Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Enter if you’ve washed your hands

Mouseketeer

I have told parents that we will refuse entry to anyone with a temperature or new cough. I have also pleaded with parents to keep poorly children at home (those who would normally be sent in with a bad cold etc). I for one am glad we only have this week left.  The advice in this country seems so, so muddled. Stay healthy everyone and keep washing those hands xx

• Like 3

Breaking news!

Never listen to a word I say :ph34r: it would seem that Boris and co have no intention of closing schools anytime soon

Have spoken to our local Primary head today - she is super stressed and said "this Government need to make the decision to close schools and quick"

It's really difficult. we can go fine paying staff up to Easter if we closed now.  I'm worried about if we have to close summer term without funding- I've had the 'chat' with staff today.

We're a more 'mature' staff,  and our (slightly) younger members have elderly parents. We're all a tad worried.

26 minutes ago, louby loo said:

It's really difficult. we can go fine paying staff up to Easter if we closed now.  I'm worried about if we have to close summer term without funding- I've had the 'chat' with staff today.

We're a more 'mature' staff,  and our (slightly) younger members have elderly parents. We're all a tad worried.

Yes we have had exactly the same 'chat' today

52 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

Have to say that many of us will go out of business if we are forced to close... i am happy to be open currently but i dont have any elderly or infirm relatives to worry about:ph34r:

Oh no fm would you really 'go out of business' if funding was still paid although closed :(

11 minutes ago, zigzag said:

What are everyone’s plans for a closure with regard to wages?

If funding continues my staff will be on full wages - I realise that I am in a different position to lots of our lovely forum friends in that I don't have any fee payers at this time

That is what I am planning on doing (sod the committee) We have very few paying in the summer term. Those that do pay will not be required to pay. Just wondering if the school may see fit not to change us rent if we close!🤣 I cannot believe we have heard nothing from LEA about funding, have just emailed them and will wait and see.

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Oh no fm would you really 'go out of business' if funding was still paid although closed :(

Im ok at the moment and we have some reserves but there will be others around here who will go under. We do have funded children but i dont make money from them only the fees

• Like 1

3 hours ago, playgroup1 said:

Has anyone heard from LA's about payment of FEEE if settings close?

We finally heard from our county today (Dorset) who are not clawing back anything from the rest of spring term and we will be funded for Summer Term also (with no claw back for that either)...which is good news and almost covers staff wages on FP, we can think about what we will do regards fee payers now, we have also been asked to take chn from other providers if their normal settings are closed and we have space.

just saw on the news that USA have closed all schools today, will we follow soon or be asked to stay open through Easter Hols to help out 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

We haven't heard from the LA despite numerous emails.

We would close if we lost our fee payers' income.  I have had parents in tears this morning - everyone is so worried and sleep deprived, we're all emotional wrecks.

My deputy and I have just had a big cry and feel better.  She has been with me since we opened in 2004 and said "If we're going down, we'll all go together" and that just finished me off.

I'm a problem-solver and a planner and I can't do either.  I feel so helpless, but I'm so determined not to be beaten by this.

Sending love to everyone on the forum.  Keep you Early Years chins up!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stargrower said:

I'm a problem-solver and a planner and I can't do either.  I feel so helpless, but I'm so determined not to be beaten by this.

Sending love to everyone on the forum.  Keep you Early Years chins up!

I identify with being a problem solver and a planner - I am finding the uncertainty hard to cope with

Sending that love right back to you Stargrower :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zigzag said:

I had a reply from my funding today saying that they are waiting for the higher management to make a decision which will hopefully be today.  I do not understand what is taking them so long.

Really there should be absolutely no question about funding in my humble - surely the summer terms have been budgeted for already

53 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Really there should be absolutely no question about funding in my humble - surely the summer terms have been budgeted for already

i would absolutely agree the funding is NOT their money it is ours. Speak to an MP!! (if they aren't off sick)

Pubs and restaurants are to get up to £25000 grant...……………... No talk about grants for nurseries. 

My thoughts on this are is that they will offer us a grant but not yet. If they do it now some nurseries will close now as they will get the grant and funding, and that's their concern.

They need us now to stay open so Doctors, nurses etc can continue to work, if they want us to stay open for longer then look after us!!!!!

They talk about help with statutory sick pay, none of my staff are sick so will continue to be on full wages if we close. 

I own my nursery but rent the premises, I am concerned for my business but also my staff. I want to be able to pay them if we close. 

• Like 1