Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Random question....just doing reports and some of our relatives have gone missing!!!! on tapestry they aren't showing up at all....on the children's page i have the first names of some parents but i have a few who have just disappeared from the list!!! anyone else had this????????

On 22/06/2024 at 16:19, finleysmaid said:

Random question....just doing reports and some of our relatives have gone missing!!!! on tapestry they aren't showing up at all....on the children's page i have the first names of some parents but i have a few who have just disappeared from the list!!! anyone else had this????????

After quietly muttering 'I could do with some relatives going missing' 😉 no, no idea fm

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hi every one! Checking in early for Friday round-up as I'm out tomorrow 😁

We had a wonderful girlie trip and the GD even got to sit in the cockpit and had a photo with the captain on her first flight 😆  (the plane had landed!)

Back to reality now ....  only 2 more weeks and 2 days left!!!!

Please note: there appears to be no talk of retirement coming from me yet again! 😭  My daugher would like GS to attend, so that will take me to 2026!!! not sure I can last that long if I'm honest - but I will be cutting down to just two days in September 😄

Have a good week-end everyone xx

• Like 4

Good morning - 'tis Friday

Louby so pleased to hear that your holiday went well. Cutting down to just two days from September sounds like a good compromise.

Hope that everyone is okay?

What a turnaround with the weather this week ☀️ very nice!

Football - oh my word - we really don't deserve to be going through - I do hope that things improve 🤞

Have been enjoying the Tennis and looking forward to Wimbledon!

Throw in Politics and Glastonbury and I'm a happy bunny!

Hoping that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 3

Such a mix of weather this week! Wednesday was unbearable down here (and it’s not usually like that as we always have a coastal breeze) then Thursday was blowing a hoolie! Today has been a complete mix! 
Cannot stand the football but do like watching Glastonbury so happy this weekend!  
Louby, cutting down to two days sounds great, I’m sure you will not regret it. 
Had a lovely view from work today!  And when one put its sails up to sail out of the bay it was so beautiful. 
Have a lovey weekend all.

IMG_5841.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Hi Everyone, a nice dry week here to, not at all envious Louby, 2 days a week sounds ideal, in fact 0 days a week sounds better, one staffing hurdle after another to get over these days, now need to try and recruit a deputy over the summer, no mean feat I’m thinking  😔 

Have a good weekend all ☀️ 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 28/06/2024 at 19:59, Mouseketeer said:

now need to try and recruit a deputy over the summer, no mean feat I’m thinking  😔

Ouch Mousie, that sounds really difficult

• Sad 1

On 28/06/2024 at 18:34, zigzag said:

Such a mix of weather this week! Wednesday was unbearable down here (and it’s not usually like that as we always have a coastal breeze) then Thursday was blowing a hoolie! Today has been a complete mix! 
Cannot stand the football but do like watching Glastonbury so happy this weekend!  
Louby, cutting down to two days sounds great, I’m sure you will not regret it. 
Had a lovely view from work today!  And when one put its sails up to sail out of the bay it was so beautiful. 
Have a lovey weekend all.

IMG_5841.jpeg

Wow, wow and wow!

On 28/06/2024 at 19:59, Mouseketeer said:

Hi Everyone, a nice dry week here to, not at all envious Louby, 2 days a week sounds ideal, in fact 0 days a week sounds better, one staffing hurdle after another to get over these days, now need to try and recruit a deputy over the summer, no mean feat I’m thinking  😔 

Have a good weekend all ☀️ 

I am also on the hunt currently using agency staff for the first time ever! costing me a fortune. ! 

• Sad 2

On 02/07/2024 at 06:37, finleysmaid said:

I am also on the hunt currently using agency staff for the first time ever! costing me a fortune. ! 

Oh crikey fm - if only I was closer, I could 'put in a couple of shifts' for you!

• Love 2

Good morning - 'tis Friday!

Hope everyone is okay - not too long now if you are 'term-time' only

I'm so sorry for my lovely friends facing staffing issues 😧

Politics - I really try not to say too much about my political leanings on here - suffice to say - I am smiling today!

Tennis - has been great - missed all the Andy Murray stuff yesterday so would like to catch up on that.

Football - hmmm well we are still in - not much more to say about that really...

