now. I am dreading Monday and that really isn’t like me at all. Anyway, it going to think about that until Monday morning. My husbands just home from working away all week so am going to try and switch off from worrying about work. Have a lovely weekend all. Xx
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)