Jump to content
Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

zigzag

FSF Member
  • Posts

    1,805
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    297

Everything posted by zigzag

  1. I call him a lot worse, he’s used to it!
  2. Couldn’t agree with you more! I will tell him.
  3. The usual week here. Monday had my grandson for the day (best day of the week) then picked him up from nursery at lunchtime on Wednesday and had him for a couple of hours. Work is the usual but slowing up a bit now on the changeovers which is a welcome relief! Mum is doing ok, mood has been good this week! Back to all her clubs and groups which has helped enormously. No change in the face of the eye but is now drinking without having to use a straw which is great progress. Have done some lovely dog walks in this gorgeous weather this week, long may it continue. Poor mr S! Tell him to sort himself out and get normal growing eye lashes! Hope his eye recovers quickly! My husbands refusing ti have his flu jab as is convinced he will be poorly for two weeks afterwards. Trying to persuade him that they offer it to his age group for a reason and he’s damn lucky to be offered it! Watch this space… Have a great weekend all. Xx
  4. Well done Sunnyday. Xx
  5. Hi all. Nothing exciting here either this week. Although blessed with some lovely weather. Just off to take the car in for an MOT and that’s about as exciting as it gets! Am going out for roast on Sunday though. Have a lovely weekend all.
  6. Pen behind the ear and tape measure in hand muttering to himself?
  7. Sunnyday, I have a husband that has two big bloody sheds in the garden and they are still not big enough! He also has a winch house on the beach and then built another bloody shed next to it to store the tractor and kayaks! His dream is to have a boat workshop big enough to put the boat in over winter! This dream is also encouraged by my son! I feel your pain. Xx
  8. Not exciting news to report from down here! Grandson had a good first and second morning at nursery so very happy with that. For someone who worked in childcare for over 30 years I was on tenterhooks all morning! (Really should know better) My brother and his wife have been down this week which has been lovely for Mum. Couple of weeks ago I was at my cottage changeover and thought there was a strange smell in the sitting room, opened the drawer in the coffee table to find a bowl of mouldy, stinking grated cheese!! In the bloody coffee table! 🤯 It was the last straw, and I thought I don’t need this 💩 in my life and handed my notice in! (Very rash for me) I haven’t loved this season, the people have been more demanding, more disgusting and trying to keep the expensive John Lewis white bedding pristine has been a never ending battle. I feel very relieved that I have passed the job to someone else! So enjoying a very relaxed Friday for a change! Hope everyone is well and those back at school are still happy! Have a good weekend all.
  9. Oh my, can’t believe I missed last weeks register call! Glad everyone is ok and all those back to school are having a good start back. Thank you for asking about Mum. She is no better and no worse. The eye still will not shut which is probably the biggest problem. She manages about half a day by using eye drops then has to put a patch on as it is so uncomfortable. The face droop is the same and showing no signs of improvement yet at all. She has started back to some of her clubs and activities which is brilliant for her mental health although she had a huge meltdown at the weekend but has got a grip again now. MY brother and his wife are visiting this week so that’s giving her a boost as well. My grandson celebrated his first birthday last week, where does the time go? It literally blows my mind that he is 1! He has his first day at nursery tomorrow! It’s my old pre-school where they now do day care and babies! I’m collecting him at 1pm as I felt it was a long day until 4pm for his first day. My daughter in law was so relieved when I offered, she is very nervous about leaving him with anyone that is not us Nana’s and Granny’s! walking along the canal sounds blissful. Although I’m spoiled with beaches, cliff tops and countryside!
  10. Was coming here to report that!
  11. Thank you, you are very kind. Xx
  12. She had a bad weekend with pain and it really dragged her down. But that has stopped now thank goodness. She still cannot shut her eye, so is off to an eye clinic tomorrow, hopefully they can make it comfortable for her. The face paralysis is no worse, so now have to wait and see what recovery might be. She is also exhausted and for the first time ever is showing her ninety years. It’s so blooming sad as she was doing so well. I actually had to take her for a scan of her heart today, totally unrelated to all this. The man doing the scan said her heart is very strong and he sees people in their 50s and 60s who don’t have such a good heart.
  13. Glad to hear that Sunnyday. Thought of you when Cranbrook were on the news this morning and hoped it wasn’t your area.