Weather - oh my actual goodness - looking out on my garden (which was looking so pretty) getting absolutely battered by rain ☹️

Have a good weekend all x

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 05/07/2024 at 09:40, sunnyday said:

Good morning - 'tis Friday!

Morning all, had a slight panic then logged on and no message yet from sunnyday..... so I went and made a coffee and when I returned - volia!!

Pretty average week workwise, but we are on a final countdown 😄   

My 'work head' is already in September (new starters in place, registers drawn up etc) The problem is my 'weather head' already thinks it must be October! 🤣... I might even start talking a about Christmas soon 😳😎

That said, I have no love for either tennis or football, and Andy came in the other day and asked if I was actually watching a christmas film in July!... I pointed out this was my only option currenlty available. 

Rainning here, annoying as I have a couple of pots under a big tree - and i will acutally have to go out and water them later 😭.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh louby - you are going to be in sooooo much trouble with Sue - you used that C word twice - stop it is July!

Anyway, I won't tell her.........

'Sue, Sue, hey are you there? Guess what louby has done' 🤣

• Haha 2

On 05/07/2024 at 10:19, louby loo said:

That said, I have no love for either tennis or football, and Andy came in the other day and asked if I was actually watching a christmas film in July!... I pointed out this was my only option currenlty available. 

That made me smile....my mum often ends up watching old films including Christmas ones when she is fed up of whatever is on offer on the TV.  

I will suffer through the footie on Saturday evening although I cannot say i am excited about the prospect ..... feel I have to do it though because if I don't watch it I cannot moan about it after the event lol

Sunday afternoon if I have done all my chores I plan to sit and watch the British grand prix.  My daughter is a big F! fan and has got me dipping in far more often than I used to.

I have to get the house ready for the arrival of my grandson next week who is coming to stay with Nanny and Papa.  William will be 3 in September so he is at that fab age where everything is exciting and interesting.  We have some nice days planned including the sea life centre and Brighton peir so hopefully the weather will be kind.  The sandpit (well a builders tray) will be refilled with sand and the golf/cricket/football eqipment will be dusted down ready for use.

So as I will be running around like a loon after a toddler next week feel free to use the C word without fear of being sent to the naughty step 😆

• Love 2

First time I have popped in here for many years.  Glad to see so many familiar names still around., and still the same sense of humour alive and well  Hope everyone is well x

• Like 5

On 07/07/2024 at 17:15, lsp said:

First time I have popped in here for many years.  Glad to see so many familiar names still around., and still the same sense of humour alive and well  Hope everyone is well x

Lovely to see you on the thread x

On 08/07/2024 at 20:16, Froglet said:

Lovely to see you Isp!

I have news... I have just discovered that you can download vintage knitting patterns for free from the V&A Museum website. There is one for... a balaclava with ear flaps (for ease of listening during phone calls). There is a picture too!

I'll be taking orders!

https://www.vam.ac.uk/articles/1940s-knitting-patterns

Me please - 'tis a thing of beauty!

• Like 1

On 07/07/2024 at 17:15, lsp said:

Nice to hear from you again! 😁

On 08/07/2024 at 20:16, Froglet said:

Lovely to see you Isp!

I have news... I have just discovered that you can download vintage knitting patterns for free from the V&A Museum website. There is one for... a balaclava with ear flaps (for ease of listening during phone calls). There is a picture too!

I'll be taking orders!

https://www.vam.ac.uk/articles/1940s-knitting-patterns

I sooo need one of those! (i'm pretty sure my mum made me something very similar to the first picture on your link  - it was an awful green thing, I still remember it well 😳)

I have a load of vintage patterns looking for a home....... I might just parcel them all up to you! 🤣

• Like 2

On 09/07/2024 at 22:53, louby loo said:

Nice to hear from you again! 😁

I sooo need one of those! (i'm pretty sure my mum made me something very similar to the first picture on your link  - it was an awful green thing, I still remember it well 😳)

I have a load of vintage patterns looking for a home....... I might just parcel them all up to you! 🤣

So far knitting wise I’ve only ever made socks!

• Like 1

On 10/07/2024 at 19:19, Froglet said:

So far knitting wise I’ve only ever made socks!

Honestly if you can make socks you can make anything!

Just back from youngest son's house where we have been watching the football - what a great night and what a great result!

• Like 2