Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Enter if you’ve washed your hands

Mouseketeer

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

nomski is this the situation that you find yourself in?

I think you would need to speak to your LA

Child might be sent to a 'hub' setting with one of your staff as keyworker

This one child will work out to be very expensive to my company🤔a full wage to one of my staff that I have already laid off work and will need to tell her to return😬

4 hours ago, nomski100 said:

This one child will work out to be very expensive to my company🤔a full wage to one of my staff that I have already laid off work and will need to tell her to return😬

You do NOT have to open for one child. You can send her to a hub with your LEA you may need to support her at first (although apparently this may be waivered if settled)  the NAHT has done a tweet tonight which is great...do share if you can exlaining the issues

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

You do NOT have to open for one child. You can send her to a hub with your LEA you may need to support her at first (although apparently this may be waivered if settled)  the NAHT has done a tweet tonight which is great...do share if you can exlaining the issues

Never heard of NAHT  but just went on there website. Where would I find that part?? 😬 As I was told a member of staff has to stay all the time at the HUB with the child. 

11 hours ago, nomski100 said:

Never heard of NAHT  but just went on there website. Where would I find that part?? 😬 As I was told a member of staff has to stay all the time at the HUB with the child. 

Go on their twitter page ...search NAHT (national association of head teachers) 

My feeling is that today will be a huge learning curve. Hubs will realise that having staff from all over the place is unworkable and quite frankly dangerous and children will find this incredibly difficult. If your member of staff is working then she will need full pay but your other staff should be covered for 80%by the retention scheme if this is a funded child you are still receiving funding and if not the parents should still be paying . 

• Like 2

Those of you who are managers of committee run settings can you give me an idea on what’s happening in your settings regards ‘furloughing‘ staff please?

- Are you being ‘furloughed’ too? my committee are mainly  a fundraising committee and I’m extremely worried how/who is going to do all the admin type jobs that will still need doing (payroll & funding to name 2 biggies), they aren’t going away just because we’re closed.

- If you will receive adequate income from funding retention and other incentives you could now be entitled to claim are staff still being paid the other 20%?

Thanks

Edited by Mouseketeer

Hi

EDIT just reread your post and we are not committee run so apologies if this isn’t relevant

I’m going to write to my staff today to officially furlough them; my accountant has just sent me a template which I’ll edit as necessary. I’m thinking I will furlough myself as well although we are a limited company and my income is mostly dividend (when we have enough income to pay it!) so that 80%  won’t go far in my case but it’s better than the proverbial eye-poke. 
I’m also going to work out before I send the letters, whether the income is going to be enough to make up the other 20% - if it is then I will pay that so staff will get their full wages. My staff work varying hours and I think the 80% is meant to be based on the average pay between December and February so I will need to work that out too.

Edited by anju
  • Like 1

Just a little word of caution on furlough which the government haven't sent infomration on yet (well hadn't yesterday) that those people on probation or under two years service (potentially) may not be covered. . My husband was trying to get clarification on this but i don't think they've got the info yet. I would check before completing wages as it may be difficult to reclaim if paid out. 

• Like 2

It’s still not clear if staff will paybtax/ national insurance on the 80%. 

If they are not I will pay extra 7% to staff as this will make their normal wage. 

Being a limited company too, I have read that one person needs to be still ‘working’ so one director can not be furloughed. 

We are loosing out on the fee paying children but then the government is paying our staff. We still have the funding money to pay the other bills so I’m not ready to ‘sink’ yet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nomski100 said:

It’s still not clear if staff will paybtax/ national insurance on the 80%. 

If they are not I will pay extra 7% to staff as this will make their normal wage. 

Being a limited company too, I have read that one person needs to be still ‘working’ so one director can not be furloughed. 

We are loosing out on the fee paying children but then the government is paying our staff. We still have the funding money to pay the other bills so I’m not ready to ‘sink’ yet. 

Hadn't even thought of that..there always needs to be someone to act on the behalf of the company doesn't there. Every time i think i've got the info something crops up! 

this months wages shouldn't be effected though should they..it will come in from the beginning of april?

