Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Okay - I know it's not Friday - but hey it may as well be!!! :)

Finished with our traditional Easter egg hunt today - lots of fun had by all :)

Think that I might have said somewhere on this forum - "I don't intend to have an Easter hols TDL" - yeah right :ph34r: have made a good start on it this afternoon :D

Wishing all of my forum friends a very Happy Easter - hope that the long weekend is filled with things that you enjoy......

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Eh, what, how so?

Well lets just say I'm going to go into counselling now as a sideline!  (all personal issues, nothing to do with work!)

Anyway all ended well, and we had a really lovely tea-party at the end of the day. (cup of tea sorts everythingxD)

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Well lets just say I'm going to go into counselling now as a sideline!  (all personal issues, nothing to do with work!)

Anyway all ended well, and we had a really lovely tea-party at the end of the day. (cup of tea sorts everythingxD)

Oh right I see! :D

We finished yesterday with a fabulous Egg hunt that was enjoyed by all immensely.  Stayed on yesterday and made a start on cleaning and room reshuffle and then back again today and nearly finished but not quite!  My major to do list items this holiday are GDPR and all that entails and just a general Ofsted ready check as I am sure we will be inspected this year.😳

sunnyday I hope Mr S is doing better?

Have a great weekend all. 🙂

• Like 1

now I'm feeling really mean ...we haven't really done much for easter!:$ we were really quiet for the last few days everyone on holiday less than half our normal numbers! new member of staff has started:):):):):):) along with prospective parents etc etc and a bit relax after last weeks sickness. Ho Humm ....i gave them a pressie though...does that make up for it??????!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, zigzag said:

We finished yesterday with a fabulous Egg hunt that was enjoyed by all immensely.  Stayed on yesterday and made a start on cleaning and room reshuffle and then back again today and nearly finished but not quite!  My major to do list items this holiday are GDPR and all that entails and just a general Ofsted ready check as I am sure we will be inspected this year.😳

sunnyday I hope Mr S is doing better?

Have a great weekend all. 🙂

Mr S is still what i would call 'so-so' but thanks for asking x

wanders off muttering - cleaning oh yes better add that to the old TDL :ph34r: :D

• Like 2

I am currently time wasting - a favourite pursuit of late.    I have spent the best part of the afternoon watching some dopey film and now, as my second son is having a break in Venice, I am  'stalking'  him  by watching live webcams - excellent images.  Weather not brilliant though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So it's Friday again

Funny old week here, have worked on the old TDL but it's been pretty sporadic activity, keep adding two more items for every one that I cross off.......

Have seen all 5 of my grandchildren at various times so that has been lovely!:)

Mr S is still what I describe as 'so-so' - lots of conversations with his Dr at The Royal Brompton Hospital this week - we both have so much confidence in the whole team there, but this week have hit a bit of a snag - the 'Bed Manager' is saying "don't leave home on 16th April until I have rung to confirm he has a bed, will ring before 10:30am" - Doctor is saying "please be at the hospital for 8am as we need to repeat full lung function tests".......

We are actually going to go up on 15th and stay overnight in a hotel in order to be at the hospital for 8am - I will ring the 'bed manager' at the end of next week and the Doc has said he will speak to him too......

Off to clean the inside of my car now - it is a disgrace:ph34r: then hairdressers this afternoon

Youngest granddaughter coming for the day tomorrow:)

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

38 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Mr S is still what I describe as 'so-so' - lots of conversations with his Dr at The Royal Brompton Hospital this week - we both have so much confidence in the whole team there, but this week have hit a bit of a snag - the 'Bed Manager' is saying "don't leave home on 16th April until I have rung to confirm he has a bed, will ring before 10:30am" - Doctor is saying "please be at the hospital for 8am as we need to repeat full lung function tests".......

This reminds me of a time my mum went in hospital once in the 70/80s I think... anyway they rang in the morning and said she could only come in if she could bring her own sheets. When we went to visit the whole ward looked like a Brentford Nylons showroom xDxD

Hope all goes well for him in run up the 16th  :) 

• Like 2

Friday again!

Another funny old week really - hard to get on with anything much with the whole Mr S saga on my mind - have managed to do some GDPR stuff but I'm reading threads here and thinking that everyone else has done so much more than me :ph34r:

Quick update on Mr S (so sorry to keep banging on about him but I know that some of you are interested, which is so kind of you) 

At the end of last week his Doc said "email me on Monday morning to remind me to check with microbiology re his last sputum sample", so, of course, I duly contacted him.......long story cut short there is/was a whole new problem with his sample, to quote his Doc "we have isolated trichoderma" - this was all new to me (I am fast becoming quite the expert in such matters), Doc said "leave this with me and I will speak to the consultant and with microbiology"..........upshot of all this was we took another trip up to London yesterday with another sputum sample and he had several blood tests carried out (5 tubes were filled according to Mr S).......these are all to be 'fast tracked' so that answers will be available for Monday.....

