Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer holiday 2018

sunnyday

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

I've achieved zilch :/. Well I tell a lie- I made myself a passport cover. (sounds expressive- trust me it's not!)

I made myself a nice little workstation outside, in the shade with a very slight breeze.......then the farmer decided to harvest the field next to us >:( had to abandon due to dust/hay storm. 

Oh dear louby - the heat must have got to you - you are repeating things now xD

• Haha 1

Well I made some space in the shed! All the leftover books that we didn’t sell on our fundraising stalls have now been collected and will be sold to raise money for the food bank.  Got a few things updated and laminated some name labels.  I am nearly done (I think)

Had a lovely trip out on the boat yesterday, thankfully we had a bit of coastal cloud so made the temperature just perfect for most of the trip.  Then for the last hour the sun was blazing resulting in me having very sunburned knees🤭 

Starting Slimming world tomorrow, wish me luck.  Lost two stone with Weight watchers a few years back but it all came back to find me again😏 So starting again!🤐

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Well I made some space in the shed! All the leftover books that we didn’t sell on our fundraising stalls have now been collected and will be sold to raise money for the food bank.  Got a few things updated and laminated some name labels.  I am nearly done (I think)

Had a lovely trip out on the boat yesterday, thankfully we had a bit of coastal cloud so made the temperature just perfect for most of the trip.  Then for the last hour the sun was blazing resulting in me having very sunburned knees🤭 

Starting Slimming world tomorrow, wish me luck.  Lost two stone with Weight watchers a few years back but it all came back to find me again😏 So starting again!🤐

Oooh - I did brilliantly with Slimming World a few years back - hmmm pity I didn't keep it up - weight is all back plus a bit more :(

• Sad 1

I have been in Malta for a week. It looks like weather back home is a bit hotter than here.  Good news Sunny. Good to hear mr S' results going better than expected.

No apple pies made - not cooking at all!!!

No toys to clean. 

Just laying back on sunbed reading books. 

Any new books written by our resident author that I should be reading?

😎

• Like 4

5 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

ah slimming world...I smile and shudder at the same time! husband has just lost 3 stone on SW but if I see another frylite or muller yoghurt in my cupboard I might screamO.o:DxD

Actually change of plan now I am going back to weight watchers! Didn’t realise that they did a morning group on what is going to be my day off.  Beginning on Thursday.  Have to say Muller lights are a godsend on a diet,

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oooh lots of thunder rolling around here - bring it on! :)

Send it my way please - could do with a bit of a refresher!

Today I've been doing washing, cooking proper food for what feels like the first time in ages and a bit of sorting out.  It was going to be a 'proper work' day but I got up way later than I'd intended and the day went to pot from there on in.  I think I'm going to finish it off with a bit of ironing and then a bath so I enjoy that lovely feeling of clean as I go to bed!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Change in temperature here today <might put the heating on> :ph34r:xD

Lunch date today with friends and then sometime later my 'granddog' xD will arrive for a ten day stay whilst his family are on their holidays :)

Next you'll be suggesting we reach for the balaclavas :PxD:P

This fresher day is just perfect, a little rest but happy for it to get a little warmer for the weekend !

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sue said:

Ok I must confess to never having been a fan of the balaclavas but IF ..... and that is a big IF.... I had to ware one I am wearing this one

Although this one comes a close second lol

I see where you’re coming from although I think you absolutely have to wear the ski goggles too if you wear one of those. I’m now going to ponder just how much time I have spent googling balaclavas over the years...

• Haha 2

Just now, Froglet said:

I see where you’re coming from although I think you absolutely have to wear the ski goggles too if you wear one of those. I’m now going to ponder just how much time I have spent googling balaclavas over the years...

Wear ski goggles in the summer!!!!! Your face would melt like a melting thing that was very melty xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do worry about what 'newbies' to the forum make of these discussions :ph34r::ph34r::bananas:

Well I am just back from a completely riotous lunch - honestly we make far too much noise with all the laughing that goes on - good job we alternate venues xD good for the soul though to have a good laugh :)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

I do worry about what 'newbies' to the forum make of these discussions :ph34r::ph34r::bananas:

Well I am just back from a completely riotous lunch - honestly we make far too much noise with all the laughing that goes on - good job we alternate venues xD good for the soul though to have a good laugh :)

Well hopefully they will think ‘madness but fun’. When I finished my final teaching practice which was in a foundation unit the note that came with my goodbye present said “Frivolous yet practical - just what every reception teacher needs to be.”    On here, I’m just exhibiting my more frivolous side! ;)

As for your lunch - sounds wonderful!

• Like 1

Despite the downpour/deluge today - one of my mums organised a gathering of pre-school families from the past and recent past, should have been a huge picnic, but sadly weather had other ideas, so we gathered in the café.  Youngest 2 months oldest - probably me!   So lovely to meet up with some that left 3-5 years ago and talk about what's happened to them since.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Panders said:

Despite the downpour/deluge today - one of my mums organised a gathering of pre-school families from the past and recent past, should have been a huge picnic, but sadly weather had other ideas, so we gathered in the café.  Youngest 2 months oldest - probably me!   So lovely to meet up with some that left 3-5 years ago and talk about what's happened to them since.

Oh that's lovely :)

Quite a busy day here - this morning 1 x granddog and 2 x grandchildren :) then a shopping trip this afternoon

1 minute ago, sunnyday said:

Oh that's lovely :)

Quite a busy day here - this morning 1 x granddog and 2 x grandchildren :) then a shopping trip this afternoon

I have a 'rentadog'  (my daughters boss's dog- so I'm not really sure how he ends up with us for his holidays :/

Lovely dog but just been diagnosed with diabetes so I have to inject him twice a day- and I didn't have to have any training, write a risk assessment or inform my insurance xD

• Haha 3

Well, I am struggling with the TDL.  I cannot get motivated to do anything on it.  I am more tempted by my governor TDL and that's saying something!  I'm also quite tempted to do baking of some kind - no idea what though as I have no eggs which limits it somewhat.  I could always pull out the emergency biscuits recipe...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I have a 'rentadog'  (my daughters boss's dog- so I'm not really sure how he ends up with us for his holidays :/

Lovely dog but just been diagnosed with diabetes so I have to inject him twice a day- and I didn't have to have any training, write a risk assessment or inform my insurance xD

Yikes - injections :o

I have enough to cope with just walking, feeding and poop scooping xD

• Haha 2