Edited by finleysmaid
  • Like 1

My accountant has stated that the government will pay 80% from 1st March and that he will be adding a note on staffs wageslip stating this. He is preparing a letter for staff with regards to furloughed. 

So I will pay my staff 100% this month and hope we get back 80%🤔.

You accountants should be advising you all on pay. 

Edited by nomski100
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nomski100 said:

My accountant has stated that the government will pay 80% from 1st March and that he will be adding a note on staffs wageslip stating this. He is preparing a letter for staff with regards to furloughed. 

You accountants should be advising you all on pay. 

Accountant has to claim money back but can’t do this until governent sets up system which isn’t going to happen until late April. 

• Like 1

I have somehow missed lots of this thread and just caught up (I've had that thing that sometimes happens where you can only see one or two new threads)

We have had a week of keyworker children and vulnerable children and are numbers have gradually dwindled to the point that we have three children in.  I had to make the decision to close which we will do at 6pm tomorrow. I feel like we put up a really good fight but it wasn't to be.

All my staff will be furloughed.  I am self-amployed so am awaiting the chancellor's announcement this afternoon.

Such difficult, sad and stressful times.  Socially distanced hugs to everyone. 

• Like 2

Does anyone know if we will get supplements (i.e. deprivation supplements and EYPP) as well as the base rate of EYFE funding for the period we are closed? This makes a difference to whether I will be able to top up the 20%.

Would it vary by local authority?

2 hours ago, Stargrower said:

I have somehow missed lots of this thread and just caught up (I've had that thing that sometimes happens where you can only see one or two new threads)

We have had a week of keyworker children and vulnerable children and are numbers have gradually dwindled to the point that we have three children in.  I had to make the decision to close which we will do at 6pm tomorrow. I feel like we put up a really good fight but it wasn't to be.

All my staff will be furloughed.  I am self-amployed so am awaiting the chancellor's announcement this afternoon.

Such difficult, sad and stressful times.  Socially distanced hugs to everyone. 

Oh Stargrower you certainly did your best - a huge hug for you x

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nomski100 said:

This is what I’m wanting my committee to agree too, there is no reason what so ever why they won’t be able to afford it ...far from in fact, I will then continue my admin roles as a voluntary committee member.

• Like 1

Public sector organisations

The government expects that the scheme will not be used by many public sector organisations, as the majority of public sector employees are continuing to provide essential public services or contribute to the response to the coronavirus outbreak.

Where employers receive public funding for staff costs, and that funding is continuing, we expect employers to use that money to continue to pay staff in the usual fashion – and correspondingly not furlough them. This also applies to non-public sector employers who receive public funding for staff costs.

This is what it says in the Gov.UK guidance for furloughing staff (26/3/2020). Does this include FEEE funding? I don't know who to check it with. Don't have an accountant - do it all myself. If anybody has had this clarified or knows how to, help please.

Thanks

• Like 1

This from the NDNA sounds like it's less clear...

Concerns exists about how any childcare funding from government sources might impact on eligibility for the scheme and NDNA is raising this urgently with the UK and devolved governments.

Purnima Tanuku OBE, Chief Executive of NDNA, said: “We have seen the new guidance from the Government in relation to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme. This will at least give businesses some more clarity about how the scheme will work although questions still remain about annual leave and the flexibility nurseries will need to be able to stay open.

“We are very concerned about references to those that receive public funding to provide services necessary in the response to COVID-19 been expected not to furlough staff. I have requested urgent clarification from the Treasury, Department for Education and devolved governments in relation to income providers may receive from funded childcare schemes. This does not cover providers’ costs but may compromise their eligibility for accessing the job retention support for their staff. 

https://www.ndna.org.uk/NDNA/News/Latest_news/2020/New_information_published_on_Coronavirus_Job_Retention_Scheme.aspx

On 19/03/2020 at 20:27, zigzag said:

Have you seen these that the Tapestry education team are putting together? They are great and we will definitely be sharing all of them with our parents as the weeks go on.   Thank you Tapestry team😀

Week-One.jpg

This is great. Is there one for week 2 you could share?