We will go up on Monday and he will have his lung function tests for sure, but whether they will be able to carry out any more 'invasive' procedures will depend on latest results and, of course, they may not have a bed for him.......

Please keep everything crossed for him, this has dragged on for such a long time now....

This blessed GDPR stuff is making me look at 'everything' with a new 'slant' - looked through all of his permission forms for the two trials that he is involved in, lots of explanations re how his data will be processed and shared.........whilst talking to his Doc yesterday he drew up all of his records on his 'phone, I had a little smile to myself about that:) fairly sure that his phone will be password protected, even encrypted maybe - don't know and don't care really, I don't think Mr S does either:D

Anyway, really hoping that my next update will be a little more positive!

Have a lovely weekend all and good luck with your returns to work next week.....

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

have managed to do some GDPR stuff but I'm reading threads here and thinking that everyone else has done so much more than me :ph34r:

Don’t worry sunnyday I don’t think we are really, there’s been a lot of talk and not so much action 🤔 

hope everything goes to plan :-) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Friday again!

I'm reading threads here and thinking that everyone else has done so much more than me :ph34r:

Please keep everything crossed for him, this has dragged on for such a long time now....

Keeping fingers crossed.  xIIx for Monday. :|

1 hour ago, Mouseketeer said:

Don’t worry sunnyday I don’t think we are really, there’s been a lot of talk and not so much action 🤔 

hope everything goes to plan :-) 

Yep, Im with Mousekeeper on this one.   I think we are all just good at 'talking the talk'.   ... then easily distracted by more interesting stuff. Plus,  I think most of us are just seeing is as a good excuse to chuck  loads of old stuff out (cross thread 52 million times each piece)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good luck for Mr S next week Sunny.

I feel I must stand up and confess - my name is LSP and I am a GDPR dodger!!

I will get on the case next week.  All this shredding and burning you have all been involved in sounds very exciting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

i just like a good bonfire...its good training for forest school!xD Ive done a lot of research...does that count ??????

Hope Mr S does ok next week ...you bang on all you like I'm sure blood letting tales are like fishing tales they grow as you retell them^_^

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sunnyday I think it’s safe to say we may all be strangers but we are all thinking about you and Mr S, and wishing you both well.   It’s quite a strange relationship really when you think about it!  (Not yours and Mr S’s! , but the cyber one)😀

I hold my hands up and say that I am hoping that when I go through my list tomorrow I will be able to cross off all things GDPR🤞 I have just been ploughing through all holidays and hope when I do a check tomorrow it’s is done and dusted.  I am seriously worried about adding the hours up that I have worked this holiday and debating to put them down for paying or not!

Hope everyone has a good weekend and gets some rest before Monday!

• Like 2

Sunnyday - you tell us everything you want/need to about Mr S.  I know I'm not alone in often thinking of him.  I will be keeping everything crossed for you both.

I ended up spending a fair bit of time in my 'governor school' yesterday but they are good friends and I miss them and it was nice to be able to help out. I also took in a chocolate orange cake I'd made which went down well.  Chinese take out last night.  Today and tomorrow I am intending to clear the decks ready for school to start on Monday.  I really don't understand how one person (me!) can manage to create so much mess but I do and it becomes even harder to find time to sort things during term time - especially the summer term.

As it appears to have stopped raining for a little I am hoping to go for a walk and might make it across the park to the library to pick up my book group book - I've just been reminded that the meeting is next Wednesday and I haven't started the book yet!  That's probably tomorrow sorted out!

• Like 3

I know it's not Friday, but just wanted to share some great news!

Mr S had his procedure on Monday, they were able to place an endobronchial valve in the middle lobe of his right lung - if this works - and so far, so good, this will cause just that bit to collapse - all a bit strange and hard to grasp i know - but this is a very good thing and could potentially 'turn the clock back' by about five years for him......

I have come home now, safe in the knowledge that he is getting the best possible care

If all continues to go well for him he will be able to come home on Friday :)

• Like 5

On 13/04/2018 at 19:27, zigzag said:

Haven't a clue why that box it there [above] I can't get rid of it though!

34 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I know it's not Friday, but just wanted to share some great news!

Mr S had his procedure on Monday, they were able to place an endobronchial valve in the middle lobe of his right lung - if this works - and so far, so good, this will cause just that bit to collapse - all a bit strange and hard to grasp i know - but this is a very good thing and could potentially 'turn the clock back' by about five years for him......

I have come home now, safe in the knowledge that he is getting the best possible care

If all continues to go well for him he will be able to come home on Friday :)

Great news Sunnyday :):):):)    ......and a fine 'sunny day' to share it too!

Edited by louby loo
  • Like 1