  14. Late again, sorry. I feel for you all in the intense heat. I can’t take what we have down here and we are on the coast and quite a few degrees cooler than most. Since hitting a certain age I just can’t tolerate the heat and seem to spend my life dripping with sweat or showering! I haven’t been able to be outside too much and my skin is now paler than the beginning of summer! I know in a couple of months I’m going to do nothing but complain about the rain but I wish we had some now! I’ve kept my tomatoes and peppers watered and the pots but the front garden has had to go without, it’s looking so sad. So glad I didn’t do the vegetable garden this year, it would have taken so much work to keep it going. The eclipse was good down here, not nearly as good as 99 though, that was truly jaw dropping. Sunnyday I hope your water situation is soon sorted, it’s not nice being without water. Froglet I wish I was your friend! The things you make sound so lovely. Well it’s been a bit of a week here, my poor mum got Bell’s palsy last weekend. Which was very frightening. But the paramedics and out of hours service were fabulous. She’s been so poorly. She reckons in nearly 91 years it’s the worst illness she has ever had. Hoping the worst is now over and we can see what recovery will look like. Have a good week, hope cooler temperatures find everyone and all remain safe and well.
  15. Sunnyday, I’m not sure if they are having problems with the water in their area. I know they have been on a hosepipe ban for quite a while. They are in chelsfield and sevonoaks. Our ban started today! No wonder with the amount of visitors currently in Cornwall, we just don’t have capacity to deal with the extra. Glad I filled my water butt with the hose yesterday! We need to order oil before winter but trying to hold off as long as we can but before the price goes up even more! It’s a fine line. Froglet so glad you have your room cleared, but it did make me giggle that your bath is now full. Hope you have a lovely time with your niece. Louby Lou I salute anyone that has raised girls! The thought of that gives me the chills!
  16. Oh no. Poor you. Hope it’s not too long term the disruption.
  17. Froglet what about putting them on marketplace for free. Thats what I do. Just got rid of a computer chair and filing cabinet this way.
  18. They sound very cheeky Sunnyday! Nothing interesting to report from this end either. Only to say how much I despair of some people. On arrival at my holiday cottage this morning to find bright yellow stains over the pillows of one of the beds, I literally have no idea what to was. It’s taken an afternoon of soaking in vanish and bleach to get rid of it. Also either lucozade or vomit over the bedroom carpet! Not nice. I don’t care how much they pay for the week it does not give them the right to treat it this way. Rant over!! Have a lovely weekend all. X
  19. Sounds like they are trying to pull a fast one Sunnyday! Let’s hope they come back with a sensible offer. Froglet and louby enjoy your time off, I’m sure it will go far too quickly for you both. I managed to squeeze tomorrows changeover into today, then people are leaving a day early tomorrow so can squeeze that in and have a whole day off on Sunday! Bliss. Have a lovely weekend all.
  20. Had to share this, my family are down from Kent and we had an evening on the beach last night, complete with sausages and marshmallows on the fire pit. This is four generations of us swimming. And my dog of course! ❤️
  21. Your comment made me chuckle! Poor love was scorching by the time she got to the harbour! The beard and wig quickly came off. Really not dignified for a 90 year old 🤣🤣
  22. Congratulations Louby Lou, hope you have the best break and can shut off and relax. I’m off to do a changeover and a village hall clean today and will no doubt be a puddle of sweat within 30 minutes! Have family coming down from Kent today so looking forward to a get together tomorrow. Tonight is the next village overs carnival. My grandson is going as part of the baby group and they have made a tractor trailer to fit around his pram (thank you to Nana for saving the day with how to fix it!) some pre-school skills are never lost! And my mum is going as part of her seniors group as a bearded lady! So should be fun! Have a great weekend all.
  23. I bet it just means the world to her that you are both there. Xx
  24. I third you with the heat! It’s unbearable and I know we are not nearly as hot as up country. I did a changeover this morning and literally had to peel all my clothes off and get in a cold shower when I got home. Not enjoying it at all, too hot to go outside or do anything. Have had two sea swims this week but there are so many jellyfish it’s not pleasant! So many different sorts this year as well. My woofer had her operation yesterday and all is well, thank goodness. Except my bank balance is £900 lighter! Sunnyday get your England flags out, you never know when a miracle might happen! Enjoy your granddaughters end of year performance. Scary how quickly time goes. Froglet your dinner sounds scrummy and perfect for this weather. Keep cool everyone and have a lovely weekend.
  25. He will be 10 months on the 11th. It’s just ridiculous how fast it’s going. Louby they certainly are a complete joy, my heart just literally fills when I look at him. Didn’t think I would feel this kind of love again since having my boys, but by golly I do. Dreading Thursday, not sure who is going to be the biggest wreck me or her! 🫣 Out on our adventures on Monday!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)